Author Topic: Greatest Rapper Of All Time is...  (Read 847 times)

abstruse

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re:Greatest Rapper Of All Time is...
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2003, 12:44:34 AM »
Heres my top 10 kiddos.

1. Rakim
2. KRS-One
3. Ice Cube
4. Nas
5. Chuck D
6. Biggie
7. LL Cool J
8. Jay-Z
9. Guru
10. Common

For the people who are quick to jump out with 2pac, I like his music, he's in my Top 5 Favorites of all time, I just dont think he was a better Rapper/Emcee then any of these guys above.

VDK REPPIN!

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2003, 01:22:41 AM »
2pac Imo

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2003, 03:38:05 AM »
Top 5:

1.Snoop(Doggy)Dogg
2.Biggie
3.2pac
4.Ice Cube
5.Jay-Z

you dumb groupie

you know what man, i'm sorry i hurt you by sayin the people i did but hey we all have different opinions so jsut shut the fuck up and let people speak u dumb fuck. Your the one who started this thread and you must've known people were gonna have different opinions than you so theres no point in fucken crying over it.

T.J.

• Wanksta
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my deck
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2003, 05:02:42 AM »
right now i say Canibus, but when Last Emperor's album drops and when Chino's album drops that could change.

kick ass album

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2003, 07:10:01 AM »
g rap. i'm not saying it cause hes my favorite(like most of the other people in this topic) and i can actually give you reasons as to why hes the greatest. 8)
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

mauzip

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2003, 09:49:03 AM »
g rap. i'm not saying it cause hes my favorite(like most of the other people in this topic) and i can actually give you reasons as to why hes the greatest. 8)

why? :P

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2003, 10:14:51 AM »
Lately I've been feeling more and more that Ice Cube is the one... At least for me.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2003, 11:30:28 AM »
1. Rakim
2. KRS-One
3. Nas
4. Big Daddy Kane
5. Notorious B.I.G.
6. Kool G Rap
7. Slick Rick
8. Scarface
9. Ice Cube
10. 2Pac

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2003, 11:47:45 AM »

why? :P
he perfected multis which basically every mc uses nowadays but none of them are fucking with g rap..pun was the only one close and well hes dead...

he came up with the thug/mafioso style and it influenced many  rappers like mobb deep.

i believe he was the only mc from the 80's to make it onto the billboard top 10. its even more suprising since he didn't have to switch up his style.

he was one of the first rappers to have production from another coast.

easily top 3 in lyricism(just peep how advanced poison was for its time) and storytelling(on the run, thugs love story)

he has outshined other rappers who are proclaimed the greatest by others(nas, canibus, freddie foxxx etc) fuck it just listen to the symphony where he goes through the rest juice crew.
"shitting on niggas like kool g rap did all the cats in the first symphony"

hes versatile with tracks like erase racism, talk like sex, ill street blues, road to the riches etc

good enough? 8)

I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

eS El Duque

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2003, 12:23:10 PM »
i started to listen to hip-hop around 1999-2000 (yea before the greats  :P)

becuase i've only listen to hip-hop for 3-4 years, i havn't listen to much rap music from the early 90's..except for dre's cronic and snoops album

1) DMX
2) Jay-z
3) eminem
4) nas
5) BiG Pun
6) snoop
7) Xzibit
8) Lloyd Banks (i got a lot of his freestyles  ;D)
9) lil rob
10) Can-i-bus or 50 cent

not as good as most lists i see..but good enough for me  8)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2003, 12:24:21 PM by eS El Duque »

Don Breezio

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2003, 12:26:42 PM »

becuase i've only listen to hip-hop for 3-4 years, i havn't listen to much rap music from the early 90's..except for dre's cronic and snoops album

1) DMX
2) Jay-z
3) eminem
4) nas
5) BiG Pun
6) snoop
7) Xzibit
9) lil rob
10) Can-i-bus or 50 cent

you gotta peep the old shit homie...theres so many artists better than them...but considering most of those are after 99 or so its not a bad list...

eS El Duque

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2003, 12:34:50 PM »

1) DMX
2) Jay-z
3) eminem
4) nas
5) BiG Pun
6) snoop
7) Xzibit
9) lil rob
10) Can-i-bus or 50 cent

you gotta peep the old shit homie...theres so many artists better than them...but considering most of those are after 99 or so its not a bad list...

yea...i've listen to some rakim..cube...nwa...krs-one..kool g. rap..biggy...2pac..and a lot of other old rappers...i just havn't heard enough of these guys to like them alot...if you got sugggestions for some albums i should download (or buy)...msg me

Don Breezio

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2003, 12:42:34 PM »
yea...i've listen to some rakim..cube...nwa...krs-one..kool g. rap..biggy...2pac..and a lot of other old rappers...i just havn't heard enough of these guys to like them alot...if you got sugggestions for some albums i should download (or buy)...msg me

any Eric B & Rakim or Solo Rakim,
Kool G Rap...since you're knew to it start with his greatest hits cd,
2pac - makaveli, me against the world...
biggie - ready to die, life after death...
Nas - Illmatic, It Was Written,
Slick Rick - The Great Adventures,
Common - One Day It'll All Make Sense,
Gangstarr - check any Gangstarr or solo Guru...all of its dope
The Fugees - The Score (or Greatest hits is dope too)

eS El Duque

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2003, 12:52:43 PM »
thanks..i'll make sure to get those albums  8)

i have all of nas's albums...check my top 10..he's on there    :D
« Last Edit: August 06, 2003, 12:53:13 PM by eS El Duque »

Don Breezio

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2003, 01:00:37 PM »
thanks..i'll make sure to get those albums  8)

i have all of nas's albums...check my top 10..he's on there    :D

np...also check out some underground shit like atmosphere, heiroglyphics, non phixion, sage francis, el-p, del the funky homosapien (from heiroglyphics), Buck 65 (download Bachelor of Science...that song is dope)