Author Topic: How come  (Read 167 times)

pappy

How come
« on: July 23, 2003, 04:47:24 PM »
the fact clinton lied about banging some intern was a big deal.  granted it was under oath but still who did it hurt.  why did republicans make such a big deal.  Now Bush lies in his state of the union adress about iraq buyin uranium from some african country an republicans try to play it off like its no biggie.  how come republicans made a big deal when clinton said he smoked weed once.  But when the question was posed to dubbya about his former coke addiction.  he said im not going to play that game with you guys.  well what made it alright for him an the other republicans to do that shit 2 clinton.  his approval rating is finally dropping like a rock,  people are starting to see through his lies.  dont get me wrong i love living in america but i think bush is a horrible president.  but thats the beauty of america,  we can talk about our problems with the gov't.  

Trauma-san

Re:How come
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2003, 06:59:56 PM »
And since you're a level headed guy, I can talk to you about this.

1st, Bush didn't lie about uranium.  The british told american intelligence that that happened... Bush said in his speech that the BRITISH have intelligence that blah blah blah.  So how is it a lie?  It's fact, Tony Blair also said that yes, they do have that intelligence, the whole world realizes that what he said was 100% accurate.

The problem is, the cia had done an independent 'intelligence' probe into that, and had inconclusive evidence.  They couldn't prove what the British were claiming.  According to the white house and the CIA, nobody told Bush that.  Once he found out, he said that the part about that shouldn't have been in there, because it was only citing British intelligence in an AMERICAN state of the union adress.  1., he shouldn't cite another country's intelligence, and 2., he should have been told that we tried to substantiate the evidence ourselves and couldn't.

How is that his fault, and how is that lying?  I think the fact that he admitted it shows his character.  He could have just let it slide, the british already said it was accurate info, so he didn't have to even bring it up, but did.  I think that shows he's incredibly honest, he brought all that heat upon himself for nothing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Clinton's pot smoking isn't that big of a deal, I never heard anybody make that big of a deal about besides bringing it up to ridicule him, the same way people bring stuff up to ridicule Bush.  I think they're about even in the bashing they get in this case.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The clinton thing resounded with Republicans, because they're 'conservatives'.  Which means they try to stick to the more conservative values of the country, and don't like change that much.  For instance, they don't like homosexual marriages, becuase it cheapens the traditional view of marriage in america.  They also don't like people that screw around on their wives, which Clinton does.  Personally, I think a guy that screws around on his wife doesn't have much class, and doesn't even know how to respect the person that's supposed to be his equal, how's he going to respect the millions of people living in america that he's ABOVE?  I had a big problem with him cheating on his wife, like I'm sure everyone did.  Then, he lies, straight faced about it, what a dick.  To sit there and say it wasn't sex?  What the fuck, does he think we're that stupid? It had a condescending, I'm gonna save my ass by lying, feel to it.  

You say people are starting to see through Bush's lies... what lies?  

Quakaveli

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2003, 07:14:26 PM »
the fact clinton lied about banging some intern was a big deal.  granted it was under oath but still who did it hurt.  why did republicans make such a big deal.  Now Bush lies in his state of the union adress about iraq buyin uranium from some african country an republicans try to play it off like its no biggie.  how come republicans made a big deal when clinton said he smoked weed once.  But when the question was posed to dubbya about his former coke addiction.  he said im not going to play that game with you guys.  well what made it alright for him an the other republicans to do that shit 2 clinton.  his approval rating is finally dropping like a rock,  people are starting to see through his lies.  dont get me wrong i love living in america but i think bush is a horrible president.  but thats the beauty of america,  we can talk about our problems with the gov't.  

Why did they make a big deal...cuz they're gay self-rigeteous old pussies! And Yeah Clint da doobie inhaler...much better than Dubya the retarded cokesniffa.  Good thing his approval rating is dropping, only good thing he did all this time was give some shit to a couple retarded middle eastern countries...at least it can improve the economy too ;) so theres 2 lol. Ya I agree Dubya isnt the greatest president out there :-\

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2003, 09:35:15 PM »
^^ Man, you sound completely ignorant when you post.  "a couple retarded middle eastern countries" you except people to take your political opinion serious when you talk like that?  Go roll up another one for Bill.  

Don Breezio

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2003, 09:51:58 PM »
i think a big part of the reason bush gets away with more stuff is because he's the son of a former president. the same president who had to deal with saddam hussein the first time...that isnt a reason for him to get away with more but i think it has a lot to do with it. bush really isnt the smartest guy but oh well...as far as clinton smoking weed and being with monica lewinsky...i understand why it was a big deal with monica...the weed thing shouldnta been shit...but the monica thing i can understand...when you're the president you're supposed to symbolize our country and have honor etc....but god dammit he's only human. if he needs head from an intern then ya know what...i really dont give a fuck. everyone acts like the president has to be perfect...he's human just like the rest of us...if the president is supposed to be so perfect then we would have called him saint clinton or saint bush...and that sure as hell aint happening!

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2003, 10:47:16 PM »
^^ Man, you sound completely ignorant when you post.  "a couple retarded middle eastern countries" you except people to take your political opinion serious when you talk like that?  Go roll up another one for Bill.  

I told him his posts in TOT had no value; he didn't believe me. I'm glad there are others who see his ignorance, stupidity, and lame humor.

Trauma pretty much explained everything, and broke it down perfect.

Ghandu, in case you haven't noticed, the economy is not doing as good since Bush became president. It was a doing a whole lot better under Clinton.

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2003, 10:48:10 PM »
^true, but not applicable here... I hold everybody up to the standards clinton broke.  Nobody should cheat on their wife.  The worst part about it was, it leaked, and they asked him, and he said repeatedly "I did not have sexual relations with that woman".  Fucking liar.  Later, he had to go back and say he didn't think a blow job was sexual relations, yeah right.  It just shows if he would lie about that, then he would lie to anybody about anything.  Couldn't be trusted, so they impeached him.  

Quakaveli

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2003, 02:17:09 AM »

Well I dont give a fuck about ur opinion on my opinions...it was a joke, fool