Author Topic: Why should we cut the government.  (Read 133 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Why should we cut the government.
« on: August 23, 2003, 11:56:32 PM »
That's been a question of mine for along time. People are afraid that big government means less power to the people. Funny because many programs were meant to give more help to the people, and are popular. It's been 227 since this country was founded, and times have change. Our Constitution is great because it sets the government. Since we have had many problems and issues that are not covered in the Constitution, so we had to figure it out ourselves. Problems like the Civil War, like Native American relations, like ending slavery, like the Great Depression, like Civil Rights, like the expanding of Voting Rights.  Our government is the way it is over time because not everything is covered. I for one love our education programs, our limit health care, and unemployment, which basically is like insurance incase you lose your job, not government hand outs. I receive financial aid for college, so does most of the nation. With rising tuitions across the country, we need the aid now, even the middle class, and even some upper class. I think the U.S. should have free health care to those that qualify, and what not. We should cut on some spending, but not cut down to 1/5th of what we have. Those that believe that librials are un-American, are out their damn minds. After all, it was librials that gave us Finanacial aid for colleges, Upward Bound in intercity communities, free lunches and breakfast at public schools, raising the number of schools, Medicare for those that qualify, the U.S. military, the police force, firefighters, and even politians. Hell, in a society that now supports the troops, lives firefighters, and wants to fight crime, and raise education standards, isn't it funny we want to cut the taxes that pay all of these people. We want to cut programs that have helped millions of people over the years get off their feet, and gave people a second chance. Maybe it's because I listen to too much B.S. from the WWII generation, which is called the greatest generation in United States history, but they believed in a second chance, in helping out the little guy, rooting for the underdog. We are in the crossroads of United States history, I'm just sad it's came down to this. Belief in the community is down, indivualism is up. And that means our modern way of living will take a back set to pre-depression way of doing things. It does not work. Some people do well, but there is no gold rush in California, there is no segratation to limit who gets jobs, and there is now laws against abuse of labor that did not exist before Franklin D. Roosevelt. Too bad people are caught up in the current stuff being said. Lets move forward, off of what the WWII generation build. Modern times, not backwards, what we left. Oh well.  ???

Trauma-san

Re:Why should we cut the government.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2003, 12:00:06 AM »
M Dogg;
  You can make decisions for yourself and your family better than anyone else alive.

That's why the government should not take any of your money, you should be free to spend it however you want, to take care of your family.

Simple as that.  

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2003, 12:09:57 AM »
M Dogg;
  You can make decisions for yourself and your family better than anyone else alive.

That's why the government should not take any of your money, you should be free to spend it however you want, to take care of your family.

Simple as that.  

No it is not. Capitalism is not a fair system. In order to have rich, you must have poor. It's ok to help the poor. I'm not saying pay them to be poor, but like to me, pay for college, pay for free school lunches, summer camps for the children in the intercities. I personally like paying taxes, I pay for teachers, military, firefighters, my tution, police, road maintance, hospitals, other students tution, post office, and other stuff I can't pay for. I don't make much, I can't afford to put a kid, if I had one, into privite schools, I can't afford to send my mail myself, or do I really need to carry a gun everywhere to keep myself safe, or many other things. I guess everything can be done without government, but on the real, don't you feel better with our government looking out for us.

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2003, 11:05:02 PM »
M dogg, I'm not talking about the post office or defense spending.  Of course you have to pay SOME taxes, I was speaking figuratively on CUTTING the government, not completely eliminating them from our lives.  Of course we should spend money on welfare, education, etc. but we really spend money on some stupid stupid stupid shit right now.  Surely you've heard of all the waste in the budget each year, all the b.s. the military wastes money on, like spending 150 bucks for toilet seats and such.