Author Topic: Mobb Deep - Infamy  (Read 799 times)

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
Mobb Deep - Infamy
« on: July 17, 2003, 11:19:26 PM »
Why does everyone hate on this album so much?  One of my favorite Mobb Deep songs is on here, "Home".  "Get away" and "Live foul" are dope too.

Don Breezio

Re:Mobb Deep - Infamy
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2003, 11:24:50 PM »
This whole cd is dope...i think their last 2 cds (Murda Mixtape and Infamy) have been their best 2 and i think this one is still the better of the 2...i love every track on this...my favorites will always be "Get Away" and "Hey Luv" though...damn...i didnt even know ppl were hating on this...i've never read reviews for it...but shit i love this cd.

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2003, 11:32:22 PM »
It just seems like whenever there is a Mobb Deep thread, people always say how this album was garbage and it's their worst album and shit.

Don Breezio

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2003, 11:33:51 PM »
It just seems like whenever there is a Mobb Deep thread, people always say how this album was garbage and it's their worst album and shit.

i dont think i could ever say mobb deep is garbage...the only album mobb deep related i wasnt feeling was prodigy - H.N.I.C....but i also heard that when it first came out and havent heard it since...i might actually like that now...i dont know.

Jome

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2003, 11:41:07 PM »
I liked Infamy.. it wasn't great, but it was pretty good.

pappy

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2003, 11:52:32 PM »
people hate for these reasons

1.  P was a shadow of his former self on here.  Lyrically he was about as bad as snoop gets.  People couldnt believe this was the same guy that rhymed on the infamous an hell on earth.  He sounded dead.  No motivation what so ever.  Atleast on the murda mix tape he sounded hungry again for most of it

2.  Havoc's production was sought of different.  it wasnt as dark as it usually is but it was dope none the less.  Havoc = most underatted producer in rap

3.  Hey luv,  every1 viewed this track as mobb deep selling out.  Could it be them growing as artist tho..... ofcourse not according to just about every1.  I think it was them growing as artist n trying to push units.  god forbid they wanna push more than gold for once.  me personally i thought i was a dope track

If this wasnt a mobb deep album people would of said it was a decent album.  But since mobb deep has so much classic material,  the infamous an hell on earth.  an than 2 dope as fuck albums,  murda muzik an pee's HNIC peeps were disapointed.  I would give this album a 3.25/5.  this album is no where near murda muzik let alone the infamous an hell on earth.  that is why people hate

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2003, 05:10:03 AM »
Hell on earth was the best imo...this album was good...

...just not what the public/media expected i suppose.

Liquid-Cannabis

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2003, 06:31:10 AM »
infamous - album some heavy shit on that one

Murda muzik - Adrenaline Ft. Cormega - most fuckin sickest tune i've heard for a while

infamy - my gat spitting - for some reason i like that track

i have all mobb deep albums so i wont disrespect them but infamy wasn't too good some tracks are ok but errm i jus didnt like the sounds they were comin with,

Peace

M3GA

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2003, 08:28:14 AM »
its alright. infamous will always be their best followed by hell on earth and hnic is dope as fuck just for the record. i can't wait for the new noyd and hopefully a hav solo.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Kaidy

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2003, 09:45:32 AM »
i love this album, ive never been a mobb deep fan so i cant compare it to their other shit which i dont own, but i thought infamy was bangin. Pray 4 Me and There I go Again are my cuts, lot of other good songs on there too.

PLANT

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2003, 10:02:17 AM »
This whole cd is dope...i think their last 2 cds (Murda Mixtape and Infamy) have been their best 2 and i think this one is still the better of the 2...
you've got to be fucking kidding me :-X

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2003, 10:29:39 AM »
This whole cd is dope...i think their last 2 cds (Murda Mixtape and Infamy) have been their best 2 and i think this one is still the better of the 2...i love every track on this...my favorites will always be "Get Away" and "Hey Luv" though...damn...i didnt even know ppl were hating on this...i've never read reviews for it...but shit i love this cd.

Best 2 = The Infamous and Hell On Earth

PLANT

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2003, 10:44:42 AM »

word. Murda Mixtape & Infamy were good albums, but nothing compared to Hell on Earth and Infamous.

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2003, 11:11:44 AM »

word. Murda Mixtape & Infamy were good albums, but nothing compared to Hell on Earth and Infamous.

Yeah those albums were good but not great...

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2003, 06:34:19 PM »
This album certainly is not as bad as people make it out to be.  It's just like how people treat Nas' Nastradamus.  I swear people just hear "Hey Luv" and "You Owe Me" and conclude the album is trash.  Maybe it's because both artists have solid classic material before and it's a let-down but both these albums are 8/10 to me.

Redman's Malpractice is probably in the same boat as these two.