Author Topic: How Could I Believe in Religion?  (Read 945 times)

JTSimon

Re:How Could I Believe in Religion?
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2003, 01:11:28 PM »
lol zevin64 you remind me of Ned from the Simpsons that one time when Homer took the crayon out of his nose/brain[he got really smart] and Homer proved on paper that god doesn't exist...and Ned burned the paper trying to cover it up....while Homer was passing them out in the neighborhood like flyers ;D
« Last Edit: July 16, 2003, 01:11:57 PM by Kain670 »

mauzip

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2003, 01:12:15 PM »
damn, who cares anyway. believe what you want to believe as long as you don't harm anyone :-X

That said, there is no reason the atheist should ask a christian to give "proof" of his/her religion as the atheist who "doesn't care" wouldn't care even if such proofs were reasonable since he/she is going to still cling on to his/her own biased presupposition. The atheist therefore has no real yearn for knowledge since the bottom line is he/she doesn't care. Well the consistent atheist at least.

i don't believe in higher powers, so i'm an athiest. this doesn't mean i don't/can't respect someone else's religion.  :-X

OutSider

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2003, 01:19:10 PM »
;D All religions are fake...tools to control people.
 right on comrade LOL!

zevin64

• Lil Geezy
  • The Enigmatic One
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2003, 01:23:21 PM »

i don't believe in higher powers, so i'm an athiest. this doesn't mean i don't/can't respect someone else's religion.  :-X

fair nuff

lol zevin64 you remind me of Ned from the Simpsons that one time when Homer took the crayon out of his nose/brain[he got really smart] and Homer proved on paper that god doesn't exist...and Ned burned the paper trying to cover it up....while Homer was passing them out in the neighborhood like flyers  

Lol that is quite funny. However I think the comparison is more accurate when you are Ned, who holds firmly to his respective belief system and when somebody like me, Homer comes along and offers proof as to why your belief system is wrong you try to cover it up by making fairly irrelevant comments such as the one above.

JTSimon

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2003, 01:54:29 PM »

fair nuff

lol zevin64 you remind me of Ned from the Simpsons that one time when Homer took the crayon out of his nose/brain[he got really smart] and Homer proved on paper that god doesn't exist...and Ned burned the paper trying to cover it up....while Homer was passing them out in the neighborhood like flyers  

Lol that is quite funny. However I think the comparison is more accurate when you are Ned, who holds firmly to his respective belief system and when somebody like me, Homer comes along and offers proof as to why your belief system is wrong you try to cover it up by making fairly irrelevant comments such as the one above.

lol you got no proof...Spinmaster ;D

Well I believe there is a higher power over the Universe not just watching over Earth.

Trauma-san

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2003, 05:12:12 PM »
no they arent. but sadly they're misused that way.

Yup, i agree with that.  I don't believe Religions were created for that purpose, but many of them are used that way.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2003, 05:13:19 PM »

How do u know this? Have you analysed ALL religions? Perhaps by religion u mean some kind of belief system that people blindly follow. In such a case your own belief i.e that all religions are fake, you are blindly following.. since I don't see any evidence of you disproving all religion.

Genius statement of the week.  Religion is such a personal experience, it's impossible to discredit another's religion, because you don't understand it as they do.  

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2003, 05:48:40 PM »

...props

and anyone who asks how u know this, its easy. Theres thousands of religions, they are all right, they all believe they are right, therefore every other one is wrong...therefore...there all wrong.  ;D

Trauma-san

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2003, 06:10:06 PM »
^^ You're ignorant.  Since you haven't been a member, or studied every religion, that statements impossible to make.  

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2003, 10:29:15 PM »
^^ You're ignorant.  Since you haven't been a member, or studied every religion, that statements impossible to make.  

Im ignorant...but u believe in a false superstition. If i believe the sky is falling, and we are all doomed...then u tell me u dont believe it too....does that make u ignorant? No, it makes u logical. Im being logical, you let yur fear of the unknown control your brain. When its all over, we'll both just be dead...except u spent your life praying to...nothing.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2003, 10:30:17 PM »
oh, BTW...there is no Santa Clause and there is no Easter Bunny either. Sorry to hit u with all those at once, but i figured u might as well know the truth.  ;)

Quakaveli

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2003, 12:36:27 AM »
religion iz misused like Seer sayd. Cant call it fake lol, its unproven and like the other dude said u gotta have faith 8)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2003, 02:53:32 AM »
religion iz misused like Seer sayd. Cant call it fake lol, its unproven and like the other dude said u gotta have faith 8)

if a person uses religion as a tool, to better themselves...id never knock them. But when they start to look down on others, and become so close-minded to anything else..that they are just sheep, then i gotta laff at em lol

Bigg AG

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2003, 04:35:04 AM »
That Zevin character reminds me extremly of Owen lol... and i dont know what to believe anymore... im out!!!

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2003, 05:32:31 AM »

Exactly.Once the peasants believed they would go to hell if they revolted against their leaders (all rules come from God) those leaders could keep them in check.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..