Author Topic: Nas burnin XXL & Source  (Read 1106 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re:Nas burnin XXL & Source
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2003, 08:24:46 PM »
Shit I hope Nas comes with some real gangsta shit.

why would you want nas to do gangsta shit? hes waaaaaaaaaay deeper than that

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Jome

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2003, 09:41:28 PM »

Hold on.. you're talking to a Fabolous/Diplomats-fan here..  :D

Don Breezio

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2003, 09:54:35 PM »

Hold on.. you're talking to a Fabolous/Diplomats-fan here..  :D

lol @ jome...you have a good point...but like he said...why would u want nas to do gangsta shit? nas has never been that way...i dont wanna hear nas over a Bosko beat or some shit...nas keeps it real and as long as he keeps doin that...he'll always be my favorite.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2003, 01:44:54 AM »
They put a guy on tha kover of a magazine Burnin they magazine? Thatz lyke invitin sumBody who wantz ta kill u in yo house for dinner.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Don Breezio

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2003, 01:46:54 AM »
They put a guy on tha kover of a magazine Burnin they magazine? Thatz lyke invitin sumBody who wantz ta kill u in yo house for dinner.

its really a bold move on both their parts...they got nas burnin xxl & the source on the cover of xxl...and then the fact that hes burning 2 mags with him on them...and talking shit about the mags...i would be willing to bet this issue will sell very well...probably more so than usual. i know i'm gonna buy it...shit i've been lookin for it for 2 days though lol...all i can find is the one w/ 50 on the cover...guess the new one hasnt hit shelves here yet.

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2003, 04:08:42 AM »
Props to Nas...this is like may also be a way of xxl burning the ol beef shite...

...no burying it but not having it run half their mag n articles...and getting back to the decent hiphop articles etc that its reputation deserves...

..the source well i cant even be arsed to comment on their mag...even tho i was once an avid reader since day one (alongside hhc etc)

Nas is too deep for all this lately...welcome back the god to the stage  8)

KVB

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2003, 10:05:23 AM »

LOL, that is some of the funniest shit I've seen in a while... I wonder what his argument for burning both XXL and The Source on an XXL cover will be. What a fucking joke this guy is. Can't wait to get my hands on that issue, LOL.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2003, 12:06:20 PM »
I hope Nas goes against the media again. He pulled back, because he made many people mad, but he got them mad because he was right. He knows what they are like, after all, Shorty and Ochie Wally were for the radio, and good magazine reviews. Now my man is back to Nasty Nas, only moved forward. The best thing for Hip-Hop is it's King to represent it right. After all, I ain't seen no one take the crown like others say.

Yeah, that's true.

Don Breezio

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2003, 01:02:14 PM »

LOL, that is some of the funniest shit I've seen in a while... I wonder what his argument for burning both XXL and The Source on an XXL cover will be. What a fucking joke this guy is. Can't wait to get my hands on that issue, LOL.

nas is a joke huh? wow...you're an idiot  ::) while i havent read it his arguements for burning them are supposedly that they arent showing the true status of hip hop and that they are focusing on the mainstream and the beefs and stuff...they are basically adding to the degradation of hip hop...thats what i was told and i hope its something like taht cuz its time someone spoke out in an extremely public way...all we ever hear about when ppl say things like that is interviews that dont get talked about much. i hope this article has an impact on both the source & xxl as like optical i was an avid reader too...if nas can affect what the 2 mags run in their publishings then maybe in turn that can affect some of the bullshit hip hop coming out and make the media realise that 50 cent is not the greatest rapper of all time.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2003, 02:30:02 PM »
lol@wat a fuckin joke this guy is.................hahaha shits gets funnier and funnier listenin some of these jay -z groupies...........man niggaz need to get over the beef n respect skills.................and the whole world knows nas has skillz

Don Breezio

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2003, 02:32:09 PM »
lol@wat a fuckin joke this guy is.................hahaha shits gets funnier and funnier listenin some of these jay -z groupies...........man niggaz need to get over the beef n respect skills.................and the whole world knows nas has skillz

well said...even if u dont like nas' voice...everyone knows whether they like him or not he's got skills...

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2003, 03:22:40 PM »
^^^thats wut im sayin, whether u like him or not is another thing, but sayin his a joke is comedy to me, whether u like him or not, u should be able to respect his skillz