Author Topic: Welcome Gooner  (Read 874 times)

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
Welcome Gooner
« on: August 05, 2002, 04:54:29 AM »
I fucked your topic up man, sorry, it wasn't on purpose just because your an Arsenal fan

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

bez

Re: Welcome Gooner
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2002, 05:00:02 AM »
lol

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2002, 05:10:42 AM »
In case you didn't read it

To get a pic in your avatar (to the left), click profile at the top, and scroll down to where it says avatar and tick the box and then write in the address of the pic

For the sig (below your post) scroll to signature and write in it:

[image]insertpicaddresshere[/image]

Joachim

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2002, 10:47:54 AM »
Ayo Jay what happened to that Amsterdam tournament thread? I cant find it?

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2002, 10:52:40 AM »
Ayo Jay what happened to that Amsterdam tournament thread? I cant find it?

I shouldn't be given so much power.  lol.  I was fucking around earlier and three threads went 'kaput'! lol

did you watch it?  

Parma are shite but I thought there was encouraging aspects of our performance (apart from that Uruguayan joker)

Joachim

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2002, 11:03:40 AM »
I saw your first one against Ajax but missed the Parma game.

Rio is gonna be phenomenal for you this year, Keane looked sharp as usual but you gotta lose Barthez and Forlan, it was a sturdy performance overall though imo.

I heard Veron got a stunner against Parma? Who else netted?

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2002, 11:49:49 AM »
Yeah Carroll played the full game vs Parma and I was just so much more relaxed.  He may not be a 'superstar' or an entertainer but I think he can just do what the fuck he is meant to do better than Barthez and that is provide a reliable last line of defence.

We may as well keep Forlan as our 4th Striker but we need another striker because imagine if Ole or Ruud got injured and we had to rely on him

Veron was awesome BUT we controlled the game throughout so he had the time and the space to do everything he wanted.  I would still rather play a scrapper like Butt alongside Keane in big matches away from home vs Arsenal, the Dippers etc.

Giggs got the first and Soskjaer got the last one

With Neville G out for at least a month from the start of the season Wesley played well at right back and would be better than Neville P.  However there is no way that Wesley is a centre back and I do believe that O'Shea is ahead of him in the pecking order after Larry and Rio.

Silvestre is still dodgy but he's so good going forward we may as well take a risk

Now there is two BIG things on the horizon with United.  I will deal with one in a new thread but the other is Scholes.  This is about 40% - 50% likely to happen.  Ronaldo should be going to Madrid for huge money.  With some of that money Inter will offer £20 million for Scholes and Alex will say to him "It's your choice."  And I think Scholes will go.  Because 6 into 4 do not go.  Fergie has indicated that Butt is going to start the season, you can't drop Keane, Beckham is safe, Giggsy is hit and miss but at his best he is the greatest attacking midfielder in the last 25 years, and Fergie really wants to prove himself right with Veron.  Plus with Stewart moving from shirt number 28 to number 17 and playing for Scotland regularly we have tons of central midfielders.  Basically there is a 50% chance Scholes will leave.

PS. I was working on Saturday and missed Arsenal vs 1860 but heard Mr Arrogance scored a hat trick.  Did you see it. And I also heard an alarming fact that Kanu is Arsenal's third highest earner. lol.  Oh well he's better than Forlan i suppose.

safe

Joachim

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2002, 01:30:57 PM »
Scholes was awful last season, his best is behind him imo, selling him is sound business.

Your defence still looks thin though (although still better then most), i've heard good things about O'Shea, but he lacks experience, but then Rio rarely gets injured and is usually fit i suppose. I'm a fan of Silvestre, i like wing backs who get forward, he does lack defensively but has great potential imo.

I saw the Arsenal match, watch for Aliadiere to break through this year, he is something special, Henry and Bergkamp were linking up beautifully throughout, so were Silva and Vieira, Ashley and Wiltord also played well. On the downside, Sol looked fat and slugish, Carini had two saves the make, made one and missed the other, not impressed, Cygan looked horrible, and Edu was inept out wide on the left, mixed reactions really, without Gio, Bobby and Freddie we lack width, when Lauren and Ashley go forward we lack cover, so we need them back really, we looked strong overall though.

bez

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2002, 01:33:07 PM »
Give Forlan time I think he will be ok, I dont think Fergie would of bought him if he didnt realize that he was a good player and could score goals, every striker go's thru a stage where they cant score.  Maybe its just Forlans turn for that stage, but I think once he nets 1 or 2 he will start to net a few.

I think you could of done with keeping Yorke tho, I always thought he was a good striker, very strong, powerful and not afraid to get stuck in.  He will do well for blackburn.  

Scholes is a great player and the goal he scored in the tournament would show anybody how quality he is.  A great run thru the defence and a fantasic controlled volley into the net. I hope for England that he stays with Man utd, I think by going to Italy his game wont improve, I think italian footy is slow and not as fast paced as english is, As for England as a country I think we need fast players and I can see Scholes becoming lazy if he gos to Italy.

Thats my feelings on that n e ways

and as for kanu being the 3rd highest player at arsenal, if I become manager of The gunners he wud be first out of the door for me, he does nothing, not worth 5 million in my opinion.

Joachim

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2002, 01:34:51 PM »
and as for kanu being the 3rd highest player at arsenal, if I become manager of The gunners he wud be first out of the door for me, he does nothing, not worth 5 million in my opinion.

Word up homie.

bez

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2002, 01:42:11 PM »
I mean I wud rather have Richard Wright,

Oh wait we have him, MUAHAHAHAHA

Joachim's reply:

Yer Bez but who has the fox in the box??

Bez:

Dam,I'm guna cry.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2002, 02:00:49 PM »
Where the fuck is Francis anyway?

At least Forlan can walk (even if he can't run and kick at the same time)

Where does Aldiere play?  Striker isn't it?  I remember him coming on for you against someone last year on TV (maybe Newcastle in the FA Cup).  Cygan is good, solid, but I didn't think he would be first choice.  Is he?  He should adjust to the pace.

Yeah I could definitely see Edu being lost on the left because he just isn't a winger, he's a great link player with the short passes, ya know, linking defence midfield and attack.  I'd play him first choice with Vieira, I assume Gilberto is a reserve (remember: Stephane Guivarch has won the World Cup).  

Carini, well, I've seen him play two full games and one higlight game, he's a reserve keeper, I don't think he can make the step up, IMO Manninger should have stayed around, he was awesome in the first double, but faltered the second time he came into the team and Wenger musn't like him personally.

I'm still not sure about Lauren, he is Silvestre-like to me, while Cole Ash proved me wrong in the World Cup with strong defensive displays.

Bez, you're on point about Scholes moving being bad for England, but to be honest, I would rather United won the Worthington Cup than England won the World Cup so I don't care.

And Yorke has not been focused for 2 and a half years now, he brought down Bosnich and vice versa, and he was pulling down Barthez as well.  I would have paid Blackburn £2 million to have him regardless as to whether he scores 30 goals next season.  The striker we missed last season was not Yorke but he is also black and also plays for Blackburn.

Joachim

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2002, 12:57:56 AM »
Yeah Aliadiere's a striker. It's still a toss up between Keown/Cygan/Upson to see who partners Sol at centre back, id prefer Keown or Upson going by what i've seen of Cygan so far, but i'll give the bloke a chance, we'll see Sunday.

We should've kept Richard Wright, he's good and will get better. (damn you Bez  >:( )

Expect Gilberto and Paddy to be the first choice partnership in midfield, they compliment eachother well, they have similar styles which allows us to throw Paddy forward instead of making him anchor Edu or Ray-valdo.

As for Yorke, selling him was right, how many times has he been in the press coming out of a night club at all hours with a grip of women, he's a pro footballer, he should act like one.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2002, 02:15:03 AM »
Yorke was nothing without Cole

Cole had an awesome combination of power and strength - although his finishing was often shit, he worked well for us and I have no doubts that we would have seen of Leverkusen if he had played

Richard Wright will never do better than Everton.  How many "future England goalkeepers" have we had now?? Remember Nicky Weaver?  

Your confidence about Gilberto Silva is strange.  He was not eactly great in the World Cup, I think Brazil would have won the World Cup with me in midfield.  Turkey, Germany, England are nothing compared to Liverpool, United and the top European teams.  Let alone Costa Rica, China and Belgium.

I heard Seaman had cut his hair. ?.

bez

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2002, 04:03:03 AM »
Yup, I suppose you are right jay when you say about the future england international keepers, Simo was even suggested as being one for the future.  In realistic terms tho I feel wright has a good chance to be behind england sticks  one day.  Wright, Kirkland are too very good keepers that witrh the right attitude and form could become to of the best in europe.  I hope Wright does well for us because I knwo taht the blue fans will be behind him 100 percent of the way, if he trys his best and doesnt make n e stupid mistakes.

I like Gilberto Silva, he had strength, speed and accuarcy, he will do well at Arsenal if given a game.  Once everyone is back to full fitness I can see him not getting in the team and like Imatoto leaving at the end of the season.(Hopefully Everton will get in there for him, lol, straight swop with Gemmill,lololo)

Dam seaman got rid of his hair, dam it actually started to grow on me. Looks good on the old muccer.