Author Topic: Why are divorce rates so high  (Read 433 times)

pappy

Why are divorce rates so high
« on: July 18, 2003, 03:56:02 PM »
on the heels of the kobe bryant admitting he fucks around on his wife.  it just got me thinking why divorce rates are so high in america.  i think it suptin like 60% of new marriages in america end in divorce.  I have my only theories but i wanna hear what every1 else says

Don Seer

Re:Why are divorce rates so high
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2003, 04:05:15 PM »
in some cases because of marriages based on all the wrong reasons

people marrying for money
people marrying for status

probably many more..

Jimmy Cash

• 'G'
  • Jimbo C. on the scene
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2003, 04:07:01 PM »
i think that it is because of the american dream of marring your high school sweet hart and alot of people are getting married too young, and divorce has become common place where some people are like "if this marriage doesn't work out we could always divorce"
but of course all this is speculation because i have never been married

Reservation, Bitch!!!

Shin

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2003, 06:41:21 PM »
some men even buy their women in asia!

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2003, 09:56:03 PM »
I think it's a number of reasons.  The main reason is like homie eluded to, many people, and more so women have changed their attitudes about marriage, some for the good, some for the bad.  In the past, women would stay married through tough times, unfortunately a lot of that was abusive relationships, or the man was messing around.  Today, women (and men) don't even attempt to work out problems in marriage, they just get divorced since it's so commonplace and not even stigmatized in society anymore.  They don't work at marriage, and almost every marriage is going to need a lot of work, a lot of sacrifice, and a lot of pain to make work.  

Eidolon_Ravi

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2003, 11:39:09 PM »
  Dirvorce rates are high in America bcause ppl have becom more materialistic and individualism has come to the fore.This degradation is not at all sudden but has been gradual and has reached it s culmination point in the present decade... where young ppl. are sitting up and noticing it. If nothin is done to remedy it in the near future.. I see a very bleak hope for the survival of this institution of MARRIAGE.
All the best!!

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2003, 02:04:26 AM »
i think the rates are so high in america is because people are growing up too fast , or trying to anyway, and don't know what real love is. my mom owns a day care center, and she's noticed since she's been doing it back in 86' that parents are just getting younger and younger. Also parents are becoming more and more immature and are just making horrible decisions

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

mauzip

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2003, 02:14:38 AM »
In America people marry too early. They marry between their 18th and 22nd usually. Most couples hardly know each other. Also, you can't really know each other if you haven't lived together yet.

And what somebody already said: young people wanna be more mature than they are.

Ah well, fuck it. I don't even see the use of marriage. It's not that you'll love your partner more just because of a stupid piece of paper.

(please don't attack me on this; I already had many discussions about this)

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2003, 03:26:16 AM »
I think theres just too much stress in the average persons life, and when u combine that with the stress of a relationship, the relationship will be the first to suffer. Like sum1 else said, people get married too young. Its true. They like the fairy tale. Love is important, but it isnt EVERYthing when it comes to a marriage. People would do better to just work on themselves first, get their life in order...get to the point where they are satisfied with themselves first, and THEN they can marry. If u have 2 people who dont even know where they are going individually, then how can they know where they are going as a couple?

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2003, 01:40:09 PM »
i think the rates are so high in america is because people are growing up too fast , or trying to anyway, and don't know what real love is. my mom owns a day care center, and she's noticed since she's been doing it back in 86' that parents are just getting younger and younger. Also parents are becoming more and more immature and are just making horrible decisions

I dunno, I don't think early marriage is the problem.  I think what I mentioned was the problem, simply becuase that's the major difference between today and the 50's, when people got married young all the time.  A 16 17 18 year old bride was normal in the 50's., today it's actually usually a little later.  The problem is the attitude that divorce isn't a big thing, and that marriage is for however long you want, not for life.  In the past, people worked and stuck through marriages, through the hard times.  Now you'll play HELL finding a girl that will stand beside youthrough hard times, they're out hte door as soon as something happens they don't like.  

Jimmy Cash

• 'G'
  • Jimbo C. on the scene
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2003, 02:28:50 PM »
Now you'll play HELL finding a girl that will stand beside youthrough hard times, they're out hte door as soon as something happens they don't like.  
do i sence a little bitterness? jp

Reservation, Bitch!!!

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2003, 02:35:32 PM »
Nah, I said YOU'LL play hell, lol.  

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2003, 06:04:53 PM »
People just don't respect marriage like they used to. Before no one would ever dare gettt divroce, but now no one seems to care.

Quakaveli

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2003, 08:19:15 PM »
Cuz judges smoke so much 8)

Quakaveli

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2003, 08:21:44 PM »
cuz in our modern high-paced society...love is considered 'romantic love' where u always feel good wit the person and sparks are flying...and after that comes more commitment love, where u have ur ups n downs. Ppl want the adrenaline rush of the first more. Thats MY theory .