Author Topic: "A Nightmare On Elm Street: The First Murders"...Prequel!?!  (Read 604 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

"A Nightmare On Elm Street: The First Murders"...Prequel!?!
« on: August 22, 2003, 10:16:09 PM »
An idea for "A Nightmare On Elm Street" prequel has been floating around for quite a while, but do the fans really want one? I know I sure as hell do, and we learned Robert Englund (who's played Freddy Kreuger for the past 20 years) is really into the idea of starring in one...Every one knows the story of Freddy Kreuger, a popular child killer who was freed of charges due to technical errors, and later, burned alive by the parents of Elm Street...But do the fans really want to see Englund play Freddy out of make-up? Do they really want to see the Freddy we all grew to love killing little innocent children? All I know is that I would love to see such a movie, and if they make one, more power to them...I know it'll be good, Robert is an outstanding actor...Who else would like "A Nightmare On Elm Street" prequel?

Blood Rain

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • flesh of my flesh, my blood is life
Re:"A Nightmare On Elm Street: The First Murders"...Prequel!?!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2003, 11:15:14 AM »
hell yeaaaa

eS El Duque

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2003, 12:03:31 PM »
would be nice

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2003, 12:06:53 PM »
not a bad idea  :)

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2003, 09:47:16 PM »
i would...... it wouldnt b faky i dont think.... it would b more real and more like a none horror movie IMO

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2003, 10:04:31 PM »
it would be cool, that series is the shit, though most old horror movies from that time have now become more comedies because that shit ain't scary
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

pappy

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2003, 12:08:50 AM »
that would be really interesting,  actually sounds like a good idea.  there was a rumor of them doing something similar with the halloween series

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2003, 12:13:00 AM »
I'd love it, and I love Robert Englund... but for real, to call him an "Outstanding Actor"?  What in the hell are you basing THAT on?  I mean, he's great as Freddy, but that's not because he's a good actor.  It's because his face is burnt all to shit and he has butcher knives stapled to his fingers.  

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2003, 01:32:28 AM »
Trauma, do you know what makes Freddy so good? It's the way Robert Englund portrays Freddy's character…If anyone else were to play Freddy, it wouldn't be nearly the same (ask any of the directors who've had to deal with body doubles for Freddy, LoL)…Robert is a great actor, and I doubt you've really followed his career like I have…Pay attention to his body movements, his gestures, his facial expressions, and so on when he plays Freddy…Everything he does is absolutely perfect…Ask anyone who has worked with him, and they will all tell you the same…If you don't think he's a good actor, I dunno what to tell you…Go read some interviews with Wes Craven where he mentions Roberts skill, and you'll get my point…Have you seen any Freddy movies? I suggest you go rent some, and pay attention to how Rob portrays Freddy in a comedic yet horrific way…He's an extremely talented guy, and there's not denying that…PeACe

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2003, 03:53:26 AM »
prequels would be the best thing to do now. cause a new movie after H20 or New Nitemare would be rather BS.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2003, 11:20:48 PM »
This would defo be interesting.

GrewSum

• 'G'
  • 70 Mile Entertainment
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2003, 12:50:55 AM »
i think now_i_know needs to let his freddy vs jason boner fade away sumtime.....jesus fuckin christ.....good movie....most everybody liked it.......now quit humpin robert englunds leg...great actor?????LMAO!!!!!....if he was such an actor then he would be offered great rolls, not like he's struggling for exposure, everybody and their mom knows the guy, its the fact that he cant act his way out of a paper sack......

and u really need to quit flippin out on the people who say they think the movie looks gay........c'mon, they had a fuckin weigh in for fucks sake.....they played the movie off like a big joke and got lucky due to the fact that the idea has been on the table for 15 sum odd years and everyone wanted to see what the big wait was for.....lety people express they opinion and quit defendin the movie like its ur show and tell piece from kindergarden......

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2003, 03:15:51 AM »
I'd actually like to see this...

...alot of potential in storyline....could go anywhere really!

Blood Rain

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • flesh of my flesh, my blood is life
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2003, 03:24:58 PM »
sry im replying again to say thats gonna be dope, i love freddy krueger movies

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2003, 12:12:08 PM »
i think now_i_know needs to let his freddy vs jason boner fade away sumtime.....jesus fuckin christ.....good movie....most everybody liked it.......now quit humpin robert englunds leg...great actor?????LMAO!!!!!....if he was such an actor then he would be offered great rolls, not like he's struggling for exposure, everybody and their mom knows the guy, its the fact that he cant act his way out of a paper sack......

and u really need to quit flippin out on the people who say they think the movie looks gay........c'mon, they had a fuckin weigh in for fucks sake.....they played the movie off like a big joke and got lucky due to the fact that the idea has been on the table for 15 sum odd years and everyone wanted to see what the big wait was for.....lety people express they opinion and quit defendin the movie like its ur show and tell piece from kindergarden......

STFU, I'm just the most knowledgable about anything to do with slasher films on this board...Robert has been in other movies, people just can't get passed his Freddy image, so no one wants him in major roles...Ask anyone who's worked with him and they'll say the same, trust me, I know...PeACe