Author Topic: Pepsi and Cola companies Face Trouble  (Read 287 times)

Eidolon_Ravi

Pepsi and Cola companies Face Trouble
« on: August 13, 2003, 09:08:30 AM »
   Last week, an Indian environmental watchdog alleged that some Coca-Cola and Pepsi drinks sold in the country contained more than the prescribed limit of toxic pesticides. The publication of the CSE report led to strong reactions across the country.
   The Indian parliament banned its cafeterias from serving Pepsi and Coke while the defence ministry issued a circular ordering all its clubs to stop selling the drinks.
   The row over the products began on Tuesday when the CSE said it had tested samples from the two leading cola brands and found four toxic chemicals: lindane, DDT, malathion and chlorpyrifos   An Indian court has ordered samples of Pepsi to be tested after the soft drinks giant challenged accusations that its beverages contained pesticide.
   Pepsi and its rival Coca-Cola are contesting bans on their products which have arisen following a watchdog report alleging they contain toxic chemicals.
  Both firms strenuously deny that their products contain more than the prescribed limit of pesticides.

The Delhi High Court on Monday ordered the Indian Government to test Pepsi samples in its laboratories and report its findings in three weeks.
   The ruling followed an appeal by Pepsi's Indian arm, seeking an "independent evaluation" of the allegations levelled against it by the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE). Coca-cola has lodged a similar petition in the Bombay High Court. The Indian health ministry has already ordered independent tests - a move which has been welcomed by the two companies.

·SiNiStEr·

• Tex
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • is this mic on?
Re:Pepsi and Cola companies Face Trouble
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2003, 03:31:02 PM »
damn..

i was hopin they would go old school on that shit and toss a lil cocaine in there.. shucks
:..WCC Cup Champion.. 
:..WCC Heavyweight Champion..           

Battle Record :    24-6

thats how we do..
.:-ELITE-:.    M-Dogg.. Rodzilla.. SiNiStEr.. VitoDeLuca.. Mack..  .:-ELITE-:. she wanted me to bust in her eye so she could watch my children..Fabolous

eS El Duque

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2003, 05:10:42 PM »
i was hopin they would go old school on that shit and toss a lil cocaine in there.. shucks

LOL ;D...i wonder how that would taste

T.J.

• Wanksta
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my deck
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2003, 01:14:15 AM »

LOL ;D...i wonder how that would taste

try it!  ;D

kick ass album

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2003, 04:30:59 AM »
damn..

haha well dont think they can do that anymore...but no wonder it was orig sold as an ailment cure lol peoples too off their faces to fee unwell anymore ;)

JTSimon

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2003, 08:17:16 AM »
WTF is toxic pesticides doing in Pepsi/Cola...lol I guess you guys ignored the main issue ;D

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2003, 08:21:48 AM »
There's probably toxic pesticides in most of what we consume now...

...gm isnt even always tagged as gm...farmers / producers recieving bungs etc

Just the level of toxicity in this case thats is being argued.  ;D

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2003, 08:24:41 AM »

i thought individual regions franchised out the production of cola? therefore the regional manufacturer should be responsible? unless it has to be imported over there?

JTSimon

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2003, 08:27:11 AM »
There's probably toxic pesticides in most of what we consume now...

...gm isnt even always tagged as gm...farmers / producers recieving bungs etc

Just the level of toxicity in this case thats is being argued.  ;D

Inside the can or on the can  ;D Soda is sealed why do you need toxic pesticides.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2003, 08:27:28 AM by Max Powers »

Eidolon_Ravi

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2003, 08:57:07 AM »
i thought individual regions franchised out the production of cola? therefore the regional manufacturer should be responsible? unless it has to be imported over there?

Ur absolutely rite... the regional manufacturing company has been held responsible for this...

Almost all the local schools, institutions and restaurants have banned the selling of Pepsi and Cola..
  Also manufactureres have taken advantage of the poverty of local farmers and sold the sludge high in cadmium and lead content as fertilizers @ cheap rates..

Seems a big scandal is going to emerge out of the whole situation.. even the ADs of pepsi and Cola have been banned from being screened in India..

one thing is for sure... the Companies are in for a hard time.. the whole issue had become a legal minefield.. now if the presence of Toxic agents is proved then its just a matter of time  a thousand lawsuits may open up against these companies...
 Any way there image has already recieved a severe beating...

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2003, 04:04:07 AM »
Inside the can or on the can  ;D Soda is sealed why do you need toxic pesticides.
Duude...you just dont make any sense with that retort ?

ah well

Al Pacino JR

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2003, 01:56:37 PM »

I think that the cant do better, they even sold a lot!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2003, 02:00:16 PM by Al Pacino JR »