Author Topic: word up. MOP is wack!!!!!  (Read 1052 times)

Don Breezio

Re:word up. MOP is wack!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2003, 09:03:05 PM »
my own oppinion is MOP are..boring as fuck there album warriorz/... the worst album i ever bought alonside method man - methodicalman... all songs were the same apart from ante up and cold as ice... i agree wit the guy who said ask any 1 in UK bout cold as ice they all say MOP lol!
MOP is wack in my oppinion as uva love them.. its wot style of music u listen to or make.
Do like Mr. fa bo lo us instead, and listen to some Fabolous or Dip Set instead.. may I suggest Nelly & Joe Budden as well.
It's 2 different kinda genres imo..

i agree that its 2 diff. genre's...but i wouldnt put nelly & joe budden in the same category...nelly is pop...joe budden is kind of like 50 cent...its still bullshit rap but he isnt even close to as bad as nelly lol...actually i like joe budden about as much as i like 50 cent...i think they both have dope beats and their tracks are good...i just think they need to improve lyrically.

Jome

« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2003, 10:50:16 PM »
my own oppinion is MOP are..boring as fuck there album warriorz/... the worst album i ever bought alonside method man - methodicalman... all songs were the same apart from ante up and cold as ice... i agree wit the guy who said ask any 1 in UK bout cold as ice they all say MOP lol!
MOP is wack in my oppinion as uva love them.. its wot style of music u listen to or make.
Do like Mr. fa bo lo us instead, and listen to some Fabolous or Dip Set instead.. may I suggest Nelly & Joe Budden as well.

i agree that its 2 diff. genre's...but i wouldnt put nelly & joe budden in the same category...nelly is pop...joe budden is kind of like 50 cent...its still bullshit rap but he isnt even close to as bad as nelly lol...actually i like joe budden about as much as i like 50 cent...i think they both have dope beats and their tracks are good...i just think they need to improve lyrically.

Here we go again.. you obviously got issues with 50 Cent.

50 Cent is in the grimey QB-genre, and are not to be confused with neither Joe Buddens style, Kanye, Nelly or whoever you might try to compare him with.

50 Cent raps about guns, killing, drugs, and fellow rapartists 98% of the time.
Much like Capone N Noreaga, Mobb Deep, and other QB artists...
Now does Joe Budden or Nelly talk about this all the time or at all ??
It's like I should compare TQ to Ronan Keating or something.. ::)

Don Breezio

« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2003, 10:59:53 PM »

50 Cent is in the grimey QB-genre, and are not to be confused with neither Joe Buddens style, Kanye, Nelly or whoever you might try to compare him with.

50 Cent raps about guns, killing, drugs, and fellow rapartists 98% of the time.
Much like Capone N Noreaga, Mobb Deep, and other QB artists...
Now does Joe Budden or Nelly talk about this all the time or at all ??
It's like I should compare TQ to Ronan Keating or something.. ::)

no they are both pretty much artists promoted for the clubs and for the mainstream...just cuz 50 raps about how he got shot a bunch of times doesnt make him grimey....btw...can u explain to me who ronan keating is? lol

Don Breezio

« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2003, 11:03:22 PM »

the only issue i have with 50 cent is when people praise him like hes some kind of rap legend...he has such great skills and doesnt use them at all...if he improved himself lyrically he could be one of the greats...i like 50's style...i just dont like his lyrics...i wouldnt say that makes my issue with 50 cent any different than anyone elses...if you really think 50 has good lyrics you obviously dont know music very well...and i know some of the stuff you listen to and i know you do know music so you should be able to understand when someone wants a little more to a song than "im into havin sex i aint into makin love"

Jome

« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2003, 11:10:26 PM »

the only issue i have with 50 cent is when people praise him like hes some kind of rap legend...he has such great skills and doesnt use them at all...if he improved himself lyrically he could be one of the greats...i like 50's style...i just dont like his lyrics...i wouldnt say that makes my issue with 50 cent any different than anyone elses...if you really think 50 has good lyrics you obviously dont know music very well...and i know some of the stuff you listen to and i know you do know music so you should be able to understand when someone wants a little more to a song than "im into havin sex i aint into makin love"

God damn, take the music for what it is.
Nobody is saying that 50 is a lyrical monster, so I dunno why you're tripping.
50 is a more gangsta version of Jay-Z, none of them are Pharoahe Monch, Ras Kass or Chino XL.
But in contradiction to these 3, 50 and Jigga knows how to make catchy songs for a broad audience.

Don Breezio

« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2003, 11:16:14 PM »

God damn, take the music for what it is.
Nobody is saying that 50 is a lyrical monster, so I dunno why you're tripping.
50 is a more gangsta version of Jay-Z, none of them are Pharoahe Monch, Ras Kass or Chino XL.
But in contradiction to these 3, 50 and Jigga knows how to make catchy songs for a broad audience.

ive said many times that jigga has gone way downhill since the reasonable doubt & in my lifetime days...he brought it back a bit with the blueprint which was nice...but still he's gone downhill. theres no need for taking the music for what it is because ive told you a hundered times i like 50 cent...you obviously dont seem to get that...

Jome

« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2003, 11:23:23 PM »
ive said many times that jigga has gone way downhill since the reasonable doubt & in my lifetime days...he brought it back a bit with the blueprint which was nice...but still he's gone downhill. theres no need for taking the music for what it is because ive told you a hundered times i like 50 cent...you obviously dont seem to get that...

I think we can sum this up with:

Don Breezio = Nas-fan
50/Jay-Z = Nas biggest enemies at the moment
= Don Breezio cant like/praise 50 or Jay-Z

Don Breezio

« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2003, 11:29:17 PM »

I think we can sum this up with:

Don Breezio = Nas-fan
50/Jay-Z = Nas biggest enemies at the moment
= Don Breezio cant like/praise 50 or Jay-Z

god damn jome why are you always on my dick cuz im a nas fan? is it possible that i can like jay-z and 50 cent and still have nas as my favorite rapper...YOUR A FUCKING IDIOT IF YOU CANT SEE THAT I LIKE 50 & JAYZ...i have said it hundereds of times...and i own EVERY FUCKING JAYZ ALBUM YOU FAGGOT!...get off my dick about being a nas fan...i dont give you shit for praising 50 cent so shut the fuck up for once you pussy.

Jome

« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2003, 11:34:56 PM »
god damn jome why are you always on my dick cuz im a nas fan? is it possible that i can like jay-z and 50 cent and still have nas as my favorite rapper...YOUR A FUCKING IDIOT IF YOU CANT SEE THAT I LIKE 50 & JAYZ...i have said it hundereds of times...and i own EVERY FUCKING JAYZ ALBUM YOU FAGGOT!...get off my dick about being a nas fan...i dont give you shit for praising 50 cent so shut the fuck up for once you pussy.

Lmao  ;D
Geez, calm down dude.. I'm just provoking you..  :P

Don Breezio

« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2003, 11:40:15 PM »

Lmao  ;D
Geez, calm down dude.. I'm just provoking you..  :P

yeah but you've been on my dick about that since i signed up for this board...dont think i didnt know what you were doing when i was on mIRC that one day and you guys kept sayin shit about nas & jayz and whatever...i was choosing to ignore those comments cuz you obviously dont know my taste in music...i dont pick sides...i have the 50 cent album, i have all the nas albums, i have all the jayz albums, i have mobb deep, i have cam'ron, i have just about everybody who has dissed nas but you seem to think im just some fuckin nas groupie? no...i like his music and thats it...i cant tell you his birthday, i cant tell you what age he started rapping...hell i cant tell you who produced any of his beats...i like his music and thats it. in fact out of the 7 or 8 or however many nas albums there are...i own 4 OG copies...the rest are burned...so if you still think that im some fuckin nas groupie who cant like anyone other than nas then your an idiot...get off my dick...im not here to prove myself to you or anyone else...im done with this conversation.

Jome

« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2003, 12:45:02 AM »
 :D

fa bo lo us

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • im gangsta, yall just wannabees
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2003, 05:34:55 AM »
i still think its mad funny that dude thinks mop came sicker than fab and caine  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
'i never park my cl in the p's, coz the system in the back make it look like i got parkinsons disease'

fa bo lo us

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2003, 05:35:57 AM »
i still think its mad funny that dude thinks mop came sicker than fab and caine  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
'i never park my cl in the p's, coz the system in the back make it look like i got parkinsons disease'

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2003, 06:00:23 AM »

i think it was actually you who drew the comparison between 50 & kanye

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

fa bo lo us

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: word up. MOP is wack!!!!!
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2005, 03:49:22 PM »
anyone got the thread about fabolous chasing MOP down the street in brooklyn?