Author Topic: Jermaine Dupri To Sign 3LW, Former Dogg Pound Member Daz  (Read 471 times)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Jermaine Dupri To Sign 3LW, Former Dogg Pound Member Daz
« on: July 23, 2003, 02:31:15 PM »
Da Brat will probably remain the First Lady of So So Def, but it's looking like she won't be the only female on the label's testosterone-heavy roster for much longer. Label CEO Jermaine Dupri says he is close to not only inking a deal with Snoop Dogg's cousin and former Dogg Pound member Daz, he's also going to be bringing 3LW to his label as well.

"They're still young [and] they're still in that marketplace that I like to deal with," Dupri said on Tuesday. He had just finished meeting with the singing trio and was in New York's Right Track Studio producing a track with Usher. "At the same time I feel So So Def is very male-dominated. I don't really want any more guys. I've got a contract with Daz, I'm getting ready to sign him too. So it's more dudes. I felt we needed some girls."

Dupri said that both Daz and 3LW approached him and he welcomed both acts with open arms.

"We wanted a girl group that could sell records," Dupri said of the songbirds. "They never really had a home around them. That's what So So Def is: a home. I'm going to keep them young like TLC's earlier days. The kids still like them. A lot of older fellas think they're cute. You gotta keep them in the middle. It's hard to describe, but I know how to get to that point."

According to Dupri, Daz, who he says has been selling tens of thousands of records independently for the past few years, told him he was ready to start dealing with a major label again.

"He wants to be on So So Def too," JD explained. "People want to be with somebody who understands how to make records. I was listening to Snoop's mixtape one night and Daz was really bussin'. I always liked Daz from day one. It's a talent that's just been sitting there that nobody's been doing anything with. The independent route is hard. I'm sure he likes doing it, but he wants to be with somebody that's going to care about him. Just like Roc-A-Fella signing ODB. Be a part of family."

While Dupri continues to work on finalizing Daz and 3LW's deals, So So Def's current roster is keeping busy. Da Brat and Bone Crusher are gearing up for the release of their second respective singles, "Boom" and "Grippin' the Grain." The Youngbloodz's new LP, Drankin' Patnaz, drops on August 26, and singer Anthony Hamilton will debut on September 23 with Comin' From Where I'm From (see "Eve, D'Angelo Can Testify: Anthony Hamilton Is 'Hellified Powerful' ")

A spokesperson for 3LW declined to comment on the group's contract negotiations until after they have signed a deal. Daz was unable to be reached for a statement.

mtv.com

whoa its official

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
Re:Jermaine Dupri To Sign 3LW, Former Dogg Pound Member Daz
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2003, 02:36:25 PM »
 :o

this could be dope..

JD is tight!! his "uhu...c'mon"  + his beats = dopeness  8)
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2003, 02:45:48 PM »
oh god no. daz, PLEASE SIGN SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2003, 02:52:50 PM »
oh god no. daz, PLEASE SIGN SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

I think its good for Daz ...good beats, good promotion=success

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2003, 03:15:35 PM »
at first i was like this sucks...........but then i thought about it and this is fuckin great, i mean daz ain't gonna have all these soso def people all over his album, he might have a beat or 2 by jd, and that ain't a real bad thing, hes going to get good ass promotion from this just like bone crusher (although i don't like him) has.  daz is still gonna be doin the same shit his album he says is gonna be called "i am the dogg pound" which you know he'll get snoop/soopa/ewhite hopefully nate ect on it.  this album could be big i am hyped fo sure!
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

Watch me while I do my thang

• Lil Geezy
  • visit www.deathrizzo.tk
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2003, 03:47:16 PM »

this could be dope..

is that sarcasm?

cuz to be honest about it i dont think he does any good beats, maybe they good for creatin bow wow style, but not for westcoast rappers like daz. But if daz signs n sticks to soopafly production, we might expect a dope album thats well supportet too. But NO DAZ over J.D BEATS  :-X

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2003, 03:55:02 PM »

this could be dope..

is that sarcasm?

cuz to be honest about it i dont think he does any good beats, maybe they good for creatin bow wow style, but not for westcoast rappers like daz. But if daz signs n sticks to soopafly production, we might expect a dope album thats well supportet too. But NO DAZ over J.D BEATS  :-X

go listen to Da Brat's first album and shut the hell up after that  8)

Active Ingredient

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • wake up in tha mornin with my lucky charms cereal
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2003, 04:16:34 PM »
"I always liked Daz from day one. It's a talent that's just been sitting there that nobody's been doing anything with."

daz has been doing most of the work for dpg even since they got started. theyve released a few dogg pound albums and hes even had a good amount of solo cds. i guess the only time jd hears daz is on snoop dogg cds.

"I keep it gangsta for the kids" -Goldie Loc

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2003, 05:07:09 PM »
"I always liked Daz from day one. It's a talent that's just been sitting there that nobody's been doing anything with."

daz has been doing most of the work for dpg even since they got started. theyve released a few dogg pound albums and hes even had a good amount of solo cds. i guess the only time jd hears daz is on snoop dogg cds.

I think he meant that Daz didnt receive the props he derserves from the mainstream

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2003, 09:33:10 PM »

Danm!!
I'm still holdin' out with the possibility that Daz is fuckin' around again... :-\

Cause So So Def.....
Come on Daz say it ain't so.
Kurupt signs with "Tha Row" & he's considered a Backstabber for making a business deal that would benifit his Family & his future & his peep's hate on him.
Now Daz does basicaly the same thing minus the Vice president position and it's held with welcome arm's.
I understand loyalty...
But what about dignity & respect of ones self.

It's hard to point the finger at one member of DPGC and say where all the trouble has come from, but when u really check out the past and examine it...
it all comes down to where Daz Dillinger is & or doing,
since the jump. He stayed at Deathrow....
He went Indie & refused to work with....
He stole the master's....
He basically burned down the bridge between them and Deathrow...

Oh well make ya money Daz..
I'll support ya music.
ImO
Hatesrats 2oooTre

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2003, 09:36:19 PM »
even though jd said it......it still sounds like bs 8)

The Watcher

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2003, 10:20:44 PM »
duno what Daz is thinking

is he signin to SoSoDef cause Suge dont like JD? maybe..
with that said, he was all up on Em & Dre's nuts a while back sayin he wanted to sign there, since they have/had beef with JD, you'd think he would be dissin' the shit out of them (SoSoDef) rather than signing
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2003, 10:25:53 PM »

with that said, he was all up on Em & Dre's nuts a while back sayin he wanted to sign there, since they have/had beef with JD, you'd think he would be dissin' the shit out of them (SoSoDef) rather than signing

I doubt the beef is still there....how come Yall dont think its a good move for him?

platinumk777

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2003, 11:11:51 PM »
at first i was like this sucks...........but then i thought about it and this is fuckin great, i mean daz ain't gonna have all these soso def people all over his album, he might have a beat or 2 by jd, and that ain't a real bad thing, hes going to get good ass promotion from this just like bone crusher (although i don't like him) has.  daz is still gonna be doin the same shit his album he says is gonna be called "i am the dogg pound" which you know he'll get snoop/soopa/ewhite hopefully nate ect on it.  this album could be big i am hyped fo sure!

true true... if Daz doesn't find a way to fuck this up, this may very well be his ticket back to success

The Watcher

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2003, 11:51:21 PM »

I doubt the beef is still there....how come Yall dont think its a good move for him?

i think its a good move for him, will get him alot more exposure than what he has now, but he should say something & stick to it, changes his mind more than his underwear
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden