Author Topic: i hate it when people pronounce these words like this...  (Read 833 times)

UnstoppableForce

Re:i hate it when people pronounce these words like this...
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2003, 01:21:12 PM »
I hate it when reporters pronounce IRAN like I_RAN......WTF is that shit? It's E_RAN muthafucaz......

Pronounced like E-RON :)

Plus, that reminds me, I hate when new comers from the Middle East talk like diiiiesssss. LOL... they extend all their words just like Persians speak their farsi, they apply it to English....

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2003, 02:38:44 PM »
People from Sheffield pronounce 'right' as 'rate'

And Dr Dre and other west coast rappers pronounce 'route' as 'rout' instead of 'root'

i hate it also when people say 'root'  Rut

like my grandpa, he says can i get a RUTbeer with that

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Shin

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2003, 03:56:21 PM »

lmao...you're not getting it...thats my whole point...this thread was supposed to be kind of funny...not an english lesson. i dont care about the sapir-whorf hypothesis or american structuralism. the way other people speak has nothing to do with me. the fact is people say things like that generally because of an accent...no matter how technical you look at it...no matter how much you break it down with your hypothesis' and definitions and what not...in the end it all has to do with their accent.

ok i see you're not interested in that stuff.... so why do you even bother to respond?

Don Breezio

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2003, 04:03:48 PM »

lmao...you're not getting it...thats my whole point...this thread was supposed to be kind of funny...not an english lesson. i dont care about the sapir-whorf hypothesis or american structuralism. the way other people speak has nothing to do with me. the fact is people say things like that generally because of an accent...no matter how technical you look at it...no matter how much you break it down with your hypothesis' and definitions and what not...in the end it all has to do with their accent.

ok i see you're not interested in that stuff.... so why do you even bother to respond?

im just sayin no one needs a lesson in this shit.

i hate when ppl pronounce these:

ends-inz
this-dis
that-dat
eating-eatin'
beating-beatin' (basically anything like this with a country accent is annoying)

Shin

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2003, 04:11:31 PM »

who are you to say that "no one needs a lesson in this shit"?
you're not the only poster on this board.

Don Breezio

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2003, 04:17:44 PM »

who are you to say that "no one needs a lesson in this shit"?
you're not the only poster on this board.

oh stfu for once...jesus christ...you know if i didnt say it someone else would...do you honestly think anybody wants to sit there and read a big ass lesson about this shit? i sure as hell dont. the fact that you actually sat there and typed all that up and thought ppl would actually care baffles me and makes me laugh...this conversation is over now

Shin

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2003, 04:22:05 PM »
the fact that you actually sat there and typed all that up and thought ppl would actually care baffles me and makes me laugh...this conversation is over now

you're welcome. ignorance is a bliss. this board ain't what it used to be.

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2003, 04:26:59 PM »
STFU >:(

Don Breezio

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2003, 04:29:24 PM »
the fact that you actually sat there and typed all that up and thought ppl would actually care baffles me and makes me laugh...this conversation is over now

you're welcome. ignorance is a bliss. this board ain't what it used to be.

lmao...you give everyone a lesson their shit but lets see here...just out of what you just said im going to give you a little lesson...first off:

i never said thankyou...so saying you're welcome would be incorrect.

second of all:

ain't is not a correct term and therefore should be struck from you're vocabulary since you speak perfectly and know so much about grammar and phonetics.  ;D

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2003, 04:34:48 PM »
ain't is not a correct term and therefore should be struck from you're vocabulary

YOUR

Who says "ain't" is not a correct term? It is a contraction of "are not, is not, have not, has not". African Americans also started using it to replace "do not, does not, did not". The word was very commonly used in the 18th century, but today has become disapproved as nonstandard. All it means is that it's not as formal, and more commonly used in habitual speech. THIS IN NO WAY MEANS IT'S "NOT A CORRECT TERM".
« Last Edit: August 01, 2003, 04:40:55 PM by UnstoppableForce »

Shin

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2003, 04:35:08 PM »

lmao...you give everyone a lesson their shit but lets see here...just out of what you just said im going to give you a little lesson...first off:

second of all:

ain't is not a correct term and therefore should be struck from you're vocabulary since you speak perfectly and know so much about grammar and phonetics.  ;D

first off, i said you're welcome since my comments made you laugh. hence it makes sense. second, how is the word "ain't" incorrect?

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2003, 04:44:05 PM »
Check last post of page 2 8)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2003, 10:11:39 PM by UnstoppableForce »

Don Breezio

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2003, 09:53:54 PM »

second of all:

first off, i said you're welcome since my comments made you laugh. hence it makes sense. second, how is the word "ain't" incorrect?

it is incorrect grammar...you of all people should know this considering you are the all mighty teacher of phonetics and grammer  ::) anywayz...i say aint too...i was just being a smartass cuz you keep giving gay ass fucked up lessons.

Shin

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2003, 09:59:01 AM »

it is incorrect grammar...you of all people should know this considering you are the all mighty teacher of phonetics and grammer  ::) anywayz...i say aint too...i was just being a smartass cuz you keep giving gay ass fucked up lessons.

how is it "incorrect grammar"? elaborate. besides, did i ever say that i am the "mighty teacher of phonetics and grammar? dunno why but i guess you're just mad at me cuz i know more about that stuff than you.

·SiNiStEr·

• Tex
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • is this mic on?
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2003, 01:08:15 PM »
I juss hate it when niggaz say...

there = thur, or der

here = her

pair = pur

Itz annoyin kuz niggaz who wuz Born & raised in California say shiet lyke that kuz Nelly or whoever tha fukk do.

muthafucka chingy killed that shit a long time ago..

i dont really 'get pissed' about the way people say things but saying immature as 'im-ma-toore' is a lil weird..
:..WCC Cup Champion.. 
:..WCC Heavyweight Champion..           

Battle Record :    24-6

thats how we do..
.:-ELITE-:.    M-Dogg.. Rodzilla.. SiNiStEr.. VitoDeLuca.. Mack..  .:-ELITE-:. she wanted me to bust in her eye so she could watch my children..Fabolous