Author Topic: word up. MOP is wack!!!!!  (Read 1067 times)

Noon Bank$

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bankin' It
Re:word up. MOP is wack!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2003, 07:14:59 PM »
Well of course not everybody likes 50 around here (East Coast). But a lot of people do like G-Unit in NYC.

Don Breezio

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2003, 07:49:34 PM »
Btw, LOL @ Don Breezio saying that MOP got tighter lyrics than 50, when they're rapping about more or less the same subjects all the time..  ::)
The big difference is the delivery/flow.

i just meant that they are more diverse...lyrically they arent all about the same shit like 50 is

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2003, 08:05:20 PM »
they're not wack...but then again they're not all that good either

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2003, 08:09:27 PM »
i'll admit that i wasnt feeling them for a while, but a few months ago i became a fan, they're raw new york hip-hop. Lil Fame is a dope ass lyricist. Now i'm looking for some albums by them....... no luck yet tho

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Don Breezio

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2003, 08:26:51 PM »
i'll admit that i wasnt feeling them for a while, but a few months ago i became a fan, they're raw new york hip-hop. Lil Fame is a dope ass lyricist. Now i'm looking for some albums by them....... no luck yet tho

they just dropped "10 Years & Gunnin'" a few months ago which i believe is like a greatest hits album (i havent heard it yet)...but that one shouldn't be too hard to find.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2003, 08:34:11 PM »

they just dropped "10 Years & Gunnin'" a few months ago which i believe is like a greatest hits album (i havent heard it yet)...but that one shouldn't be too hard to find.

everythings hard to find where i live. stores are stocked with like 30 copies of 50 nelly & ja rule albums yet i've never seen an MOP album

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Jome

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2003, 08:35:54 PM »
The Warriorz-album is a great start if you wanna get into M.O.P.
Some of their older shit on "Greatest hits" sounds kinda dated by now..

Warriorz is classic, just peep what RapReviews had to say about it:
http://www.rapreviews.com/archive/2000_10F_warriorz.html

One of the few albums I wouldn't even think about letting someone borrow it..  :)

Don Breezio

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2003, 08:39:05 PM »

everythings hard to find where i live. stores are stocked with like 30 copies of 50 nelly & ja rule albums yet i've never seen an MOP album

damn that sux...i dont have a problem finding stuff like MOP or even Gangstarr and stuff like that...its the really underground stuff i cant find....like jedi mind tricks, buck 65, El-P...i've found a few albums...7L & Esoteric, Atmosphere, Will.I.Am....but the shit i really want im having some probs with.

Don Breezio

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2003, 08:40:40 PM »
The Warriorz-album is a great start if you wanna get into M.O.P.
Some of their older shit on "Greatest hits" sounds kinda dated by now..

Warriorz is classic, just peep what RapReviews had to say about it:
http://www.rapreviews.com/archive/2000_10F_warriorz.html

One of the few albums I wouldn't even think about letting someone borrow it..  :)

i agree...its a great album...ill never stop loving Ante Up & the Ante Up Remix

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2003, 05:24:58 AM »
I hate it when ppl mix up music / rap skillz wit skillz like shootin someone witta gun. every little ass can shoot someone. demands no skill, I gots no respect for that. It's like: "shit, he's the better lyricist, I can just say I gonna kill him and hope he stops dissin the shit out of me verbally".
It's pussy. I gots no single respect for that. It's like you cant defend yourself rapwise. How fuckin weak.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2003, 05:41:05 AM »

^^ true thats why i dont buy my music in stores anymore..jus  on the net...

...there are some good but your average virgin / hmv / tower records here mainly stocks commercial sheit

fa bo lo us

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • im gangsta, yall just wannabees
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2003, 07:21:04 AM »
cant believe you lames think mop came sicker than fab and paul on keeping it gangsta, ya must be crazy.

go listen to the track again but this time without the dick in ya ear!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2003, 07:21:28 AM by fa bo lo us »
'i never park my cl in the p's, coz the system in the back make it look like i got parkinsons disease'

Jome

« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2003, 03:07:22 PM »
cant believe you lames think mop came sicker than fab and paul on keeping it gangsta, ya must be crazy.

go listen to the track again but this time without the dick in ya ear!

Boo hoo hoo.. trashed, shitted on, outclassed..  8)

lil_RIPsta

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2003, 04:13:37 PM »
my own oppinion is MOP are..boring as fuck there album warriorz/... the worst album i ever bought alonside method man - methodicalman... all songs were the same apart from ante up and cold as ice... i agree wit the guy who said ask any 1 in UK bout cold as ice they all say MOP lol!
MOP is wack in my oppinion as uva love them.. its wot style of music u listen to or make.

Jome

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2003, 08:34:28 PM »
my own oppinion is MOP are..boring as fuck there album warriorz/... the worst album i ever bought alonside method man - methodicalman... all songs were the same apart from ante up and cold as ice... i agree wit the guy who said ask any 1 in UK bout cold as ice they all say MOP lol!
MOP is wack in my oppinion as uva love them.. its wot style of music u listen to or make.

If you neither like "Warriorz" or "Tical", then grimey gangstashit isn't for you.

Do like Mr. fa bo lo us instead, and listen to some Fabolous or Dip Set instead.. may I suggest Nelly & Joe Budden as well.
It's 2 different kinda genres imo..