Author Topic: The Rakim Conspiracy Thread  (Read 749 times)

Hittman2001

The Rakim Conspiracy Thread
« on: July 27, 2003, 09:34:18 PM »
EJ Rizo and myself  would just like to post some of our thoughts on this ongoing Rakim situation, yeah i know its another Rakim post.  First off, we are in denial about Ra being off of Aftermath.  i wasnt here when it all went down, so i have spent the last week along with EJ Rizo trying to figure it out, this is not a thread made purposely to waste your time.

here are our reasonings behind him still being on aftermath:

well, just take the interviews and appearances that happened before we heard this news of him leaving.  everything was going smoothly, 16 tracks had been recorded.  there was NO sign of any problems.

we think if Ra had a problem with Dre or Aftermath, he would've said something about it, dont you think?  

he is still on the Aftermath roster at www.interscope.com  when Truth and Hittman were dropped, their names were gone and then we heard about them being released.

there is no official word on this yet.  just what a manager said, there has been no official word from the label.  just what a couple of websites saying interscope confirmed...why dont interscope put it on their website?

Another thing about those websites...i find it interesting that Aftermathmusic is actually a building a website for an artist that is not even on the label.  truth hurts has one, but its not under aftermathmusic. July 31st is the so called "streetdate" for it to become operational.  if you all remember July 31st(thursday) was one of the rumored release dates for "Oh My God"  and so was July 29th.  maybe it will be the release of the first single or even a snippet of the single.  i think the owner of that site (Dedicato) knows alot more than he is telling us.  this is no disrespect to you Dedicato, just my opinion.  i think you run a very good site over there.

Finally...why would anyone be actually working on an album for about a year to a year and a half's worth of time without releasing anything.  and then just saying there were creative differences.  we think someone like Dre and Rakim would know, before they started working, which direction the album was going to go.  Rakim is made out to be a very patient, very humble guy. so i dont think his album getting pushed back should've been a problem.  they promised a classic, "game-changing" album...so i can understand the time it takes to make an album like that "Me and Dre are gonna shake up the world"  Dont you think this is the perfect way to begin the earth-quaking??  this news came out of nowhere...like we were told.  "expect the unexpected"  the last time we were blessed with a very intriguing post.  we were given the hint that it was all on Jimmy right now, meaning the final was either submitted or very close to it.  the fact is, no one outside the aftermath camp knows anything about it.  for all we know that audio tape of his manager could've been made up.  i emailed ben baller, he told me he was in the studio with dre recently and didnt hear anything about it, he has to know something about the album.  i think if anybody was dropped from the label they would be able to say they were dropped.  that makes his statement as reliable as the managers.  anyway, if it turns out that Ra is really left..i just wasted 40 minutes writing this stuff, oh well.  but its worth getting my thoughts on this situation out there, since i havent talked about it.  

it all comes down to the fact that no one outside the label really knows whats going on.  until we learn more, Rakim, in our opinions is still on Aftermath.

Post your thoughts...good or bad.   i wanna hear them ;).

and no i am not going to get over the fact that he left until word comes from Rakim or Dre, i just saved some of you a post ;)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2003, 12:27:54 AM by Hittman2001 »

mrtonguetwista

Re:The Rakim Conspiracy Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2003, 09:37:51 PM »
Rakim had a secretary named Kennedy
Dre had a secretary named Lincoln

hmmmmmm    Definitely Conspiracy. :D

The Watcher

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2003, 09:40:47 PM »
Rakim said in thaformula interview that 16 tracks had been done. For all we know, Aftermath just handed in that version of the album or whatever and Jimmy said no. With a previous version of the album already being rejected, Ra' probably got pissed off with them rejecting it again and decided to leave

guess we will soon see
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Dedicato

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • AFTERMATH MUSIC
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2003, 10:27:19 PM »
Another thing about those websites...i find it interesting that Aftermathmusic is actually a building a website for an artist that is not even on the label.  truth hurts has one, but its not under aftermathmusic. July 31st is the so called "streetdate" for it to become operational.  if you all remember July 31st(thursday) was one of the rumored release dates for "Oh My God"  and so was July 29th.  maybe it will be the release of the first single or even a snippet of the single.  i think the owner of that site (Dedicato) knows alot more than he is telling us.  this is no disrespect to you Dedicato, just my opinion.  i think you run a very good site over there.

both artists have a website under Aftermathmusic.com. I run the official german Rakim, 50 Cent, Obie Trice website, also.

Sorry Hittman2001, but I've no news for ya'll about Rakim. I dunno more than i'm tellin' u. I`m just a fan of Rakim since 10 yrs and now I've the chance to support Rakim on the internet. The "Streetdate" is for the Rakim site, not for a single or an album. But, like I said on www.Aftermathmusic.com, I´m tryin to find out more info why he left. After Ra has signed a new deal, I´ll get an interview with Ra.

Look at Interscope.com. Eve was signed, Cube was signed, check the roster on Aftermathmusic.com and Interscope.com. There're a lot of differences.

Roster Aftermathmusic.com:
Dr. Dre, Eve, Ice Cube, The Game, Joe Beast, Brooklyn, Shaunta, Amy, Antonio + Eminem, 50 Cent (Shady/Aftermath)

Roster on Interscope:
50 Cent , Joe Blast, Dr. Dre, Eminem, Rakim, Shaunta, Aimee Terrin
---> That's ridiculous. The site isn't updated yet.

The only thing I can say is, that we have to wait for more news. Rakim has left the camp - that's 100% sure! Peace!

Hittman2001

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2003, 10:36:11 PM »
Ok, i respect your comments, but how is it that you are 100% sure that he is off the math?  who from aftermath told you this?  and how do we know cube, brooklyn, antonio, and the game's deals are finalized.  
i also wanted to add that i appreciate you trying to find out more.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2003, 10:42:32 PM by Hittman2001 »

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2003, 10:39:29 PM »
i also think it might be a publicity stunt, but i thought that even before i came into this this thread so none of my thoughts have changed at all  8)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2003, 10:39:50 PM by Krayzie Mofo Guy »

pappy

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2003, 10:41:47 PM »
im curious,  has rakim himself come out say he is off the math yet

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2003, 10:51:27 PM »

nah, but even if he did, it could still very much be a publicity stunt

Dedicato

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • AFTERMATH MUSIC
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2003, 11:03:27 PM »
Ok, i respect your comments, but how is it that you are 100% sure that he is off the math?  who from aftermath told you this?  and how do we know cube, brooklyn, antonio, and the game's deals are finalized.  
i also wanted to add that i appreciate you trying to find out more.

Cube told that, Game and Brooklyn reppin Aftermath, remember this article from the XXL?

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2003, 11:04:07 PM »

nah, but even if he did, it could still very much be a publicity stunt
yeah but if ra or dre themselves came out and said it...it would be with more credability than just his manager.....and it would seem less of a Publicity stunt because then they would be lying to their fans unlike this where someone else said something and if shit hits the fan they can always just say it was his fault kinda thing....

Don Seer

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2003, 12:22:16 AM »
also...

Rud phoned the person he speaks to at interscope and they confirmed he's off the label..

sorry folx...

Tha_Reverend

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2003, 12:30:16 AM »
 :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :'( :'( :'( :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2003, 12:59:37 AM »
also...

Rud phoned the person he speaks to at interscope and they confirmed he's off the label..

sorry folx...
thats still not enough for me....like i understand and all what you saying but thats no more credible to me than his manager......i want to hear dre or rakim release a statement so until i hear one of them say it or read it on one of their interviews will i believe it...but im not sayin you wrong

Don Seer

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2003, 01:32:44 AM »
rakim's manager isnt credible? man... you living in a dream world... dedicato put up audio of the manager saying it, and he runs the official german Rakim site. you think they'd BS him?

and you'll have a long long wait, dre only does interviews when his albums are coming out and has never done one on a fan site or anything like that and Rakim is notorious for not doing them... its a damn shame that thaformula.com interviewed him before this happened.

the only way we'll hear is if the label its dropping or an artist affiliated with that mentions it in an interview, or they start pushing the album themselves.

Jome

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2003, 01:42:06 AM »
Now, if it really WAS a PR-stunt, don't you think they would include everybody on the stunt ??
Wouldn't Rakims manager be in on it.. the Aftermath-artists.. Interscope-employees.. ?