Author Topic: GERMANY-KOREA! Thoughts on the game  (Read 1523 times)

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
Re: GERMANY-KOREA! Thoughts on the game
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2002, 10:59:49 AM »

Why? I didnt follow it, dunno what happened. I just know Uruguay beaten them, that's all.

Australia don't qualify in the Asian tournament.  They qualify in the Australasian tournament with a bunch of joke countries.  They don't play Korea.  And the scandal is that this years winners don't automatically qualify, while Australia basically do.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Juice

« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2002, 11:31:43 AM »
while Australia basically do.

You mean for the last game against the 5th best of South America? Cause Australia didnt go to WC.

Btw i've heard that Asia asked 5 teams to be in the next World Cup. Personally i disagree. I totally disagree, and mine is not racism. I mean.. we risked Germany or England to be eliminated. Romania, Checz and Holland are at home...... that's bullshit! Why? To call teams like China, Costa Rica or Tunisia? Mmmmmm...

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2002, 01:01:09 PM »

To call teams like China, Costa Rica or Tunisia? Mmmmmm...

2 of the 3 concacaf teams made it to the next round.  Thats not bad.  

Juice

« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2002, 02:17:16 PM »

2 of the 3 concacaf teams made it to the next round.  Thats not bad.  

You right, but.. add Rep.Checz, Holland & Romania in this World Cup, and then ask yourself: "still 2 of the 3 concacaf teams in the 2nd round?".

Replace Tunisia with Holland, China with Romania, Saudi Arabia with Rep.Checz and Costa Rica with Jugoslavia. Still the same World Cup? Still non-favourites teams in the top8? I mean.. just cut 1 team from Africa, 1 from Middle-East, 1 from Asia and 1 from Concacaf. Try it. Or add 4 wild cards instead of those teams. Respect to Asia, Concacaf and all those other teams.. but.. do you all really think that Costa Rica, China etc.. deserved to be there? That's not "the best teams of the world", IMO. That's just "the most teams possible to promote soccer worldwide making money". It's different, and it's not so cool IMO.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2002, 05:18:30 PM »

You right, but.. add Rep.Checz, Holland & Romania in this World Cup, and then ask yourself: "still 2 of the 3 concacaf teams in the 2nd round?".

Replace Tunisia with Holland, China with Romania, Saudi Arabia with Rep.Checz and Costa Rica with Jugoslavia. Still the same World Cup? Still non-favourites teams in the top8? I mean.. just cut 1 team from Africa, 1 from Middle-East, 1 from Asia and 1 from Concacaf. Try it. Or add 4 wild cards instead of those teams. Respect to Asia, Concacaf and all those other teams.. but.. do you all really think that Costa Rica, China etc.. deserved to be there? That's not "the best teams of the world", IMO. That's just "the most teams possible to promote soccer worldwide making money". It's different, and it's not so cool IMO.

I agree with everything u said but Costa Rica deserved to go in there instead of the U.S.    They should take one away from Conmebol.  Brazil, Argentina, and let the other teams battle for the 3rd spot.  Especially now since South American countries are gettin weaker.  Mexico always gets at least to the semis in the Copa America. and Costa Rica got to the semis , in the last one.  Honduras got to the semis too. 3 of the top 4 teams in this recent Copa America were from the Concacaf, crazy huh  ;D

KVB

« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2002, 09:44:02 PM »

Ok, he scored agains Saudi Arabia and South Africa in '98.  Big fucking deal.  Who started up front for the final, who was France's first choice striker?  And where does this bullshit injury prone van Nistelrooy stuff come from?  He's had one major injury, but who was injured more last season, Henry or Ruud?  "He's miles better than van Nistelrooy" .  Come off it.  In Arsenal's greatest ever season he couldn't score as many goals as Ruud, even though they played almost the same amount of games.  Henry scored one more in the league but van Nistelrooy ripped the Champions League to pieces.  And overall he scored more and we only played twice in the FA Cup.  And Henry's bottle goes at the top level.  Vital penalty against Juventus.  MISS.  Watch out next season when you go crap and you want be seeing the net bulge many times after Henry gets the ball.  

I don't know what your saying about Wreh, you've proved Wenger makes bullshit signings more than good ones.  Oh and lol at you acclaiming Wenger has "the Golden eye" about Inamoto and then Wenger letting him go lol.

Oh and you might not be laughing at Birmingham City after your first game.

Theirry Henry stats:
(Arsenal FC)
                              Appearances   Goals

Season 1999/2000            47              30
Season 2000/2001            60              24
Season 2001/2002            57              31
Total                             164             85                              

Need I say more... that is more than one goal in every other game. I doubt Ruud van Nistelrooy can come close to touching that record after three seasons at Man. Utd.

Oh and about Wreh... I know he is a bad player, I was joking, LOL, I just found it funny that he scored against your first team, with a dodgy solo raid into the box and a sloppy finish, but it still went past Schmeichel. ;)

About Inamoto, yes letting him go was a mistake. I can't understand why Wenger choosed to do that. Well well, I won't complain, he is one of the world's best football managers.

Laughing at Birmingham City after our first game... are next season's fixtures in already?

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2002, 01:26:35 AM »
Yep

We've both got promoted teams at home on the first day

You've got Birmingham and we've got West Brom

Joachim

« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2002, 04:58:12 AM »

First of all he didn't prove himself as Stephane Guivarch's (LMAO,LMAO) deputy at France 98.  

Euro 2000 - yeah he pulled in a fairly decent tally of three goals vs Denmark, Czech Republic and Portugal.  

But I would argue (and Terry Vanables agrees with me lol) that the Champions League is a higher level than the World Cup.  Sure billions watch the World Cup, that's why you have to play in it to be considered an all time great, but the top level of the Champions League (Second Group Stage onwards) is far harder than the World Cup.

South Korea vs Arsenal (lol), Real Madrid vs Germany (lololol) etc.

Most sane people would agree.  That's why you can have players like Davor Suker, Oleg Salenko, the Golden Boots of the last two World Cups, score bucketloads in the World Cup but never make an impact at Europe's top level.

So I would say the Champs League is better quality wise than the World Cup.

And I don't have to remind you who last seasons top scorer in the Champions League was do I?

Didnt van Nistelrooy score 10 in europe last season? and Henry scored 7, plus Man United played 4 more games in europe then Arsenal, this supposedly proves Van Nistelrooy a better striker? Despite their respectve strike rates?

Hmm, i find your logic flawed, also during the 98 world cup, Henry was playing as a winger (this was also his position at Juve), with Dugarry as understudy striker to Guivarch, so again you comparing his goal tally to that of a striker at France 98 is worthless.

min0rity

« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2002, 12:45:53 PM »
how the fuck was germany-korea game boring??? bullshit..the game was 0-0 until the 75th fucking minute bwhahaha you call that boring?? games like this where you can't really predict just yet are the best soccer games

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2002, 01:08:19 PM »
It weren't boring