Author Topic: Response to Blender's top 50 worst artists  (Read 437 times)

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
Response to Blender's top 50 worst artists
« on: August 20, 2003, 11:22:44 PM »
ICP's response to Blender's top 50 worst bands of all time.  They make a good point.

ICP: #1 Worst Band Ever...?
Posted on 8-11-2003
by staff of Psychopathic Records

...or #1 Most Player-Hated Band Ever?

Once again, Insane Clown Posse is proven yet again to be the most player-hated band of all time. Blender Magazine decided to have a review of the Top 50 Worst Band of All Time. And, naturally, ICP made nothing short of #1 on their list, with The Wraith as their worst album.

Honestly, how much do these 12-year vets-of-the-game have to accomplish to get recognized by mainstream media? They've got 2 Platinum Records, 4 Gold Records, 1 Gold Home Video (from their own feature-length movie Big Money Hustlas), another Gold DVD right around the corner (Bootlegged in LA), their own merchandise line (HatchetGear), their own record label (Psychopathic Records) with offices in the USA and Europe, an annual fan convention (The Gathering of the Juggalos), the #2 wrestling league (JCW), an upcoming video game (Backyard Wrestling), their own comic book series, and, of course, legions of dedicated, diehard, worldwide fans (The Juggalos). They've brought themselves up from nothing to become an international musical phenomena, and yet, somehow, they still get no respect from fine mainstream publications such as Blender Magazine.

Not too bad for the worst band ever, eh? So, once again, Insane Clown Posse retains their title as the most player-hated band in the world!

Entertaining Fact: Somehow, a review on Blender's website gave The Wraith 3-Stars (which means "Great in its genre" according to their rating system). Impressive, for the "worst album" from the "worst band."

Don Breezio

Re:Response to Blender's top 50 worst artists
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2003, 11:26:55 PM »
i wouldnt put them on the worst list...if it were before you showed me some of their better tracks i wouldve agreed where they put them...but really some of the shit from them is annoying...like 90% of their "juggalos" think that anybody who likes eminem is just a retard and whatever...or in their vocabulary a "juggaho"...its kinda stupid...actually it reminds me of some shit from like elementary school. i dont think they really have the style though to be recognized by the mainstream...its not like MTV can really play much of the stuff they record...for not being on tv or the radio really they are pretty well known though.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2003, 11:47:57 PM »
I.C.P. is the Hip-hop = to Kiss.
Period point blank...

In the end tho, they will get their prop's it will take a while tho, but you can't deny all the fact's Cracka made.
Love em' or hate them.

They have their own place...
Fuck Blender

I personaly do not own any records'...
Hatesrats 2oooTre (not my style)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2003, 11:48:29 PM by Hatesrats »

Don Breezio

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2003, 11:51:55 PM »
Period point blank...

In the end tho, they will get their prop's it will take a while tho, but you can't deny all the fact's Cracka made.
Love em' or hate them.

Fuck Blender

yep...that pretty much said it all...i dont own any albums either but i am gonna check out that one that that cracka j has in his avatar...it sounds like funny shit.

The Watcher

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2003, 05:26:01 AM »
i'd agree with that. Vanlla Ice is worse than them clowns. I've never bought a Vanilla Ice record, i've bought a couple from ICP.
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2003, 06:03:14 AM »
but i am gonna check out that one that that cracka j has in his avatar

buy it its some dope shit

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2003, 06:31:03 AM »
Period point blank...

Love em' or hate them.

Fuck Blender

Well said, and my stance too.

Last Dragon

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2003, 07:39:05 PM »
I've listened to thier music, and I can honestly say that I can gree with some of Blender's points.  I've heard better rhymes in 5th Grade School Plays.  Plus, the whole Clown gimmick seems kind of corny.  I simply can't take them serious.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2003, 08:09:20 PM »
Period point blank...

Love em' or hate them.

Fuck Blender

pleeeeeeeaaaaase, the only thing kiss and icp have in common is facepaint.........don't ever ever compare legends with trash again please. thank you

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2003, 01:23:46 PM »
pleeeeeeeaaaaase, the only thing kiss and icp have in common is facepaint.........don't ever ever compare legends with trash again please. thank you

As far as Respect or lack of in the Genre that they perform in. {I'm not comparing music Lil' one} Both group's in their Respective era received unconditional amounts of Hate & Love by both peer's & critic's, but have huuuuge cult like Following's regardless. {HUGE}.

Fact:Kiss was at one point in their musical journey labled one of the/if not the worst Rock & Roll band ever. (And still by some)

Longevity and Fan following made Kiss a legend, not amount of hits or lack of it. (Who don't own a kiss figure?)

ImO..Insane Clown Po$$e might conjure up the same type of feeling's to their Juggalo's that Kiss did for their Kiss Army.
So they could care less what people say suck's or not.

Merchandise & marketing is genius for both {Kiss is king in this area}, as far as the actual music goes, you'll find people {Way before ure' time} who still have the same feeling's towards Kiss's fuck & Rock all night long type of music that people of today have towards the fucken insane clowns.
again I'm not, nor have I ever compared their statis....
I'm comparing the love & Hate aspect of their fan's and basher's.
oh yeah they do both wear make-up huh??, how weird.

Your welcome..
Hatesrats 2oooTre
« Last Edit: August 22, 2003, 02:30:44 PM by Hatesrats »

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2003, 02:04:49 PM »

As far as Respect or lack of in the Genre that they perform in. {I'm not comparing music Lil' one} Both group's in their Respective era received unconditional amounts of Hate & Love by both peer's & critic's, but have huuuuge cult like Following's regardless. {HUGE}.

Fact:Kiss was at one point in their musical journey labled one of the/if not the worst Rock & Roll band ever. (And still by some)

Longevity and Fan following made Kiss a legend, not amount of hits or lack of it. (Who don't own a kiss figure?)
<------Paul Stanley

ImO..Insane Clown Po$$e might conjure up the same type of feeling's to their Juggalo's that Kiss did for their Kiss legion.
So they could care less what people say suck's or not.

Merchandise & marketing is genius for both {Kiss is king in this area}, as far as the actual music goes, you'll find people {Way before ure' time} who still have the same feeling's towards Kiss's fuck & Rock all night long type of music that people of today have towards the fucken insane clowns.
again I'm not, nor have I ever compared their statis....
I'm comparing the love & Hate aspect of their fan's and basher's.
oh yeah they do both wear make-up huh??, how weird.

Your welcome..
Hatesrats 2oooTre

Well put Hatesrats.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2003, 03:00:53 PM »
how can people hate on ICP when they've probably never given a song a chance? they probably heard eminem diss them & decided they suck.........

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris