Author Topic: Jay Tee - High Caliber review by 2 SICC REVIEWS  (Read 682 times)

LMD1510

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
Jay Tee - High Caliber review by 2 SICC REVIEWS
« on: August 13, 2003, 05:09:20 PM »
Check out the review at: http://2siccreviews.cjb.net/

1) "When I Come Thru"
A tight beat by GLS to get the album started with. Jay Tee puts it down on the mic. More of those clean cut lyrics that got him where he is today. A very tight song to start the album with, I'm feeling it to the fullest, one of my favorites on the album.

2) "Everybody Love"
Some coo production by Ken Franklin for this song. Jay Tee brings more good mic work to the table. I'm not that big on the hook for the song, but the verses are on point. Jay Tee shoots some more good lyrics on the mic to a cool beat. A solid song overall.

3) "Big Caddy"
Mr. Pimp-Lotion and Oral Bee lay down a solid beat that has a good pace to it. Jay Tee comes coo on the mic again on this song. He talks about wanting to drive a nice caddy and live the high life. It has a nice medium pace to it and is easy to follow. Another solid track, I'm feeling it.

4) "Boss to Perciseness" ft. E-40, Turf Talk
A decent beat by Moe Moe to get things started. I'm not feeling Turf Talk at all, but Jay Tee and E-40 come coo. Turf Talk starts it off, but I'm not feeling their flows. It should have been left as just a Jay Tee and E-40 song. I'm not really feeling it with Turf Talk on it.

5) "We Bubble" ft. Baby Beesh
Kim Morgan lays down some nice female vocals on the hook that really ties this track together. Ken Franklin lays down a tight beat that fits the song perfectly. Jay Tee starts it off with a solid verse. Baby Beesh comes with some solid mic work of his own. A tight song overall, I'm feeling it to the fullest.

6) "I Can't Go For That" ft. Mac Dre, Miami
Ken Franklin lays down some decent production. Mac Dre starts it off with a decent verse. Miami lays down a solid verse and then Jay Tee has a quick verse and then Mac Dre finishes it off with another short verse. It could have been better, but it's a decent song overall.

7) "Shake the Spot"
GLS makes another knoccin beat for this song. Kim Morgan lays down more nice female vocals in the background. Jay Tee spits some a coo flow, but it's not his best mic work on the album. Another decent song overall, ok, but nothing great.

8) "Born Ready" ft. 10sion
A tight beat by Happy P to get things started. Jay Tee comes nicely on the mic, but 10sion needed to go. I don't like his delivery at all and his lyrics aren't that great. This track would have been perfect as a Jay Tee solo. 10sion really brings down this song.

9) "Wants to Be"
GLS lays down another tight ass beat. He's really catching my attention on the production for this album. Jay Tee talks some bedroom talk. The hook isn't that great. Jay Tee just talking about getting it on with some girl. A decent song overall, the beat is my favorite part.

10) "What We Do" ft. Frost, Baby Beesh
Johnny Z brings a tight ass beat for this song. A nice fast pace to the flow of the song. All three talk about pimping some hoes. Jay Tee, Frost and Baby Beesh all put it down nicely on the mic. This is another one of my favorite songs, I'm feeling it to the fullest.

11) "Bounce Bounce" ft. Don Cisco, B-12, Miami
Big Ice and Oral Bee bring a tight ass beat to get things started. All four rappers bring it to the table on this song. I'm feeling the flows to the fullest and the beat with the nice piano in the background ties it all together. Another one of my favorite songs on the album, knocc it loud!

12) "D.A.U." (skit)
Jay Tee gets a call from his mom. She wants him to clean up his lyrics so she can have a song to listen to. A funny little skit.

13) "Youngsta"
Andre Rivers does some nice talkbox in the background and on the hook. Chris Jackson lays down a solid, slow paced beat. Jay Tee brings that slow soft sentimental feel to the mic talking about younsters and how they need to stay away from all the bad things in their life. A coo slow sentimental song. I'm feeling it to the fullest.

14) "Baby Girl" ft. Gemini, Magic
Magic does the talkbox on this song. Another slow paced song. This time Magic lays down a nice beat. They talk about their girls staying with them no matter what happens to them. All three flow nicely on the mic. A nice song to finish the album with, I'm feeling it.

Overall this was a tight album. I thought the production was top notch and the features were pretty good, maybe one or two needed to be cut out. Jay Tee shows he can still bring that heat on the mic that got him famous with N2Deep. A nice variety of songs, from fast paced to slow. Mostly pimp styled lyrics on the mic from Jay Tee, but he puts it down with his lyrical showcase. I'm feeling this album. A must get for all N2Deep and Jay Tee fans and most others will knocc this. The album also has a little movie clip you can access with a computer. It has a little interview with Jay Tee and some concert footage. A nice little addition to the album. Overall a tight new release, get it!

Overall Rating = 5/5

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Jay Tee - High Caliber review by 2 SICC REVIEWS
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2003, 02:14:01 AM »
coo thanks for the review,i dunno if it deserves a 5/5 tho

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24