Author Topic: ~:: ·SiNiStEr· ~vS~ Maestro ::~ Heavyweight Challenge!!!  (Read 1312 times)

Jimmy Cash

• 'G'
  • Jimbo C. on the scene
Re:~:: ·SiNiStEr· ~vS~ Maestro ::~ Heavyweight Challenge!!!
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2003, 07:38:25 PM »
damn, this is what a hevyweight battle should be

i-bo - came dope as usal, tight all around, that lyrical part was sick, altho i didn't like layout

sin - imo sin had what it took to win. he came with a stright battle verse that had much harder personal punches then i-bo, also had a better multis

vote - sinister

cool

show me sinisters "better personals", not intending to start a beef, but as far as i can see, he didnt have many personals at all

i mean... i can stand loosing a match, but the causes that have been given here, it just pisses me off

im too complex
im using greek words (even though lyrical hiphop basicly is based on latin and greek words, such as syllables, metaphors etc)
i have bad flow (WTF??)
i have bad personals (even though sin had like 1 of them)
i have a bad layout (WTF??)
Sin had better personals (2xWTF??)

^^all that sounds like BULLSHIT... i just had to say that, im not the only one to think that

keep the vote(s) coming (even though its predictable were this battle is going)

god damn, you always bitch...

~I-aint-seein-how you challenge me, I talked to overseer, my-cleavin's-allowed, U decomposin already, all I wanna hear from you is bye-Im-leavin-now//
~How you gonna bash USA when in Sweden all I gotta do is leech-fah-evidence, advance and beseech-ya-regiments, endin makin attempts to besiege-ya-president//

~I-bo's skillz bein put to tha test but itz on the rocks like drivin on swedish-roads, this swede-iz-old, 50+ battles you'd think a lead-was-known//
~End up in a hospital, I guess I blazed-ya-right, ya pissed off cuz I would grant Tone visitation-rights, Im hearin shouts from the body cast, Sin! Let him in! I gotta see my asian-tonight!//

~Push ya throne-back-tah-jersey, the 2nd exhibition of Cloud 9 ownage, Tones-attack-irks-me, even then I wont-lack-tha-mercy to laugh and watch you get thrown-back like mah-jersey//

sin also had harder punches

Reservation, Bitch!!!

NewJack

• 'G'
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2003, 07:41:31 PM »
So, then in my mind, Sin had 0 personals. Sorry, I'm kinda new to this, so I wanna be sure, my vote still stands, and also sorry for having all this crap in the thread, but I'm agreeing with you here.

Just so ya kno, here's a quick evaluation of how I judge:

Punches are just lines that insult the other person. Could be used in any battle, not specific.
Personals are punches that could only be used against a particular person.
Wordplay is how you use vocabulary and interior rhymes(rhymes within a bar) in your verse.
Multis are multi-syllable rhymes.
Flow is how the verse flows.

Punches and personals are the key points to which I judge a match, because if you don't have any hard ones, then why should you win? This is a battle, not a poetry competition. How you incorporate Wordplay, Multis, and Flow into the verse is secondary, but still important.

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2003, 07:42:34 PM »
damn, this is what a hevyweight battle should be

i-bo - came dope as usal, tight all around, that lyrical part was sick, altho i didn't like layout

sin - imo sin had what it took to win. he came with a stright battle verse that had much harder personal punches then i-bo, also had a better multis

vote - sinister

cool

show me sinisters "better personals", not intending to start a beef, but as far as i can see, he didnt have many personals at all

i mean... i can stand loosing a match, but the causes that have been given here, it just pisses me off

im too complex
im using greek words (even though lyrical hiphop basicly is based on latin and greek words, such as syllables, metaphors etc)
i have bad flow (WTF??)
i have bad personals (even though sin had like 1 of them)
i have a bad layout (WTF??)
Sin had better personals (2xWTF??)

^^all that sounds like BULLSHIT... i just had to say that, im not the only one to think that

keep the vote(s) coming (even though its predictable were this battle is going)

~I-aint-seein-how you challenge me, I talked to overseer, my-cleavin's-allowed, U decomposin already, all I wanna hear from you is bye-Im-leavin-now//
~How you gonna bash USA when in Sweden all I gotta do is leech-fah-evidence, advance and beseech-ya-regiments, endin makin attempts to besiege-ya-president//

~I-bo's skillz bein put to tha test but itz on the rocks like drivin on swedish-roads, this swede-iz-old, 50+ battles you'd think a lead-was-known//
~End up in a hospital, I guess I blazed-ya-right, ya pissed off cuz I would grant Tone visitation-rights, Im hearin shouts from the body cast, Sin! Let him in! I gotta see my asian-tonight!//

~Push ya throne-back-tah-jersey, the 2nd exhibition of Cloud 9 ownage, Tones-attack-irks-me, even then I wont-lack-tha-mercy to laugh and watch you get thrown-back like mah-jersey//

sin also had harder punches

you dont seem to know the definition of a personal, there were only one personal among the quotes...

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2003, 07:54:47 PM »
I am feeling I-bos verse a lil more. It is a very close battle tho...it was hard to make a decision..It took me a while to make one but i am not gonna type out the whole thing...but Ibo got this.

ONETIME

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2003, 07:56:38 PM »

hez not bitching, hez a vet, he knows wht hes doing talking bout, and u need to respect other ppl. here

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2003, 10:47:37 PM »
"drop a vote for ya homie?"

yeah aight

ONETIME

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2003, 10:55:41 PM »
6-4, hot battle.................keep em votes comin

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2003, 11:11:53 PM »
hmmm, looks like alot of fishy shit is goin down behind da scenes eh?

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

maximus

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2003, 12:57:27 AM »
i know the personals sin... but they aint hittin him num sayin? u aint touchin him wit em u gotta re-word em n hit him hard... like not diss him coz hes from sweden diss him bout sumthin in sweden daz fucked up ..

~1~
one man one mission

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2003, 02:47:37 AM »
ok i'm gonna vote now...

both of u came tight....but there can be one winner.

Sinister:

u came dope,the flow in sum parts was great in others it wasn't .ur bars weren't equal in lengh(?),and sum of ur multis weren't multis:
"encountering-kryptonite, ya think ya rhymes are phat but in reality they just ammounting-cellulite//"

"encountering-kryptonite"  and   "ammounting-cellulite"

aren't real multis.

i know it seems i'm only pointing out the negative but i really liked ur verse.

Maestro:

u came dope too.i hated ur verse at first because of the greek words and greek mythology (i always had to referr to the explanations),but then i reread it (this time i knew what the greek stuff meant) and found it dope..

some of ur multis weren't real:

"extracting-his-spine" and"inflicting-these-crimes" may have the same number of syllables but only 2 syllables rhyme.
the flow was decent.

so in closing,u both were tight,but both were kinda weak in the multis area,the personals were ok...so here are ur scores

Sinister:4/5
Maestro:4.25/5

WINNER:MAESTRO

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2003, 02:49:39 AM »
6-5

Sinister still leading

ONETIME

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2003, 01:39:39 PM »
this battle iz blazin.......1 of the best of the new ones ive seen so far on WCC.............

6-5 * Sinister is leading.

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2003, 02:03:24 PM »
aiight, good battle yall...

Maestro, real good shit. Very good multies, good punches. The flow was pretty good also. A few good personals. Wordplay and Metas also on point. Vocab was tight. Overall, very good verse man.

Sinister, yur shit was off tha chain also. More attacking kinda. But u did have less personals. Good metas and wordplay. Pretty good punches. Maestro had tha better flow tho and i think he got u on tha vocab side. Good shit tho fah sho.

I usually grade shit more on tha side of Punches, Personals, Multies (proper use of them)...but heres everything...

Punches-Sinister
Personals-Maestro
Flow-Maestro
Vocab-Maestro
Metas-Draw
Wordplay-Draw
Multies-Maestro

this shit was very close actually, cus each category was close....but i think Maestro pulled it off, wit tha better contructed multies, and better personals and vocab. Good shit tho frum both.

vote-Maestro

peace

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2003, 02:33:14 PM »
First off, I 'd like to congratulate u both for an extremely dope battle. I haven't checked this section for ages and I wasn't really expecting such high quality battling. This is how I would break the battle down:

Flow - I-Bo
Language - Sinister
Punches - Sinister
Personals - I-Bo
Metaphors - Tie
Multis - I-Bo

I have to say it was really hard for me to make a decision on this.

But my vote has to go to I-Bo (Maestro)

ONETIME

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2003, 02:35:15 PM »
*DRUM ROLLS*

the new heavyweight champion is .................I-BO aka Maestro.

Congratulations to you both for a tite battle and Congratulations to I-BO for winning the Heavyweight title.