Author Topic: God is American - I  (Read 140 times)

Eidolon_Ravi

God is American - I
« on: August 06, 2003, 03:40:29 AM »

I am not a religious person… Admittedly I do drop into temples, churches  mosques or a synagogue to cover my bets.. U never know whether S/HE is hovering and hearing ur pleas. So I do find religious extremists a dangerous force which has plagued us throughout history.. More women, men and children have died in these wars than those fought over territory or say a woman. The battle of Troy even makes sense as it was fought over Helen, the queen.. than fighting over a god..

In this 21st century religion seems to have become more potent than the past. We have Hindutva, Islamic extremists and Jewish right wingers and Christian right wingers brandishing guns for their causes.. deep south in Alabama and Tennessee I find that Christianity has a stronghold over peoples minds and wallet. This regious extremism takes me by surprise and disturbs me as any other… As long as this fundamentalism remains in the bible belt, I won’t give it another thought.. Or describe it a cause to worry..

The people fleeing religious oppression in England took refuge in America. So the country was first formed in the basis of religious Freedom… A freedom which is denied to many and most parts of the world. It was a nation much to be admired for these freedoms…..
           UNTIL the present administration came to power and religion rushed to their heads…AMERICA in their eyes is the only religion.. When Bush announced the victory in Iraq he declared, “ Wherever we go we carry a message – a massage that is both ancient and new, in the words if the prophet Isaiah – “to the captives “come out” and to those in the darkness “be free””
           We understand that Bush is a born again Christian and his followers are not mere terrestrial soldiers but are missionaries.  They were in Iraq to cast the demon Saddam out and safeguard the people from his clutches. The American Administration (to separate it from the American people) and the army feel that they have done their job well.

AND they are not ready to believe that the Iraqis are resisting by their own Will to get themselves rid of their conquerors.

UnstoppableForce

Re:God is American - I
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2003, 10:16:02 AM »
LMAO. You're joking right? :-\

Shin

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2003, 10:17:47 AM »
Owen?

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2003, 11:00:02 AM »
5 points for mentioning Hindutva and Jewish Right Wingers
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

DoobieDoo420

Bush is gay
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2003, 11:26:41 PM »

Haha wassup Owen :D

And why is god American again ???

Eidolon_Ravi

Re:Bush is gay
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2003, 11:44:37 PM »

Haha wassup Owen :D

And why is god American again ???

Go read GIA -II thread.. probably u left that one alone...