Author Topic: Pro Evolution Soccer... only in Europe??  (Read 263 times)

Big BpG

Pro Evolution Soccer... only in Europe??
« on: July 06, 2002, 08:41:00 AM »
I've heard scores of people say "wow this game is better than fifa" ... but I can't find it anywhere, and I am unable to find it at Amazon.com... however you can find it at Amazon.co.uk ... does that mean it was only a Europe Release??? It was also made by Konami... if you go to the Konami website, they don't offer it at the U.S. site, but they do at the Europe site.... so I'm thinking most of us U.S. folks haven't heard about it because it's not available here...

-Big BpG
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer... only in Europe??
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2002, 08:55:34 AM »
Yea its only in europe.  I tried to find it a few months ago, Jome told me about it

Jome

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2002, 11:59:39 AM »
yea, Pro Evo is in it's own league when it comes to soccer.
This is all the reviews that's out on the net \/\/\/

100 points  FHM     Those in the football know, choose Pro.

100 points Games Radar UK     The most playable, rewarding and downright realistic football simulation in videogame history - and the finest multi-player experience on PS2.

98 points Sports Gaming Network     The game's AI is simply mind-blowing. In terms of soccer games it's peerless, it's so much better than ISS PE 1 & 2 that it practically renders them unplayable once you've had a crack at PES, and all comparisons to Fifa really are unfair.

97  points TotalGames.net     In terms of gameplay, nothing comes close to recreating every essence of football as this game. It?s perfect. Everything that?s in the game is, well, in the game....Choose FIFA over this and you deserve to be shot!

95 points BBC Sport     Pro Evolution Soccer is, quite simply, the most essential football game ever.

93 points  GameSpot     [GameSpot UK]: Once you play Pro Evolution Soccer you won't think twice about even looking at another football game.

90  points Total Video Games     The best football title ever.

On the back of my edition, it says with big letters:
KONAMI
www.konami-europe.com

Further down with small letters:

Made In Austria
Published by Konami of Europe
Developed by Konami Comp. Entertainment Tokyo
On the DVD itself it says:
EXCLUSIVELY licensed to Sony Computer Entertainment EUROPE

And there's a KONAMI-ad inside, it says:
you can now order these games blah blah blah at
www.konamistyle.de

Konami has offices in London, Paris, Frankfurt, Madrid, Amsterdam & Stockholm

No word on U.S. offices though, but I know for sure that they got a Canadian Development Team
Looks like yall gotta import it, and chip your PS2s.

Doggystylin

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2002, 02:26:27 PM »
yeah that was what i was wonderin, its gay as shit tho that it isnt in the US

Sub-Z

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2002, 06:31:07 PM »
you could always install a mod chip in ya ps2 and import it

Big BpG

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2002, 09:47:40 PM »
True, but I ain't wasting my time on a mod chip... if this game is real good, i would expect more demand for it and possibly they would sell it here in the states.... second one comes out in October...

-Big BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Jome

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2002, 06:11:06 AM »
True, but I ain't wasting my time on a mod chip... if this game is real good, i would expect more demand for it and possibly they would sell it here in the states.... second one comes out in October...

-Big BpG

Look at the reviews and you'll see it's good.
I guess it's because Soccer is mainly seen as lame in the U.S., is the reason they don't launch it.

And because EA spend hundreds of millions in launching their games, and Konami spends more money in developing the games than advertising for them.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2 comes out in the fall, but I dunno if they will go for the U.S. market this time :-/

I guess the Americans wants it commerialized and chopped up, with easy gameplay, fancy music, fancy graphics but no REAL gameplay and difficulty.