Author Topic: What are your top 10 favorite sport moments  (Read 603 times)

HBKid_Jr

What are your top 10 favorite sport moments
« on: July 01, 2002, 09:52:28 PM »
1.  Mets makin it 2 tha world series in 2000.  Jim edmonds flyin out for tha final out.  I'll never forget timo perez jumping up an down b4 catchin tha ball,  actually one tha greatest moments of my life cuz i have been a hardcore baseball/mets fan since i was like 5 or 6.
2.  Todd pratt game winnin home run in game 4 of tha division series against tha d-backs in 99.  I was there
3.  Bein at tha mets first home game after 9-11 an piazza hit tha game winnin home run against tha braves.  I never heard tha place so loud
4.  Bein at tha first mets-yankees interleague game in 97.  I was there.  Dave milicki complete game shut out,  todd hundley stealing home
5.  Tha mets in 99 was it,  when they made that amazing comeback against tha braves,  capped off by a piazza home run.
6.  Tha bulls suns triple overtime game in tha 92-93 playoffs.  Even tho my bulls lost,  that was great comback.  Never forget pippens inbounds pass off dan marlejes back,  classic.
7.  Pavel bure bein stoned by richter in tha 93-94 stanley cup finals.  Richter  doin tha split to stone pavel on tha penalty shot.  Tha same exact thing happened in tha all-star game that year.  Bure did tha same thing an richter stoned.  Its sought of sad richter wont be a ranger anymore.  Now all thats left from that stanly cup team is messier an leetch
8.  Tha rangers devils conference championship series.  One of tha all-time great series in any sport.  Rangers were down 3-2.  Messier granteeing a win in game six.  Tha rangers went on 2 win game 6 an messier had tha hat trick. Than in game 7 tha rangers winnin in double ot.  I remember watchin tha news reports jus 2 see who won an they finally show stephan manteau swoopin behind tha net to poke it.  I'll never forget hearing tha call on tha radio.
9.  Jordan comin out of retirement tha 1st time against tha pacers,  tho tha bulls lost in OT an MJ only scored 19 it was great especially bein a bulls fan.  I remember tellin every1 he would come back in 2 years.  They called me a fuckin idiot, guess i was right,  go figure.
10.  My all-time favorite met bill buckner.  When mookie wilson slow roller went between buckners legs,  game winnin hit.  In case u didnt know,  that whole ralley was done wit 2 outs in tha 9th.  Great at-bat by mookie 2,  fought off every pitch.  This would be # 1 but i was only 2 at tha time so i only seen it on videos.  That game actually took place on my b-day 10/25
tied for 10th,  seein wade boggs in tha dug out crying

Honorable mention.
Back in 95 me, my dad an a bunch of his friends from a bowlin alley went to tha mets last game of tha season against tha braves.  There was this one kid named sal,  he was like 18.  He moved down to tha front row.  We all started chanting we want sal.  Toward tha end of tha game,  tha whole stadium was chanting we want sal.  No1 knew why.  Than mets left fielder damon buford started lookin all around lookin at tha scoreboard to find out who sal was.  Tha Last inning he finally came back up to our seats.  I swear to god when he got back up a foul ball landed right where he was sitting.  This is one of those stories u have to be there to appreaciate
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Juice

Re: What are your top 10 favorite sport moments
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2002, 01:21:57 AM »
In no particular order..
1) Italian Basketball Team winning the European Championships destroying Jugoslavia.
2) Me watching Conrad McRea for a whole season in Bologna, with him making the most incredible dunks in the history of Basketball (sorry MJ, Wilkins, etc.. This guy was better. He never had the chance to do it in the NBA cause, but.......). RIP man. He died while playing summer league basketball with Orlando. Cancer destroyed him at 31, but i still remember you, man! THE GREATEST DUNKER EVER! (i aint joking)

My tribute to you, homie! Fly!

3) Kobe Bryant making 3s when he was 7 years old, in all the italian courts, in the halftime. With the whole crowd going crazy.
4) Kobe Bryant talking in Italian after the All Star Game and saying wassup to all his italian homies.
5) Juventus winning the UEFA Champions League in 1996.
6) Juventus winning the most exciting Scudetto ever last years.
7) Lakers vs Sacramento
8) Lakers vs Portland game 7. THE BEST EVER!!!!!!!!
9) Me making my first dunk! ;)
10) Me winning the throphy of my region, playin the last 8 mins of the final in 4 vs 5 (all fouled out or injured). And we still won. THIS IS THE N.1! ;)

bez

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2002, 02:27:08 AM »

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2002, 02:38:13 AM »
1.  European Cup Final, 1999 - Bayern Munich vs Man Utd - Bayern winning 1-0, 91st Minute:

"Can Manchester United score, they always score.  The big goalie's coming up. Peter Schmiechel is forward.  Can he score another in Europe he's got one in Europe already?  Beckham, in towards Schmiechel, its come for Dwight Yorke, cleared, Giggs with the shot, SHERINGHAM!!!!!!!!!  Name on the trophy.  Teddy Sheringham, with 30 seconds of added time played has equalised for Manchester United they're still in the European Cup!"

1 minute later........

"You have to feel, this is their year.  They must be playing defensive, Schmiechel's not coming up for this one!  Thinks he's done enough!  Is this their moment?  Beckham, in to Sheringham, and SOLSKJAER HAS WON IT!!!!!!!!!!!  Manchester United have reached the promised land.  Ole Solskjaer.  The two substitutes have scored the two goals in stoppage time, and the Treble looms large!"

Final Whistle

"History is made.  Manchester United are the Champions of Europe again, and nobody will ever win a European Cup Final more dramatically than this.  Champions of Europe, Champions of England, Winners of the FA Cup, everything their hearts desired.  Down and out?  Not a bit of it, they are never out!  Memories are made of this, forever and a day, United fans will ask, "Where did you watch the 1999 European Cup Final?  Where did you see Ole Solskjaer win it, with virtually the last kick of the final?"

The lifting of the trophy

"It's been a long goodbye for Peter Schmiechel, but those giant hands that have done so much in Manchester United's cause in the last eight years, will now wrap themselves around the giant trophy that says MANCHESTER UNITED ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE AGAIN"

I just started crying after that.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2002, 03:21:16 AM »
2.  1999, same season but earlier, FA CUP SEMI FINAL REPLAY, Villa Park.  The greatest game I've ever seen (sorry KVB and Joachim) :D

About the 30th Minute:

"One up for United, supported by Beckham, here's Sheringham, BECKHAM!!!  What a goal!!!!  Well it was gonna take something to make a breakthrough here, and David Beckham has provided it!  Fantastic goal for Manchester United!"

Around an hour gone:

"Bergkamp, GOAL FOR ARSENAL!!! Never write them off!"

15 minutes to go:

"This is the splendour of the FA Cup, it's Arsenal 1 Manchester United 1.  Wembley at stake.  Newcastle already there, and can Arsenal get there again to play them again?  Oh ANELKA, SCHMIECHEL'S FUMBLED IT!! 2 - 1!!! (He's offside he's offside!) Flag up, no goal!  Flag's up again!  This time it's Arsenal's turn to be crestfallen, David Elleray (the ref) doesn't know it yet.  Neither do the Arsenal supporters, neither do the Arsenal players!  Arsene Wenger has suddenly just realised, he's seen it!

Still 1 -1!

10 minutes to go....

"That's another booking, he's off!  It's Roy Keane, and David Elleary dismisses Roy Keane in a Semi Final replay for the second time and Manchester United suddenly find their World Collapsing here!  They've lost their lead, they've survived going behind, but now will they survive the dismissal of their captain?"

93rd Minute, the game about to end and go into extra time....

"Room for Ray Parlour, in stoppage time, down goes Parlour,  DAVID ELLEARY GIVES GIVES ARSENAL A PENALTY!! WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT?  Well I thought it was a penalty, I think Phil Neville ( ::)) knows it, there's not one complaint."

The penalty - if Arsenal score, they win the match and are through to the final.....

"Two international greats here, a decisive moment in an FA Cup Semi Final replay, Bergkamp and Schmiechel AND SCHMIECHEL HAS SAVED IT!!!!!  What a hero for Manchester United!!  Arsenal on the brink of Wembley and they've been turned away by the hands of the great dane!!!

Extra Time, Arsenal dominating, only a matter of time surely before they score and win it, 11vs10, Schmiechel injured after saving from Bergkamp early in Extra time, no subs left.........

"That's a rather weary one from Vieira!  Giggs, gets past Vieira, past Dixon, who comes back at him, it's a wonderful run from GIGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  SENSATIONAL GOAL FROM RYAN GIGGS!!!!!!!!!  In the second period of Extra Time!  He's cut Arsenal to shreds!  And the team with 10 men, go back in front 2 -1!!"
"Words fail me, words fail me!  STUNNED Arsenal fans.  JOYOUS United fans.  And if this is the last Semi Final replay goal we ever see, well, it'll rank amongst some of the greatest ever scored!  He just bobbed and weaved and kept going!  And when he needed a finish, my God did he give us one!  What a strike after beating 3,4,5 players.  Wonderful, wonderful!  Fit to win any Football match!!!

"Manchester United are in the FA Cup Fianl.  They've put out the holders in extraordinary circumstances.  Ryan Giggs has scored the Goal of his Life.  Arsenal, the moveable object, the irrissistible force, still with Manchester United!"

My other 8 moments will be shorter than my first two I promise, I find it hard to describe these moments myself so I just used the live commentary that I have semi memorized of the Treble video.  Damn great topic Thomas!

Juice

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2002, 07:03:40 AM »

LOL. Something of the last 30 years?

ROCCY

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2002, 07:31:17 AM »
1) when the bulls won the first champion ships
2) when the bulls won back-2-back
3) when they went 3 PEAT
4) when jordan came back his 1st retirement
5) when lakers won the first champion ship
6) when lakers won second back-2-back
7) 3 PEAT now..

Crap, I got so many more, I cant think of any lol..shit..peace

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2002, 07:36:19 AM »
Only One...........

Joe Carter, Game 6 of the World Series, Blue Jays vs Phillies

Wild Thing throws a pitch

KLOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jays win the series
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2002, 08:07:42 AM »
3.  Winning the First Premier League, the first league title we had won for 26 years, back in 1993.  Villa lost to Oldham on the Sunday to hand us the title, and we lifted it on Monday night after beating Blackburn 3-1.  Bruce and robson lifted it together.  I was only about 9 but I remember it so well.  

4.  Winning the European Cup Winners Cup in 1991 in Rotterdam.  This is going back nearly as far as I can remember but I have picture perfect memory of beating Barcelona 2-1 with 2 goals from Mark Hughes (although one was really Steve Bruce's).  Ronald Koeman scored with about 15 minutes to go and we held on to win.

5.  Winning the FA Cup in 1994 after beating Chelsea 4-0 with 2 Cantona penalties.  The Semi Final was memorable 'cause we were 1-0 down against Oldham before equalising in the 95th minute through Hughes to take them to a replay.

bez

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2002, 08:22:15 AM »
1.  European Cup Final, 1999 - Bayern Munich vs Man Utd - Bayern winning 1-0, 91st Minute:

"Can Manchester United score, they always score.  The big goalie's coming up. Peter Schmiechel is forward.  Can he score another in Europe he's got one in Europe already?  Beckham, in towards Schmiechel, its come for Dwight Yorke, cleared, Giggs with the shot, SHERINGHAM!!!!!!!!!  Name on the trophy.  Teddy Sheringham, with 30 seconds of added time played has equalised for Manchester United they're still in the European Cup!"

1 minute later........

"You have to feel, this is their year.  They must be playing defensive, Schmiechel's not coming up for this one!  Thinks he's done enough!  Is this their moment?  Beckham, in to Sheringham, and SOLSKJAER HAS WON IT!!!!!!!!!!!  Manchester United have reached the promised land.  Ole Solskjaer.  The two substitutes have scored the two goals in stoppage time, and the Treble looms large!"

Final Whistle

"History is made.  Manchester United are the Champions of Europe again, and nobody will ever win a European Cup Final more dramatically than this.  Champions of Europe, Champions of England, Winners of the FA Cup, everything their hearts desired.  Down and out?  Not a bit of it, they are never out!  Memories are made of this, forever and a day, United fans will ask, "Where did you watch the 1999 European Cup Final?  Where did you see Ole Solskjaer win it, with virtually the last kick of the final?"

The lifting of the trophy

"It's been a long goodbye for Peter Schmiechel, but those giant hands that have done so much in Manchester United's cause in the last eight years, will now wrap themselves around the giant trophy that says MANCHESTER UNITED ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE AGAIN"

I just started crying after that.

I was lying on my couch watching that game.  When Ole Gunner scored I jumped up in the air I was going mad that MAN UTD had done it. Fantastic.  I was made up that an English team had won it and I was made up for Man utd cos they had done the treble.

Hittman

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2002, 08:35:39 AM »
"They've got some people on the pitch, they think its all over...IT IS NOW!"

Joachim

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2002, 09:15:53 AM »
1. Anfield, 26 May '89
Liverpool 0 - 2 Arsenal
The night we won the league over Liverpool at Anfield, we had to win by 2 clear goals at Anfield, most of us didnt think we would pull it off, but me my brother and my grandad travelled up to Anfield anyway. We were 1 nil up going into the 2nd and final minute of extra time, when Dixon passed to Smudger who flicked it almost in slow motion to St Michael Thomas as he strode into the area to chip Grobbelaar and seal the title, and needless to say we went mental. After some celebrations inside Anfield we came back to London, got back at about half 1 (am) and went straight to Highbury where the party was in full swing, unbelievable night, the greatest of my life by far. Seeing all those scousers cry was beautiful and to have them give our lads a standing ovation was even better.

There was one dampener though, during the 1988/89 season the darkest day in English footballing history occured at Hillsborough, so R.I.P to those all died there.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2002, 09:26:05 AM »
LoL

A whole book was written on Joachim's moment

10 years exactly separates mine and Joachim's number one moments

Spooky

budsmokeronly

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2002, 09:36:04 AM »
In no particular order:

1) When steve young threw the td pass to owens to beat the packers in the playoffs in I think 1999.  Young kind of tripped and owens got hammered by like 3 or 4 packers and still hung on.

2) When Ricky Henderson broke the record for stolen bases.

3) When McGuire broke the record for home runs in a season.

4) When the A's sweeped the Giants in the 89 world series.

5) When a ball was hit to Jose Canseco and it bounced off his head for a home run.  ( Canseco is one of my all time favorite players, but damn that was funny.)

6) One year in the playoffs I think the 49ers were playing the cowboys and Young was cheap shotted or something and Rice ran over and grabbed the cowboy by his neck.

7) bonds grabbing kent by the throat last week in the dugout.

8) 90% of the time charles barkely speaks.

9) When Madden said he wanted this guy on the all Madden team because he was all bloody.

10)  When the rams lost the superbowl.

kuniver

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Going For A 7th!
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2002, 09:08:13 PM »
1.) Jordan hitting the last shot against Cleveland in the playoff's in like 1991 and him leaping in the air.
2.) I dont remember whut teams it was, but it was the Super Bowl, and the wide receiver caught the ball and was just short of the touch down and was stoppped...
3.) Rex Chapmen from the SUNS hitting a off-balanced three in the play offs like three years
4.) When Florida's linebacker cracked the hell out of Nebraska's wide reciever and laid his ass out last year...
5.) Celtics down by 20 in 4th quarter and winning the game against the Nets.
6.) Vince Carter dunking on sum 7'5" guy..
7.) Jordan soaring from the free throw line..
8.) Latrell Spreewell choking his coach..
9.) Jordan busting on Bryon Russell to seal the game against Utah for the championship
10.) Mike Bibby pulling through for sacramento
"I smash mics like cornbread, you can't kill me I was born dead"- Big L (RIP)