Author Topic: Why are divorce rates so high  (Read 435 times)

Trauma-san

Re:Why are divorce rates so high
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2003, 09:03:22 PM »
^^ See, that's ALWAYS been a problem.  Like homie said, it's because everybody don't care about divorces anymore.  Women went a whole 180 with it, before they'd stay no matter what, and let their man beat their ass, now they'll leave their man if he don't take the trash out.  

A Woman Needs A Man, Like A Fish Needs A Bicycle

pappy

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2003, 12:14:00 PM »
 heres what i think.  people take love to lightly.  u got people goin out for 2 weeks an than saying they love each other.  how the fuck can u love some1 after 2 weeks.  people cant tell the difference from love an lust now.  You got people saying they love some1 else just to get them even tho they dont really love them.  people dont realize how powerful the word love is.  it should be something deeper but its not now  another reason is sex.  now a days b4 u get married,  it seems like every1 is fuckin every1 an not even thinking about it.  when u get married ur stuck with one person while ur used to a different person every night.  isnt sex supposed to be something special but it isnt anymore. its just another thing.  an a 3rd thing is this whole womans movement.  in the 40's an 50's majority of divorces were filed by the husband not the wife.  Now its the other way around.  Woman have to prove they dont need men even tho they kno they do but they think they have something to prove.

Woodrow

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2003, 12:52:37 PM »
IMO many people now-a-days get into a relationship without any real world life expierence or relationship skills. They have no idea how to deal with problems when they come up, and no idea how to keep a loving relationship going after the first 6 to 8 months. It's like anything today, people want instant results without putting REAL work into it. Being in a loving and caring relationship takes sacrifice and dedication and hard work. People just expect that if they say "I love you" at the begining and end of the day then the relationship will last and things will be great. IMO people should have to visit a relationship counselor before getting married to make sure it's something they REALLY want to do.

/my 2 cents
« Last Edit: July 20, 2003, 12:53:08 PM by Engel-Rock AKA Dances With Bitch »

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2003, 03:36:41 PM »
^^ That's a good point, but again, you guys are all listing things that have ALWAYS been a problem with relationships.  People have ALWAYS gotten married young.  People have ALWAYS gotten married at the drop of the hat.  People have ALWAYS mistaken lust for love.  Tom nailed the only 2 things that are different today as opposed to yesterday; the women's lib movement has made divorce more acceptable, and people are sleeping around so much outside of marriage that there's nothing special about marriage anymore.  

lil Bullet from berdoo

• Lil Geezy
  • DoOoD!
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2003, 06:25:32 PM »
well, comparing to what exactly.

if you are comparing the rates for 1800 to 2000 you will have a different reason. If it is 1950-1960 to 1990-2000 you will have also have a different answer. what kind of answer are you looking for exactly? compare 2003 to how many years ago?

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2003, 06:44:34 PM »
for many americans, "getting married" is equal to "moving in", so when one of the partner wanna "move out", they get divorced

i read someplace that a majority of the american population get married twicein a lifetime....

im not sure if its true though
« Last Edit: July 20, 2003, 06:45:47 PM by Maestro »

pappy

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2003, 06:54:26 PM »
an b4 some1 says this is jus a U.S. thing,  i read somewhere divorce rates were higher in the UK than they are in america

Trauma-san

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2003, 09:38:02 PM »
Nope, europe is behind us on this one, unfortunately.  4.3 of every 1000 americans get divorced each year, that's #3 in the world.  

pappy

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2003, 09:44:43 PM »
Nope, europe is behind us on this one, unfortunately.  4.3 of every 1000 americans get divorced each year, that's #3 in the world.  
i read the us was at 43% an the UK was at 49%.

Trauma-san

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2003, 09:49:20 PM »
Hmm, actually that's a diff. statistic, you may be right.  The one I saw was divorces PER YEAR, yours is divorces PER MARRIAGE.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2003, 09:51:29 PM »
LOL OH FUCK You're NOT GONNA BELIEVE THIS.

http://www.divorcereform.org/gul.html

America's Divorce Rate, is 54.8 percent.  

SWEDENS IS 54.9 LOL

THIS FUCKER IS UP HERE TALKING SHIT, AND HIS OWN COUNTRY RUNS THE WORLD IN DIVORCE RATES, LOL

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2003, 04:26:44 AM »

damn, id hate to be considered only .3 of a person...

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2003, 04:34:33 AM »
why are you so offensive fucking moron...

if tose stats are valid, its something im definitely not proud of
« Last Edit: July 21, 2003, 04:36:31 AM by Maestro »

Trauma-san

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2003, 07:21:18 AM »
Because YOU'RE so offensive, LOL.  You talk all that shit about Americans, and your country's EVEN WORSE, LOL.

So keep on with the "AMericans think this, blah blah blah" and then the shit bites you on the ass.