Author Topic: Eastcoast Rappers are superior  (Read 276 times)

Duckman

Eastcoast Rappers are superior
« on: August 15, 2003, 07:08:18 PM »
Rappers from the east can take a shit on rappers from the west.. most westcoast rappers are wack

mauzip

Re:Eastcoast Rappers are superior
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2003, 01:08:22 AM »
dirty south is the best atm

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2003, 01:31:55 AM »
i agree to an extent

but that's only becuase on the eastcoast hip hop is something more inclusive than it is on the west.......on the east people LIVE hip hop on the west people just listen to it.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Jome

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2003, 02:18:32 AM »
Though this comes from a dude who calls Ja Rule "the mic god", I gotta agree to a certain extent.
Their rappers get bigger, and they usually have better lyricists, but the West is coming now.. Crooked I, Sly Boogy is big talents.. and maybe Ras Kass can deliver a album before he dies..

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2003, 08:58:10 PM »
Rappers from the east can take a shit on rappers from the west.. most westcoast rappers are wack
Krimson is that you??????? ;D

pappy

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2003, 09:37:26 PM »
word

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2003, 10:31:36 PM »
i also agree to an extent, the east has always been superior lyrics wise, when people think about the west they think about Gangsta music and beats to boogy too

the east is more on the lyrics and livin the life

HOWEVER the problem with some of the best lyricist on the west is exposure,promotion etcc.. and on and on

Sly Boogy
Planet Asia
Rasco
Ras Kass

I SWEAR IF RAS KASS WAS EAST COAST HE WOULD HAVE BLOWN UP A LONG TIME AGO BUT OBVIOUSLY SINCE HE IS WEST HE HASNT AND MAYBE PRIORITY WOULD HAVE DEALT WITH HIM BETTER IF HE WAS FROM THE EAST

these young guys like the game and sly boogy can hold their own on the mic but ask east coast heads and they wont even have a clue cause they think all that comes out from the west is dre and snoop and gangsta music

I guess what im trying to say is that the east does get the better treatment as far as exposure but some of their rappers do deserve it no doubt (talib kweli, pharaohe monch,canibus, mos def, nas, biggie etc...)

East coast heads and some west coast heads are too lazy to dig up info. and music about cali's underground young up and coming and vets

Good to see Sly Boogy gettin exposure on Power 106 here in LA ;D

NewJack

• 'G'
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2003, 10:44:32 PM »
I dun think the south is the best at the moment, if anything id say they the worst, but i dun really listen to it enough to judge. East is def ahead in my book tho, but even so, I think central area has 2 of the top5 and i would rank them behind the west. Really hard to judge, is Michigan, Illinois, Ohio, and that region included in the East?

Jome

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2003, 11:18:57 PM »
I SWEAR IF RAS KASS WAS EAST COAST HE WOULD HAVE BLOWN UP A LONG TIME AGO BUT OBVIOUSLY SINCE HE IS WEST HE HASNT AND MAYBE PRIORITY WOULD HAVE DEALT WITH HIM BETTER IF HE WAS FROM THE EAST

Naww, the most extreme lyricists rarely blow up..
That's why Ras Kass tried to dumb down his lyrics on the single "Back it up" and a few other possible singles.. look @ other super-lyricists.. Pharoahe.. Chino.. Canibus.. they dont sell much.
Easy accessible stuff sells, like Jay-Z, 50 Cent, Eminem.. they're not creme de la creme lyricists, but they're good, and easy to relate to.

KVB

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2003, 11:38:01 PM »
True. East Coast rappers in general are superior, commerically and skill-wise. NYC is the birthplace of hip-hop, people live and breathe hip-hop there, so what do you expect.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2003, 06:07:20 AM »
no way, people in the West with the talent just aren't well known, check

Sly Boogy
Ras Kass
Chace Infinite
Krondon
Del The Funkee Homosapien
Planet Asia
Rasco
Phil Da Agony
Defari
The Liks
Kam
Paris
and put your average NYC mixtape rapper against them. Both have their dope MCs but the doper East rappers blow up while most dope West rappers stay underground

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2003, 07:49:50 AM »
It's quite obvious that the east has better MCs overall.  

And yes, there are many talented artists from the west that are relatively unknown and yet to blow-up but it's not like that only happends on the west.  There are just as many if not more from the east in the same situation.

Now don't move this to the main board cause the westcoast baised peeps that don't check here will have a heart attack when they see this subject title.

Nightfall

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2003, 03:57:38 PM »
most of my favorite groups are from the west
but i like the west and the east just as much

eS El Duque

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2003, 05:08:29 PM »
most of the best groups are on the west...but the best mc's right now are from the east  8)

Jome

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2003, 09:50:23 PM »

Now don't move this to the main board cause the westcoast baised peeps that don't check here will have a heart attack when they see this subject title.

Yup..  :D