Author Topic: Whose tha king of Newyork?  (Read 673 times)

KVB

Re:Whose tha king of Newyork?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2003, 09:46:50 AM »
Right now... either 50 Cent or Jay-Z.

JTSimon

Re:Whose the king of New York?
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2003, 10:51:13 AM »
I have never found interest in Jay-Z...he must be hiding all his good tracks from me since all of you are on his jock. I have about 250 rap tracks on my computer and not 1 is from Jay-Z.

:)

DopeKush

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2003, 10:54:15 AM »
u askin who da mayor is?

Noon Bank$

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bankin' It
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2003, 11:00:36 AM »
Bloomberg

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2003, 12:10:07 PM »
Nas

Don Breezio

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2003, 12:53:40 PM »
Who the fuck likes Eve?

50 got it right now.
He owns NY.

The guy that stalks the PR chick from 3LW is right. Every car that has rap on, has 50 on.

dude the fact that you're obsessed with 50 is clouding your vision...50 is the king as far as sales and being the media's bitch....50 isnt shit compared to nas or jay-z credit wise...nas & jay have been doin it for years both lyrically and sales wise...compared to those 2 50 aint shit.

JTSimon

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2003, 02:01:45 PM »
Who the fuck likes Eve?

50 got it right now.
He owns NY.

The guy that stalks the PR chick from 3LW is right. Every car that has rap on, has 50 on.

dude the fact that you're obsessed with 50 is clouding your vision...50 is the king as far as sales and being the media's bitch....50 isnt shit compared to nas or jay-z credit wise...nas & jay have been doin it for years both lyrically and sales wise...compared to those 2 50 aint shit.

^^^Lake Stevens, WA        I'm sure you hearing about all the 50 street credit in the forests of Washington ;D

PLANT

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2003, 04:40:40 PM »
The real KONY is and always will be Biggie Smalls RIP

But if your gona claim anyone else Its Jay Z aka Young Hova aka Shawn Carter aka whatever Jay Z is todays KONY hands down no question him and Nas are equally dope on the Mic but its no question Jay Z got 100x more clout than Nas has or ever will have...

Don Breezio

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2003, 04:48:16 PM »
Who the fuck likes Eve?

50 got it right now.
He owns NY.

^^^Lake Stevens, WA        I'm sure you hearing about all the 50 street credit in the forests of Washington ;D

lol yup...actually lake stevens is just kind of a side town of everett...and everett is a big city...the part of everett that lake stevens connects to is the shittier part of everett...lots of gangs, projects etc...luckily im out of that area cuz i would hate to live there...but i dont really live around the forested areas...thats over the pass lol.

Jome

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2003, 05:57:41 PM »
You gotta be a Nas-groupie to think he's the King of N.Y.
Other than his solo-albums, what's really popping with him..

Ill Will Records ??
The Bravehearts ??

Lmao.. nothing really.

Jay-Z's empire in 50x times bigger.. Roc-a-fella, Roc-a-wear, movies, shoes, Cognac, etc... he got everything poppin off.. it's impossible to deny his empire.
One can discuss Nas vs. Jay-Z albums into eternity, but when it comes to running shit.. they don't get much bigger than Jigga.

Even Snoop Dogg is a small-time hustla compared to Jay-Z.. as he says himself:

I'm tryina build a Dynasty like Jigga, my nigga
Sixty seven-figure, you dig it ?

« Last Edit: July 28, 2003, 05:58:38 PM by PhaŽoahe Jome »

GuEsStStAr

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2003, 06:02:44 PM »
I thought we were jus discussin bout the music...

Jigga has a much bigger empire no doubt...but I don't think that makes him the King of New York...

Jome

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2003, 06:08:44 PM »
50 isnt shit compared to nas or jay-z credit wise...nas & jay have been doin it for years both lyrically and sales wise...compared to those 2 50 aint shit.

You are of course aware that Nas's debut sold 1 million, Jay's debut barely went platinum.... while 50's official debut currently is at 6 million, and rising...

That's more than ANY of Jay-Z and Nas albums, in comparison.
He can get hella big.. and he got the talent for it too.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2003, 06:09:53 PM by PhaŽoahe Jome »

Don Breezio

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2003, 06:54:07 PM »
You gotta be a Nas-groupie to think he's the King of N.Y.
Other than his solo-albums, what's really popping with him..

Ill Will Records ??
The Bravehearts ??

Lmao.. nothing really.

Jay-Z's empire in 50x times bigger.. Roc-a-fella, Roc-a-wear, movies, shoes, Cognac, etc... he got everything poppin off.. it's impossible to deny his empire.
One can discuss Nas vs. Jay-Z albums into eternity, but when it comes to running shit.. they don't get much bigger than Jigga.

Even Snoop Dogg is a small-time hustla compared to Jay-Z.. as he says himself:

I'm tryina build a Dynasty like Jigga, my nigga
Sixty seven-figure, you dig it ?

based on that i would agree jay-z is bigger...but i think jay-z is more quanity than quality...jay may have more but nas has better quality to his music. and jigga has had about as many movies as nas has. but yeah jigga's roster on the roc is much better than ill will (mop, twista, cam'ron, young gunz, etc...), i really didnt think about that jome...i'm going to say that jay is the king as far as having the most power, nas is the king in having the best quality shit.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2003, 09:44:15 PM »
jay-z

Don Breezio

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2003, 09:49:47 PM »
50 isnt shit compared to nas or jay-z credit wise...nas & jay have been doin it for years both lyrically and sales wise...compared to those 2 50 aint shit.

You are of course aware that Nas's debut sold 1 million, Jay's debut barely went platinum.... while 50's official debut currently is at 6 million, and rising...

That's more than ANY of Jay-Z and Nas albums, in comparison.
He can get hella big.. and he got the talent for it too.

thats why i said as far as sales and shit 50 is king...but 50s talent is nothing compared to nas or jay....50 has the talent to be as good as both...but he doesnt use it...so to me 50 wont be king until he can use his full potential and still sell that many albums...besides...debut albums never sell that much unless you're eminem (who sold so much cuz he's white...i hate to say it but its true) or 50 cent who had tremendous credit for being an underground rapper before he even signed to aftermath.