Author Topic: How Could I Believe in Religion?  (Read 965 times)

zevin64

• Lil Geezy
  • The Enigmatic One
Re:How Could I Believe in Religion?
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2003, 06:01:21 AM »

lol you got no proof...Spinmaster ;D

Unless you provide reasons as to why my logic is wrong your statement sounds more like " I refuse to believe my belief system is wrong, and thus will ignore any kind of theorem with the conclusion 'evolution is false' no matter how reasonable it sounds" You have no business telling any kind of religious person you can't understand why they "blindly" follow their faith since you blindly following a belief system of your own. Or maybe you would like to try and prove it wrong...but me being the "Spinmaster" makes you afraid since I'll expose the flaws in your thinking.

Well I believe there is a higher power over the Universe not just watching over Earth.

But I suppose you'll say that this higher being created everything via the big bang and since then hasn't intervened directly. So u do follow a religion...it's called 'deism'. Welcome to the religion club.

...props

and anyone who asks how u know this, its easy. Theres thousands of religions, they are all right, they all believe they are right, therefore every other one is wrong...therefore...there all wrong.

You seem to be using the notion of religious pluralism, that all religiongs are equally true which is self-refuting.

If all religions are true then chrisitianity is true. But part of the truth of Christianity is that other religions are false. Either Christianity is correct and others are false, or some other view is true and Christianity is false. Either way all religions can't be true. And thus it also follows that they can't all be false.

Quakaveli

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2003, 10:32:29 AM »
religion iz misused like Seer sayd. Cant call it fake lol, its unproven and like the other dude said u gotta have faith 8)

if a person uses religion as a tool, to better themselves...id never knock them. But when they start to look down on others, and become so close-minded to anything else..that they are just sheep, then i gotta laff at em lol

i agree.

oh yeah, WELCOME BACK OWEN 8)

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2003, 06:24:12 PM »

You seem to be using the notion of religious pluralism, that all religiongs are equally true which is self-refuting.

If all religions are true then chrisitianity is true. But part of the truth of Christianity is that other religions are false. Either Christianity is correct and others are false, or some other view is true and Christianity is false. Either way all religions can't be true. And thus it also follows that they can't all be false.

Im not trying to convince anyone NOT to believe in their particular religion. It isnt part of my belief to "spread the word" lol. So i dont need PROOF that something DOESNT exist. If there is no proof that it DOES, then in the eyes of a logical person...it doesnt.

Trauma-san

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2003, 08:57:34 PM »
^^ Yes you are.  Everytime somebody posts something about religion, you clown them.  You arrogantly think you're more intelligent than billions of religiously orientated people around the world, since you make blanket statements that they're all false, and we're all gulliable idiots who believe in superstition.  Think about how arrogant that is for a second.  

What it comes down to is, at best, you don't know whether religions are true, it doesn't interest you.  I can leave it at that; but when you say they're all false, and act like you're smart enough to realize that, and I'm not? Are you crazy?  I'm no simpleton with drool hanging out of my mouth, blindly following what somebody tells me.  I studied religion for years, thought about it for years, then decided that without a doubt, God exists.  It's not because I just accepted it, or was tricked, I'm intelligent.  I don't believe in Superstition.  For you to think that shows how ignorant, and arrogant you are.  

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2003, 02:27:28 AM »
^^ Yes you are.  Everytime somebody posts something about religion, you clown them.  You arrogantly think you're more intelligent than billions of religiously orientated people around the world, since you make blanket statements that they're all false, and we're all gulliable idiots who believe in superstition.  Think about how arrogant that is for a second.  

What it comes down to is, at best, you don't know whether religions are true, it doesn't interest you.  I can leave it at that; but when you say they're all false, and act like you're smart enough to realize that, and I'm not? Are you crazy?  I'm no simpleton with drool hanging out of my mouth, blindly following what somebody tells me.  I studied religion for years, thought about it for years, then decided that without a doubt, God exists.  It's not because I just accepted it, or was tricked, I'm intelligent.  I don't believe in Superstition.  For you to think that shows how ignorant, and arrogant you are.  

Im only that harsh on religion, when dealing with certain people. Certain (from what i see) blind followers who assume their way, is the right way...and anyone not on the same "path" as them, is doomed..etc...etc. So if im harsh on you, its because i see as that. If youre not, then good...im glad to be wrong. I told u before, i never look down on a person who's using religion to better themselves. If it makes u happy, do it...i dont care. But, on a NUMBER of threads...ive told u, my beliefs COULD be wrong. I dont believe in relgion, BUT...i COULD be wrong. I dont recall u EVER doing that. So if u wanna call me "arrogant" and "ignorant", take a look in the mirror. We can leave it at, u cant prove yur right...i cant prove yur wrong. And thas it...coo?

Peace...btw, im givin u propz on this one...