Author Topic: NBA Live 2003 Will Have Online Play....  (Read 431 times)

Big BpG

NBA Live 2003 Will Have Online Play....
« on: July 17, 2002, 10:01:43 PM »
Ok Ok Ok.... a lot of people here know of the popular NBA Live series by EA Sports... for the last few years, they've lacked on this series as this basketball game seems to keep getting worse, but this year, things could change as many early testers have played the game and say it has a totally new "feel" to it... the gameplay they say is no longer like the  old versions... completely new and in a very good way, but what is even better is that..... the PS2 version of this series is going to be online.... if EA can put it all together, then this game could be real good... I'm still a skeptic though, as I believe NBA 2k2 will bust another nut out on their series... and will probably be online too, but Live is definetly going to be online...  only for ps2 though...

-Big BpG
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Big BpG

Re: NBA Live 2003 Will Have Online Play....
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2002, 10:14:02 PM »
Here's an interview about the new series...o btw,  jason kidd graces the cover of this years  game...

EA SPORTS: What are some of the major differences and upgrades between 2003 and last year’s version?

GARY: More than anyone can possibly imagine. When we finished last year's version, we had already compiled a huge list of things that we wanted to do for 2003. On top of that, we looked at all of the feedback that the consumers and media had relating to Live 2002. Thankfully, our list pretty closely matched the consumers' wish list. So the things that the people told us they wanted fixed were a top priority.

We re-wrote the Rebounding and Fastbreak code and focused a large amount of our development time on making our game reflect the speed and power of the NBA. We also replaced a significant portion of the in-game animations and dedicated a lot of time and effort into our animation system. Of course, that's not all. There are also a bunch of cool features that you'll be hearing about in the near future. The goal for us was not to put out an upgraded or enhanced version of NBA Live -- we wanted to make a game that played, looked, and felt like no other version of NBA Live. I honestly believe that the consumer will love the new Live.

EA SPORTS: How will the Franchise mode work? Is there a draft?

GARY: Franchise mode allows the user to play the role of an NBA General Manager. You can guide one or more teams through multiple seasons and build your team the way you see fit. If you want to go with an all-veteran squad and try to win a championship, you can make trades and try to stock up your team. If you want to go with the youth movement like the Clippers (who I happen to love), you can trade away your pricey veterans for some young potential superstars like Desmond Mason or Darius Miles. It's a pretty deep game mode and NBA fans will get a lot of playing time going through their seasons.

And yes, there's going to be a draft feature in this year's Live. It's like a fantasy draft in that every player in the NBA becomes a potential draft pick. There are some pretty scary teams that can be assembled using this feature. Imagine Shaq playing with Jason Kidd! If you play your draft right, you just may be able to do that.

EA SPORTS: Is the complicated NBA salary cap integrated into trades in Dynasty mode?

GARY: We do, in fact, have a salary cap in the Franchise Mode, and trades are affected by a player's salary. You have to adhere to the cap, so if you're trying to trade away a player who's making the league minimum for a guy like Kevin Garnett and his large salary, you'd better make sure you've got enough cap room or the trade won't happen.

EA SPORTS: How many old-school teams and uniforms are there?

GARY: The decade All-Star teams are back with some new players as well as new uniforms. There will be a team for the '50s, '60s, '70s, '80s, and '90s.

Every one of the 29 NBA teams will have a set of old school uniforms to play in. With the recent explosion in the popularity of vintage jersey and being a fan of old school jerseys myself, this was one feature that we had to include in Live 2003. I can't say which era of jerseys we're including but it's something that we know people will appreciate and use a lot. But I'll give you a hint: Alex English.

EA SPORTS: What role do the coaches have in NBA Live 2003?

GARY: This is the first year that we've included the official NBA coaches in Live and it's something we're all very excited about. They're going to appear on the sidelines and in the Out of Play Sequences, and their role is largely to add emotion and ambience to the overall game experience. When they need to give the players a good talking to, they'll do it. When they need to spur their team on and motivate them, they'll do that. On top of that, they're going to let the referees know when they don't agree with a call. But they'll need to be careful or they run the risk of getting the T.

EA SPORTS: Has defensive gameplay been changed at all?

GARY: The defensive side of gameplay has undergone almost as many changes as the rest of the gameplay. We realized that most basketball games tend to focus less on the defensive side of things and have emphasized offense. This makes some sense since people love to score. What we wanted to do with Live is make defense as much fun to play as offense. Think about it: you're on defense half of the time. It's half the game. If playing defense sucks, half of the game experience sucks.

We've re-written large chunks of the defensive AI code and have replaced most of the animations. In addition, we've added some really cool new features to give the defenders as many tools to defend with as the offensive player has to score with. We've also added in the Zone Defense. It's going to be a proper zone D that is allowed in the NBA, not an NCAA zone system just slapped into the game.

On top of that, the Shot Blocking system has been re-written. Blocks are not only more effective but the blocks themselves are going much more dynamic. We're talking about swatting a shot into the crowd, slapping one off the backboard, and more.

EA SPORTS: Are there any other hidden goodies or tricks that you can give us some hints about?

GARY: I'm not at liberty to divulge that information at this point. I've probably said enough already... if they catch me, I'll be in serious trouble. This information isn't going public, is it?

EA SPORTS: No. Anything else you’d like to add about NBA Live 2003?

GARY: You're really going to have to pick it up and play it to really appreciate how much we've added to and improved upon previous versions of Live. This is not an upgrade -- this is a whole new Live!

From '93 to '05

Instant_Killa

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2002, 10:19:17 PM »
sounds good to me

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2002, 10:22:01 PM »
Until the 2k series starts slippin, Live won't be in my collection. EA really dropped the ball after 96. Plus, 2k3 is supposedly gonna be online for all systems.

Sub-Z

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2002, 12:37:04 AM »
nba live lmao,i wish that piece of trash game woudlnt come out for xbox this year,same for the rest of ea sports games (except the NCAA football)

BossPlaya

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Much Luv2 lil Villian N NINO Tha Mack OCSA 4 LIFE
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2002, 11:52:21 AM »
imm a smoke all you foos in this game

"i putz it down homie for tha BIG S.A 714 till i hit my grave O.C muthafucka till i reach tha top n even then foo i  just wont stop with my gangsta flows or my  gangsta mentality straight takin out all u muthafuckin WANNABES who pussied out cuz in tha city of Santa Ana we aint no nagels puro crazy pimps crazy gangb

Sub-Z

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2002, 02:32:13 PM »
^^lmao youll be the only one playing it

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2002, 03:55:21 PM »
^^lmao youll be the only one playing it

lol

truemaster

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • EL Mas Chingon!!!!
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2002, 07:46:37 PM »
nba live lmao,i wish that piece of trash game woudlnt come out for xbox this year,same for the rest of ea sports games (except the NCAA football)

Hahahaha, this shit is trash!! Live can't fuck with Inside Drive nor 2K2, shit is comedy that online play will make this game any good. XBOX Live, thats the real deal right there!!

"But If You Say Cali Aint Shit, You probably Visited The Valley Little Bitch!"

Big BpG

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2002, 09:38:04 PM »
You guys must not read well.... NBA Live gotta Make-Over! It's not like it used to be, of course we will have to see how it turns out, but I've seen the trailers for the game and WOW... you could see the changes on screen, awesome, im anticipating... besides, NBA 2k2 is too slow... live  was always faster, but too repetitive

-Big BpG

From '93 to '05

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2002, 10:28:26 PM »
Live gets a "Makeover" every year. I'm not hatin, I always rent both Live, and the 2k games before I buy, but EA has put out straight ass for basketball games the last 5 years.

Sub-Z

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2002, 05:20:31 AM »
live didnt get a "makeover" it still looks like shit,itll still play like shit,ea sports never does much of anything to their games year to year

Big BpG

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2002, 06:24:46 AM »
You're wrong there Sub-Z.... every year the add some stuff to the game, this year, they went hardcore, they changed most of their coding for the whole game and it's looking a lot sharper

-Big BpG

From '93 to '05

Sub-Z

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2002, 07:59:40 AM »
lmao,whatever you say bpg,they never add anything major,a little thing here and their,ea sports is lazy as fuck,the game looks like pure shit,itll still be arcadey and unrealistic,i can gurantee it........all ea can do right is football,and even those games are the same every year

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2002, 08:50:58 AM »
2k3 will be better anyway.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris