Author Topic: China's Loch Ness Monster  (Read 375 times)

Trauma-san

China's Loch Ness Monster
« on: July 17, 2003, 11:38:59 PM »
BEIJING, China (Reuters) -- China's legendary "Lake Tianchi Monster" has surfaced anew, with local officials reporting sightings of as many as 20 of the mysterious and unidentified creatures in a lake near North Korea.

Sightings of the strange beast -- China's version of the "Loch Ness Monster" -- date back more than a century, but like Scotland's famed "Nessie," reports vary and remain unconfirmed.

On the morning of July 11, several local government cadres caught sight of a school of mysterious creatures swimming through the lake in the Changbai mountains, in northeastern Jilin province, the Beijing Youth Daily said on Tuesday.

"Within about 50 minutes, the monsters appeared five times," it quoted one of the officials, provincial forestry bureau vice-director Zhang Lufeng, as saying. "At times there was one, at times there were several. The last time, there was as many as about 20."

He said the creatures, two to three kilometres (1.25-2 miles) in the distance, appeared only as white or black spots. But from the ripples in the water, he and others determined the spots were "living beings."

Officials were not reachable for comment.

In 1903, according to local records, a creature resembling a huge buffalo with a deafening roar sprang out of the water and attempted to attack three people before one them shot it in the belly six times. The beast roared and disappeared back into the water.

A more recently documented sighting compared the head of the monster to that of a human -- except with big round eyes, a protruding mouth and a neck 1.2 to 1.5 metres long. It also had a white ring separating its neck and torso and smooth, grey skin.

UnstoppableForce

Re:China's Loch Ness Monster
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2003, 12:59:45 AM »
Not again....

It will end up being a whale or something.

Bigg AG

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2003, 01:20:58 AM »
i have studied alot about Nessie and i never heard this... where is tha source from again can u give a link? do they got any pics? im out!!!

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2003, 01:33:20 AM »
LOL.

the chinese are trying to cash in on the recent find at Loch Ness..

AG.. there are lots of places claiming nessie like creatuter..some in south america too i believe.

Bigg AG

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2003, 01:36:52 AM »
LOL.

the chinese are trying to cash in on the recent find at Loch Ness..

AG.. there are lots of places claiming nessie like creatuter..some in south america too i believe.

well why dont they search for them?

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2003, 01:51:11 AM »
money

lack of evidence for funding etc...

Bigg AG

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2003, 01:52:47 AM »
damn i think it really exists what about u?

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2003, 01:57:10 AM »
I'll go have a look one day.. its only 9 hours drive from here.. lol

i'll prolly go on holiday near there or something.. if i ever have kids they will be dragged all kindsa cool places like that :)

in reality.. i'm not really sure.. and i find it funny that more japanese tourists than english/scottish check it out.. lol

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2003, 04:03:23 AM »
Can you imagine how much money Loch Ness makes from tourism

Better keep having people 'spot it' once in a while.

Don Seer

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2003, 04:19:17 AM »
 :)

Don Seer

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2003, 04:21:03 AM »
was thinking when i posted before that they probably sell little nessie figures and lil books with info about the legend.. bet theres a boat tour and they probably sell nessie burgers too  ;D

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2003, 09:28:46 AM »
Oh HELL YEAH.  I've watched a ton of stuff on Nessie before, they have an entire tourism industry around it, kind of like the guys down at area 51 (is that the area? LOL) in nevada.  

Don Seer

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2003, 09:32:44 AM »
^ yeah thats the kinda deal :)

suprised theres not much around stonehenge really.

you arent allowed within a certain distance anyways (unless you're on tour which you have to pay through the nose for and book in advance). but i believe they're building a visitors centre there soon.. its an awesome sight though.. theres a road running within about a 1/4 mile of it. i drove past it earlier this year when i had to drive cross country for a wedding.. its about an hours drive from here :)

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2003, 09:41:04 AM »
^^ Yeah, you mentioned that.  I'll probably never make it, I've got about a thousand places I want to visit before england, lol.  

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2003, 04:30:26 PM »
ehh..the only cryptozoology thing i believe in is mokele mbeme. it wouldn't suprise me if something like that could surivive in the congo.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris