Author Topic: Europe Wilts As Punishing Heatwave Enters 2nd Week|London Hits 100f for 1st time  (Read 176 times)

Don Seer

Europe braced itself Sunday for more blistering temperatures as a heat wave suffocating large parts of the continent dragged into its second week, with thermometers in Britain reaching record highs. For the past week, temperatures across Europe have shot up daily into the uncomfortable mid and upper 30s Celsius, with several cities topping 40 degrees Celsius (104 Fahrenheit).

http://makeashorterlink.com/?E12B22C85

---------------------------------------------------------
London Temps Hit 100 for First Time

PARIS (AP) - Melting Alpine glaciers unleashed a cascade of rocks, London choked in a record 100-degree temperatures and with wildfires raging in seven countries, the pope urged people to pray for rain.

Europe sizzled this weekend, and there was no immediate relief in sight for much of the continent. The heat also broke a record in Germany.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20030810/D7SR73BG0.html
---------------------------------------------------------

This shit aint a joke!

« Last Edit: August 10, 2003, 03:31:41 PM by Overseer »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
that's on the daily over here in BAKERSfield

i think the hottest it's ever been here is like 117 or 16

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
Damn ive loved every minute of it !

Pity i gotta work thru it tho :(

Don Seer

:-\

rofl @ this

from http://news.independent.co.uk/europe/story.jsp?story=432477

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Heat threatens safety of nuclear reactors as France girds for electricity rationing

The French government is considering national electricity rationing after engineers warned that they can no longer guarantee the safety of the country's 58 nuclear power reactors because the heatwave is defeating efforts to cool them.

A crisis meeting this morning at the Prime Minister's office will be told that France - which depends more heavily on atomic energy than any other European country - faces the prospect of shutting down half its power grid.

etc etc... lol

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
:-\

rofl @ this

from http://news.independent.co.uk/europe/story.jsp?story=432477

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Heat threatens safety of nuclear reactors as France girds for electricity rationing

The French government is considering national electricity rationing after engineers warned that they can no longer guarantee the safety of the country's 58 nuclear power reactors because the heatwave is defeating efforts to cool them.

A crisis meeting this morning at the Prime Minister's office will be told that France - which depends more heavily on atomic energy than any other European country - faces the prospect of shutting down half its power grid.

etc etc... lol
gutted

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Trauma-san

Just more proof that the French are pussies.  It gets 98, and they die.   ::)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Just more proof that the French are pussies.  It gets 98, and they die.   ::)
thats no shit either it said on the news earlier funeral parlars have been turning away corpses and some hospitals r having trouble couping due to the heat

the french are now going to be using some of britians electricity which is a turn of the tables because we usually buy some off them problem is its goin to mean a rise in our bills due to reduced capacity

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
a little heat and people are in a crisis....The east coast has had a very cool and comfortable summer in the 80's and 70's..Im suprised because usually ever year its always in the 90s and 100's all summer.Especially last summer when it didnt rain once.But i still can't believe people ae making a huge deal out of this. New England has the worst weather patterns...Really cold in the winter and Really hot and HUMID in the summer

eS El Duque

my god. i feel sorry europe...but here in Canada (i live in BC)...we've been braking summer heat records for the last 2-3 years...it just keeps getting hotter and hotter and no rain in sight. In febuary it was freaking hot lol ;D