Author Topic: Faces Of Death  (Read 687 times)

Skindiana bon3z

Re:Faces Of Death
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2003, 11:00:24 AM »
this is the one with flow motion on it right? its a good album. the movies are funny as hell too. 8)

What exactly are the movies? lol
they are a bunch of videos of people dying  terrible deaths.  Like a guy blowing his brains out, one guy gets his throat slit, people getting hit by trains ect...

:o WOW!!!! Thanks for fillin me in on that, and are they real?

PLANT

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2003, 12:34:43 PM »
Im not sure if they are real or not.  They are disgusting IMO and I dont like watching them.  My younger brother downloads them from kazaa and him and his friends think they are pretty cool, but I dont.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2003, 12:49:16 PM »
I read about it on the net today... Apparently the autopsies are real (no reason why they couldn't be) and most of the dying animals are real (the monkey scene isn't) and the dying people are either re-enactments of crime scenes or - most often - plain fakes.

Also, found this interview of the director on the net (this is an outtake of the whole thing...)

Most adolescent slumber parties in the '80s began or ended with a video screening of the cult classic, pseudo-snuff flick Faces of Death. After the movie, no slumber came, only nightmares and debate.

"Did those people really beat that monkey to death and eat its brains?"

"How did they get that footage of the flesh-eating cult?"

"Is that electric chair execution real?"

Is any of Faces of Death real? What does the man who made it say?

"I'll never forget: All of a sudden on the news one night they're talking about Faces of Death!" says John Schwartz, who directed and wrote the movie and its sequels I through IV (there are now eight Faces of Death movies). The flick was intended as a Japanese-only release in 1979, but found its way to the United States, and the national news, a couple of years later.

"I almost fell out of my chair," says Schwartz in a phone interview. "Dan Rather on CBS was talking about these "incredibly horrible videos.' 'Cause everybody thought they were real!"

If anybody thinks Faces of Death is footage of actual deaths, it's because it says so on the video's box, right under the cheesy drawing of the hooded skull with the forked tongue and fangs. Schwartz and company did film real footage of slaughterhouses and autopsy rooms, but any other "real" deaths came from file footage.

"We traveled to all these different film libraries to see what we could find about death and disaster," says Schwartz. "I found this footage of this woman jumping off a building, and it was just incredible footage. But the part of the footage we didn't have was the aftermath. So we (filmed) inserts into the actual footage to match it."

Then how did Schwartz and company acquire the more bizarre footage? "I was the leader of the flesh-eating cult," Schwart admits. "I had scenes in each of these movies. . . . I'm the crazy, drugged-out killer. . . . I play this freaky rapist in the courtroom scene, and they show the rape on video, and it just so happens that the girl (in the rape scene) was this girl I was dating at the time."

You mean, the famous electric chair scene was fake? But the guy was foaming at the mouth and everything!

"We built a cell in a friend's loft, and we lined the guy's mouth with toothpaste," says Schwartz, laughing. "My research material for that: I happened to pick up a Hustler magazine and there was this great article about electrocution that really detailed how a person is executed. . . . And that's what I used as my basis."

PS. Sorry everyone. I realize this thread is about an album, and I apologize.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2003, 03:35:02 PM by T-Dizzog »

Bigg AG

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2003, 02:49:12 PM »
damnit its suppose to be about Bone Enterpirse not sum damn movie...  >:(