Author Topic: US govt voting on the NATIONAL legalization of mary jane for medical reasons!  (Read 127 times)

Quakaveli

Congress To Hold Second Vote Ever on Medical Marijuana

Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:07:11 -0400 (EDT)

TO: Marijuana policy reform advocates

DATE: Monday, July 21, 2003

SUBJECT: Act now to defund government's war on medical marijuana

======================================================================

If you take two minutes now to contact your U.S. House member, you will play an important part in ending the DEA's raids and the federal government's war on medical marijuana patients and providers. Like never before, the Marijuana Policy Project needs you to take action now.

On Wednesday or Thursday of this week, the full U.S. House of Representatives is scheduled to vote on the issue of medical marijuana the first time in five years!

U.S. Reps. Maurice Hinchey (D-NY) and Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA), with the support of Reps. Ron Paul (R-TX), Jerrold Nadler (D-NY), and many other House members, are planning to propose a medical marijuana amendment to the Commerce-Justice-State Appropriations bill. Quite simply, the amendment would prevent the DEA and the Justice Department from spending any money to investigate or raid medical marijuana patients and providers in the states where medical marijuana is legal. It is urgent that you let your U.S. representative know -- today or Tuesday -- that you want him or her to vote for the Hinchey/ Rohrabacher amendment. Here's how:

FAX ...

The easiest thing to do is to fax your U.S. representative a pre- written letter from our Web site at http://www.mpp.org/DefundDEA The entire process takes only two minutes. After you enter your address, you will see links to a selection of sample letters; please choose a letter, edit it if you like, and then fax it to your U.S. representative with one final click.

If you are feeling inspired, we strongly encourage you to personalize your letter. (But whatever you do, please make sure that the letter clearly asks your U.S. representative to vote for the Hinchey/ Rohrabacher medical marijuana amendment to the Commerce-Justice-State Appropriations bill on the House floor.)

PHONE ...

You can also call your U.S. representative's office through the Capitol switchboard. If you don't know the name of your U.S. representative, you can give the switchboard operator your city or zip code and he or she will connect you to your U.S. representative's office:

877-762-8762 (toll-free) 800-648-3516 (toll-free) 202-225-3121

Sample phone script:

"Hi, my name is __________, and I vote in ___________ (city). I'm calling to ask Representative _______________ to vote for the Hinchey/Rohrabacher amendment to the Commerce-Justice-State Appropriations bill. This amendment would stop the federal government's raids on medical marijuana patients and providers in California and the other eight states where medical marijuana is legal."

AND SPREAD THE WORD ...

Please forward this e-mail message to your friends and family, ideally with a short introduction from you that personally asks them to take action. Or, if you prefer, you can use the "Tell a Friend" function on our Web site at http://www.mpp.org/DefundDEA/friend

The importance of the pending vote on the House floor cannot be overstated. It is literally the most important vote on marijuana policy in Congress in decades. Please help us achieve victory by visiting http://www.mpp.org/DefundDEA immediately. Thank you in advance for contacting your U.S. representative on this urgent matter.

======================================================================

Please visit http://www.mpp.org/USA/donate.html or write to MPP,P.O. Box 77492, Washington, D.C. 20013 to donate to our lobbying work on Capitol Hill.

8)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
well if the economy keeps going where it's going, i can see them legalizing it , and putting a tax on it. That'd sure boost the economy and the snack food stocks aswell.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

mauzip

that's about damn time :-\