Author Topic: Religious Ignorance  (Read 934 times)

Don Seer

Re:Religious Ignorance
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2003, 12:44:04 AM »
wtf

Bigg AG

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2003, 12:48:10 AM »

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2003, 12:57:28 AM »
1. Nice job on the XXXposing.

2. Yes, Hinduism is a complex religion. It also involves mathematics and astrology, which is astonishing considering the fact that the religion was established so much longer before the modern "Big 3" (Judaism, Christianity, Islam). The ideals it revolves around are pretty cool, yet extremely hard to believe/grasp.

Just my 2 cents....

Bigg AG

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2003, 01:16:24 AM »
dont u gotta get punked to be hindu? im out!!!

Don Seer

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2003, 01:34:30 AM »
wtf

wtf@what?

about the he's in canada thing... before he deleted his account he was in england.. did u think he's canadian or something, or know something i dont?

Bigg AG

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2003, 01:42:05 AM »
wtf

wtf@what?

about the he's in canada thing... before he deleted his account he was in england.. did u think he's canadian or something, or know something i dont?

well i thought he told me he was an canada when he IMed me... but he coulda said he was in tha UK lol i really dont know i jus know he travels alot and why does he travel alot? his number one bitch TJ never told him to get at me i guess.... i need to aski him sumthing... im out!!!

zevin64

• Lil Geezy
  • The Enigmatic One
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2003, 06:15:01 AM »

'u werre lieng cuzz' in the words of the biggest retard on WCC...

U said they were Hindus (the higher authority) adn this website is a christian biased one..

No you've misquoted me. I said MANY(not all) of the higher authorities that I've read on are Hindus. Said site is not my only source of information,but it worded the arguments in a way I felt was best apporopriate.

Yeah I know I was right about souls 8) and I think of souls having minds...a mind iz inside a soul...its not anything physical, its mental/spiritual. so the argument is not true. Only the physical world is an "illusion"...as in its just a play we are running thru and its a cycle. Karma affects ur chances and luck and status in this play.

It maintains that OUR own minds...(which are not physical) is an illusion. And the only way we can escape the illusion and become one with Brahmin (i.e to realise our 'true' identity) is to go through the karmic cycle. Therefore we are not connected to this essence or soul or whatever..till the karmic cycle is over. Since our minds are not physical and are an illusion there is still no way we could know that we are an illusion. The argument still stands.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2003, 12:05:57 PM by zevin64 »

Trauma-san

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2003, 10:54:35 AM »
wtf

wtf@what?

You've GOT to be kidding me.  He acted to me like he lived on the east coast, and his uncle had a farm in Monroe, down the street from me.  He also used to ask me about if I thought it was cool his girlfriend (pictured) was coming over to spend the weekend with him.  Then I find out he was making the girlfriend stuff up, she didn't even exist.  I LET THAT PASS.  Then he starts flipping out, trash talking mormons, etc. blah blah blah, yall know the rest.  

Quakaveli

« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2003, 12:11:08 PM »
wtf

wtf@what?

You've GOT to be kidding me.  He acted to me like he lived on the east coast, and his uncle had a farm in Monroe, down the street from me.  He also used to ask me about if I thought it was cool his girlfriend (pictured) was coming over to spend the weekend with him.  Then I find out he was making the girlfriend stuff up, she didn't even exist.  I LET THAT PASS.  Then he starts flipping out, trash talking mormons, etc. blah blah blah, yall know the rest.  

"Maybe Im so disrespectful cuz to me ur a mystery..."

Quakaveli

« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2003, 12:16:36 PM »

'u werre lieng cuzz' in the words of the biggest retard on WCC...

U said they were Hindus (the higher authority) adn this website is a christian biased one..

No you've misquoted me. I said MANY(not all) of the higher authorities that I've read on are Hindus. Said site is not my only source of information,but it worded the arguments in a way I felt was best apporopriate.

Yeah I know I was right about souls 8) and I think of souls having minds...a mind iz inside a soul...its not anything physical, its mental/spiritual. so the argument is not true. Only the physical world is an "illusion"...as in its just a play we are running thru and its a cycle. Karma affects ur chances and luck and status in this play.

It maintains that OUR own minds...(which are not physical) is an illusion. And the only way we can escape the illusion and become one with Brahmin (i.e to realise our 'true' identity) is to go through the karmic cycle. Therefore we are not connected to this essence or soul or whatever..till the karmic cycle is over. Since our minds are not physical and are an illusion there is still no way we could know that we are an illusion. The argument still stands.

If we dont have minds of our own, we cant make choices adn therefore Karma is Bullshit..according to this "theory"...and we are always connected to our souls and minds...and Im pretty sure Hinduism maintains that..and if it really doesnt(which I doubt, cuz its stupid) then guess what: everyones not a religious fundamentalist like Infinite we got here who takes the holy words str8 100% to the heart. Peace.

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2003, 01:29:50 AM »
Yes, Hinduism is a complex religion. It also involves mathematics and astrology, which is astonishing considering the fact that the religion was established so much longer before the modern "Big 3" (Judaism, Christianity, Islam). The ideals it revolves around are pretty cool, yet extremely hard to believe/grasp.

I posted this earlier, but I'm just bumping up the thread in addition to getting it back on topic. Seems like it has turned into an America's Most Wanted episode of "Where's Owen?"