Author Topic: The U.S. Troops dying in Iraq  (Read 319 times)

UnstoppableForce

Re:The U.S. Troops dying in Iraq
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2003, 11:09:27 PM »
This here is part of a post I made in another thread... I copied it here because it fits the topic....

One of the reasons democracy was a bit easier to establish in Germany is because it constituted democracy before (Weimar Republic). Also, the US, UK, and France had to help rebuild and set up democracy in the country, and then remain there to make sure everything went well. A similar situation applies to Japan because for centuries there had been a stable rule of law, and a leader. This is not the case in Iraq, where there are many different people living amongst eachother, who can't seem to stand eachother. Plus, there are fundamentalist Islamic nations bordering Iraq, who will put some "pressure" on the people for selling out to Western influence. In order for democracy to succeed in Iraq, the U.S. will have to make a stand there and stand up for the ideals. We would have to make a strong point, by staying there for a long time, decades even. The Iraqi situation is similar to that of African nations, Yugoslavia, and Korea. It won't be easy, not at all, but there is hope.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2003, 12:02:31 AM »
I can't believe that one would think that George Bush would want to spend soooooo much money on the war, when there's nothing to be gained. Oh yeah, I'm sure Bush loves the Iraqi people soooo much that he wants to rid them of their evil leader. Well, that I give him props for. But that isn't the only reason he's there. I think we all know that.

LOL EXACTLY!

People are so naive.....like "oh, our great & lovin president said on TV that he's goin 2 Iraq 2 save them" ughhhhhhh, SHUT THA FUCK UP!  

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Eidolon_Ravi

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2003, 04:11:37 AM »

Now there's been a lot of bullshit going around that Bush wants to make a democratic state out of Iraq.... I can't believe how ppl buy this thing.. and now a fella comes up seying that U got to give Bush decades to build up  the country.... that's fart..
The real reasoon is the DAMN OIL.. and if every nation starts attacking other country's soveriegnity... for its own selfish benefits.. u can pretty well gues where the world is heading to..
Of course now..countries will want to protect themselves from becoming another Iraq... N Korea is just the start.. There r more of those waiting to come up.. is the Fucked up Bush administratrion ready for that???
Or will it  again come up with another "sexed" up dossier from another obscure embasssy stating that they have intelligence reports of N Korea palnning a nuke attack on S korea... ?? there are tehn umpteen possibilities...
If this is the way u want it to be.. well no problem.. we r heading into chaos and probably into another World War...
I feel The UN must be given a chance to prove its mettle under such trying circumstances... I was in deed ironical for the US to go against it and prepare for the Iraq war.. given that the UN has been its rubber stamp all these years... BUT NOW THE SIGNIFICANCE OF UN HAS AGAIN COME TO THE FORE.. and its high time it stated exercising its powers..
Countries like India are waiting for the UN mandate to send their troups to Iraq.. becoz they don't want them to do the dirty job of some other nation..
Reconstruction of Iraq is indeed a priority but the manner must also be proper..
Have a nice day....

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2003, 07:00:02 PM »
*sigh.  Guys, stop speculating, look at the facts.

Bush said the reason he was going was because intelligence said that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, they would be a threat to the world.

He didn't go to liberate the Iraqi people, he went because he felt america was in danger.  

In 1998, Bill Clinton went to Iraq for the same reason.  Nobody cared.

Now, since there's a REPUBLICAN in the seat, everyone cares.  

In 2002, Congress passed a bill to allow Bush to send troops to Iraq.  Republicans.  Democrats.  Everyone agreed that Iraq was a threat and needed to be dealt with.

We tried to get the U.N. to go with us, they refused.

When Clinton went in 98, he didn't even try to get U.N. approval.  

Fact, Fact, Fact.  In 98, Clinton gave a speech, saying that Iraq had nuclear weapons.  He said this 4 times in the speech.  Nobody cared.

Bush says that England has intelligence about nuclear products, everybody goes crazy.

It's all a political game, the dems are so power hungry, they will jump at ANYTHING to make Bush look bad.  They don't agree with a thing he's doing.  Anyone who can't see the liberal bias in ALL of this is blind.  

lil Bullet from berdoo

• Lil Geezy
  • DoOoD!
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2003, 11:27:49 PM »
we gotta bring them home man!  Its getting worse and worse...people from both sides are dying so it can still be fucked up?!  If it continues we all know it will be a Guerrilla war type shit goin on...and I see no end in sight

i totally agree.. i have a few friends out there.. now.. and one that has been over there.. and just came back not to long ago.. tells me it was real bad out there..... he is a 101st airborne so he gets to see all the shit bush doesnt want to talk about... damn.. sad sad shit right there... pray from Mario Sanchez, Jennie Smith, Larry Soto, Geoffery Vilsenor and Kevin StoneStreet. Man they need prayer big time... oh yeah.. Prey that Josh Salas Keeps getting held back from war... Josh is Jennie borther BTW... so their mom is stressed over time about it.. and the youngest John Salas leaves oct. 23 to the marines.. so.. you know.. that is added to stress to a daughter that has already been shipped out over there...

so please keep these names in prayer.. that they make it home safe and sound... All i ask is that you do this... because they are good people... and desirve to come home.. soon..

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2003, 01:33:49 AM »
we gotta bring them home man!  Its getting worse and worse...people from both sides are dying so it can still be fucked up?!  If it continues we all know it will be a Guerrilla war type shit goin on...and I see no end in sight

i totally agree.. i have a few friends out there.. now.. and one that has been over there.. and just came back not to long ago.. tells me it was real ad out there..... he is a 101st airborne so he gets to see all the shit bush doesnt want to talk about... damn.. sad sad shit right there... pray from Mario Sanchez, Jennie Smith, Larry Soto, Geoffery Vilsenor and Kevin StoneStreet. Man they need prayer big time... oh yeah.. Prey that Josh Salas Keeps getting held back from war... Josh is Jennie borther BTW... so their mom is stressed over time about it.. and the youngest John Salas leaves oct. 23 to the marines.. so.. you know.. that is added to stress to a daughter that has already been shipped out over there...

so please keep these names in prayer.. that they make it home safe and sound... All i ask is that you do this... because they are good people... and desirve to come home.. soon..

Alrite Pink, I will pray for them.