Author Topic: The Rakim Conspiracy Thread  (Read 747 times)

Don Seer

Re:The Rakim Conspiracy Thread
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2003, 01:52:36 AM »
what use would pretending rakim is off aftermath/interscope have?

but in some ways i'm not suprised.. the album has been overhyped beyond belief.

but to add fuel to your fire.. there are some worries here though that have been there from the start.

1) the main source is 'zach katz' his manager, there isnt really another one apart from whoever said it was true when rud phoned interscope.
dj vlad first broke the news in his newsletter.. quoting him as the source too.

2) MTVs story is quoted as the source for the news on many sites... however in that story is the following line...

statement released by Rakim's manager on the Afterrmath Web site announced that the MC and Dre's label, which is distributed by Interscope, have officially parted ways. An Interscope spokesperson confirmed Rakim's departure.

"He's already shopping a new deal," Zach Katz said in his audio statement. "They mutually decided to go their separate ways."

i've also seen 'aftermath's official site' quoted by some other sites.

there is no 'official' aftermath site.. if MTV knew that site was a fan site not an official site do you think they would have still run that story?

p.s. Where mellowman at?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2003, 01:55:07 AM by Overseer »

Don Breezio

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2003, 01:59:46 AM »
you guys...going on and on about this isnt going to get you anywhere...nobody is going to know anything for sure until rakim himself comes and says it with more info than just "he left aftermath"... or until the album drops...but sitting here talking about all the different reasons it could be a conspiracy is getting rediculously old...its like ppl still talking about why pac is alive...lol...just wait and see...i'd be willin to be he is off the math due to jimmy iovine being a dumbass peice of shit lol.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2003, 02:06:14 AM »
you guys...going on and on about this isnt going to get you anywhere...nobody is going to know anything for sure until rakim himself comes and says it with more info than just "he left aftermath"... or until the album drops...but sitting here talking about all the different reasons it could be a conspiracy is getting rediculously old...its like ppl still talking about why pac is alive...lol...just wait and see...i'd be willin to be he is off the math due to jimmy iovine being a dumbass peice of shit lol.
thats the point tho this topic is still fairly new so what im saying is that this is the way i think and my reasons but i know people might know something i dont or know a few things or two that they can tell me.....thats the purpose of this thread and we tried to do it as best as possible without everyone think its a joke we tried to back it up with our thoughts and why we think like that....but i mean we wont know until something happens....and i really can care less if he is on aftermath or not as long as he uses those dre beats on his album if he doesnt then ima be pretty pissed......its best if it drops on aftermath with all the dre beats but if i cant have that i hope that i can have a non aftermath album with dre beats..... anyway you get the point im trying to say and the purpose of this thread....we are trying to make this not just another rakim thread but a eduacted disscussion on this

Don Seer

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2003, 02:08:25 AM »
one thing i wanna add... dont expect rakim to be running around screamin fuck dre!.. not a single ex-aftermath artist has done that... compare that track record to a certain other label ;)

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2003, 02:10:37 AM »
one thing i wanna add... dont expect rakim to be running around screamin fuck dre!.. not a single ex-aftermath artist has done that... compare that track record to a certain other label ;)
thats a good point ;D

Shin

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2003, 06:02:34 AM »
Rakim will sign with Rocafella and we'll get an album produced by Just Blaze, Kanye West (and Dr Dre)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2003, 10:16:27 AM »
the album has been overhyped beyond belief.

word to that

listen you guys can either keep coming up with these stupid  "conspiracy" theories but the fact is that its just one rapper, life WILL go on without hearing a Rakim album on aftermath

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Hittman2001

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2003, 11:20:40 AM »
Just for future reference, i am assuming that there will be no more Rakim threads in the main forum...

Dedicato

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • AFTERMATH MUSIC
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2003, 02:11:31 PM »
Rakim will sign with Rocafella and we'll get an album produced by Just Blaze, Kanye West (and Dr Dre)

lol. Who said this?  ::)

Shin

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2003, 02:20:12 PM »

lol. Who said this?  ::)

I WAS KIDDING!!!!!!!

Jome

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2003, 05:41:13 PM »
what use would pretending rakim is off aftermath/interscope have?

2) MTVs story is quoted as the source for the news on many sites... however in that story is the following line...

statement released by Rakim's manager on the Aftermath Web site announced that the MC and Dre's label, which is distributed by Interscope, have officially parted ways. An Interscope spokesperson confirmed Rakim's departure.

"He's already shopping a new deal," Zach Katz said in his audio statement. "They mutually decided to go their separate ways."

i've also seen 'aftermath's official site' quoted by some other sites.

there is no 'official' aftermath site.. if MTV knew that site was a fan site not an official site do you think they would have still run that story?

p.s. Where mellowman at?

Stating that Rakim has left Aftermath have created more headlines than even his signing.. if it is a PR-stunt, this one has been successful..

I also found it strange that MTV quoted "the Aftermath website", but MTV is just a small fish in this game.. they have been played before..
And I don't think Dre would charge $10 to play MTV for a foo..  ;D