Author Topic: W32.Blaster/Lovscan (internet worm.. fix inside)  (Read 880 times)

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
Re:W32.Blaster/Lovscan (internet worm.. fix inside)
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2003, 03:45:12 AM »
Damn ill have to try this...ive had no choice on several occasions about my pc shutting down for no reason

:(

Thanks guys

Noon Bank$

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bankin' It
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2003, 08:49:53 AM »
I read on ceefax you don't need to instal it when you got a firewall. :-\

Im running a firewall (Norton) and I'm also runing NTFS.
I went to that windows update site that Seer linked us too and it said that only had to update 11 things--and I dont think any of them had anything to do with this virus.

elneckio

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2003, 12:06:23 PM »
weird.. well i'm behind a adsl network router.. wonder if that counts...(maybe since i didnt get it) also runing NTFS (since i need huge partitions ;))

'NAT' should have saved your bacon as it will have only opened the ports you asked to use.  If you want to be doubly sure get your router to foward the ports this exploit uses to nowhere.  

from neowin.net :
"User's should block access to TCP port 4444 at the firewall level. User's should also block the following ports, if they do not use applicaitons listed:

TCP Port 135, "DCOM RPC"
UDP Port 69, "TFTP""

also if you visit grc.com with this link : https://grc.com/x/portprobe=135, his site will 'probe' (ooo-er!) the port the virus uses to enter your system, you can also test the 4444 port using https://grc.com/x/portprobe=4444.  'Stealthed' is the best result but 'closed' will do, if it says open then make sure you get patched quick.  It's worth patching anyway just in case you reconfigure the firewall and forget it at anypoint in the future.  btw windowsupdate site is at a halt right now !
« Last Edit: August 13, 2003, 12:09:39 PM by elneckio »
"just do what he says.. i find to my expense he's always right." ... Overseer 24/04/02

Don Seer

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2003, 12:51:44 PM »
yeah i found that info out after this..

tries probes...

135 - stealthed
4444 - stealthed
69 - closed

so i'm clean ;)

The Watcher

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2003, 07:29:58 PM »
Nimda & Code Red were worse than this, but this virus has the potential to be big if people dont stop it quickly.

cant be bothered going into the technical side of things on how it works, but if you use a ADSL firewall/router, it depends on how its all setup, so you probably will need to install the patch. Norton is easy enough to get around, I wouldn't really trust it, just keep your virus patterns updated
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

T.J.

• Wanksta
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my deck
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2003, 01:12:48 AM »
just got rid of that virus..... props to 'seer for linking us to the virus fixer-upperer  ;D

kick ass album

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2003, 02:07:08 AM »
If you don't have the worm yet but you want to protect your PC against it, what link do I have to check? The first or the second?

Thx

T.J.

• Wanksta
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my deck
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2003, 02:50:52 AM »
i dont think u can really prevent it..... from what i heard......

kick ass album

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2003, 03:39:54 AM »
Hmm didnt seem to do anything for me :(

turned off autobackup...i ran the prog...rebooted n tried to run it again as advised....

but after running it comes up with fix...caused an error and will have to close and there is nothing in the .txt document that the fix creates...

i hate winxp sometimes

on a bright note..my pc hasnt come up with that problem for a week now lol ('s gonna crash today now i know it ;) )

40oz GRApHire

• Funk Doctor
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PS: I'm still a Buddhist :)
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2003, 09:13:06 AM »
Ive had it before this topic appeared, some message came up about my PC was going to shut down in 60 Seconds so I installed a patch against it from a dutch forum within those 60 Seconds :D hehe I beated the virus, I had like 3 seconds left...
40oz Graphire

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2003, 09:39:12 AM »
Ive had it before this topic appeared, some message came up about my PC was going to shut down in 60 Seconds so I installed a patch against it from a dutch forum within those 60 Seconds :D hehe I beated the virus, I had like 3 seconds left...

can you sen me this please ?

i only had it happen twice...mon 2 weeks ago and thurs 2 weeks ago...nothing since..but ya never know  ???

pe@ce

bez

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2003, 01:03:00 PM »
I am on Win 98 so I am ok aint I???

It said on the microsoft page that it only affects Windows NT, 2000 and Xp, so I am alrite aren't I???

40oz GRApHire

• Funk Doctor
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PS: I'm still a Buddhist :)
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2003, 01:28:02 PM »
Yes, this wont effect your system.
40oz Graphire

Jome

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2003, 04:42:10 PM »
I am on Win 98 so I am ok aint I???

It said on the microsoft page that it only affects Windows NT, 2000 and Xp, so I am alrite aren't I???

Yes, it only affects these systems:

* Windows Server 2003 (All Versions)
    * Windows XP (All Versions)
    * Windows 2000 (All Versions)
    * Windows NT 4.0 (All Versions)

And to those who have the virus and have installed the patch, you need to get rid of the actual virus, as it overruns the patch.
Doing this can be done in safe-mode.. or by updating your anti-virus, and then run a virus-check on the C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder only.. that's the location if you run Win Xp.. dont do a full scan, cuz the machine will do the countdown before the scan it through.

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2003, 05:20:29 PM »
is it impossible to get the virus if u running Windows ME ?
cuz I got a program without any description which is constantly askin the firewall for permission to access the internet.. it won't stop when I check "remember this answer the next time I use this program" (I always klick 'No').. When I klick on "more info" there's just an error on the upcoming page..