Author Topic: Why do people compare DMX and 2pac  (Read 558 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re:Why do people compare DMX and 2pac
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2003, 06:40:36 PM »
I've heard the comparisions, and they can be seen. I think DMX has his own style, but in some ways his emotions are simular to 2Pac's. Both express hat they feel, and I remember 'Pac saying this, and I think DMX can say this as well, anything they rap about, you can pull their card on, because they are honest on record. Also, just to clarify, I've heard the 2Pac greatest of all time argument shortly after All Eyes On Me was released. People seemed to get caught up in the hype of the time, and maybe it was just a Cali thing, but All Eyes On Me, and Me Against the World was played all over the place, and people were claiming 'Pac the greatest.

Don Breezio

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2003, 08:55:34 PM »
shit x is bout x

i agree...thats is what makes him great...he doesnt have anyone to answer to...he does whats good for him and i respect that...you gotta be able to do stuff for you instead of being all about other people...i would be willing to bet that outside of music x is a lot better about doing things for others...

PinkTowelGirl

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2003, 10:09:48 PM »
I've heard the comparisions, and they can be seen. I think DMX has his own style, but in some ways his emotions are simular to 2Pac's. Both express hat they feel, and I remember 'Pac saying this, and I think DMX can say this as well, anything they rap about, you can pull their card on, because they are honest on record. Also, just to clarify, I've heard the 2Pac greatest of all time argument shortly after All Eyes On Me was released. People seemed to get caught up in the hype of the time, and maybe it was just a Cali thing, but All Eyes On Me, and Me Against the World was played all over the place, and people were claiming 'Pac the greatest.

yeah what he said   :D

BABAH!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2003, 01:58:27 AM »
it's no argument to say Pac became a legend after death. because DMX is WAY FAR from being a legend.
2nd DMX is not a much better rapper at all. I prefer Pac in every case.
fuck gangsta.
however, if DMX and PAC are compared, it aint a honor for pac, but for x.

lmao is this the guy who calls Ja Rule The Mic God? EXPLAINS ALOT!!!!

lol @ fuck gangsta, Pac didn't claim less gangsta than X

I concerned Duckman for sayin "DMX is a real gangsta" or sumthin. Within sayin "fuck gangsta" I meant it aint no criterion if X or whoever else is a G or not.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2003, 11:21:05 AM »
I've heard Pac called one of the greats before his death. This was when he had the beef with Biggie and people were taking sides and everyone from the West claimed Pac to be the best especially after AEOM cause that album was an instant classic where I lived.

DMX and Pac are similar because they both have the same influence, Scarface. They both have used the style of talking about religion, death which Scarface originated on his early Geto Boy and solo albums. Both Pac and X have stated that Scarface was their favorite rapper.

mauzip

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2003, 12:32:33 PM »
I've heard Pac called one of the greats before his death. This was when he had the beef with Biggie and people were taking sides and everyone from the West claimed Pac to be the best especially after AEOM cause that album was an instant classic where I lived.

DMX and Pac are similar because they both have the same influence, Scarface. They both have used the style of talking about religion, death which Scarface originated on his early Geto Boy and solo albums. Both Pac and X have stated that Scarface was their favorite rapper.

Now Duckman is probably wondering: 'Who the fuck is Scarface?!'

Blood Rain

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • flesh of my flesh, my blood is life
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2003, 11:27:14 AM »
id say that pac and X r both alike, but pac is still better