Author Topic: How To Solve all Your Problems  (Read 225 times)

Trauma-san

How To Solve all Your Problems
« on: August 23, 2003, 11:25:08 PM »
Do it yourself.  LOL Everyone needs to stop blaming all their problems on the world, or on the government, or on their neighbors, or on... whatever.  This is a disgusting trend, nobody has responsibility anymore... well, I say nobody figuratively, some people do, but most don't.  

I'll give some examples.  In the 'old' days, if you were a kid, and went down the street, and broke the window in somebody's house playing baseball, or whatever... whoever lived there would come out and beat your ass, right there in the middle of the street.  Then, they'd call your mom, and your mom would THANK her for beating your ass, and ask her to send you home so that SHE could beat your ass.  

Today, if you went down the street, and broke the window in somebody's house, they'd call the police.  The police would come, (spending taxpayer gas money) and fill out a report that basically would be useless.  The owners of the house wouldn't handle it themselves, they'd call the police.

Your mom would be notified.  She would immediately threaten legal action on the family that owned the house with the broken window, saying that her family was being slandered, or that their child actually did it, or that little billy almost got hurt by the glass, and is TRAUMAtized for life.  

You'd be sued for the price of the window, and the cost to have it professionally replaced because they wouldn't take the responsibility of replacing it themselves.  Blah blah blah, on and on and on.

We live in a world today, where people SUE MCDONALDS FOR MAKING THEM FAT.  How about we take some responsibility?  They're making Ice Cream labels now that warn that Ice Cream is fattening.  ?.   ?.    WHAT AM I MISSING HERE?  TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for your own life.

What I'm trying to say is this: All of your problems are your own.  The government isn't holding you down.  Your parents aren't ruining your life.  The world isn't designed to get you.  The world is YOURS.  Those who realize this, and take responsibility for their own actions go places in life.  Those who don't end up working at Wal-Mart for the rest of theirs.  Look at celebrities, nearly anyone you can find a lot of information about, look at people who today are hard workers.  You'll find that in almost every case, they've overcome really hard times to get where they are.  That's why they're successful, they've taken responsibility for their lives, and have prospered.

- You don't make enough money? Who's fault is that?  It's yours, anyway you look at it, either you didn't go to school enough to get a good job, or you're not smart enough to start your own business, or you don't work hard enough to get the money you need.

- Your girlfriend dumped you?  Who's fault is that?  It's yours, if you were really the man you think you are, she wouldn't have dumped you.  And if you are, then what the hell were you dating a screwed up girl like that for in the first place?  

- The police always come by your house and harass you?  Who's fault is that?  It's yours, you should move somewhere where there's no rednecks.

Whatever, I'm just saying that only by taking responsibility for EVERYTHING in your life, can you actually do something about it.  You can't wait for the government to get their act together, you can't wait for the perfect woman to find you, the perfect job to find you, you have to take responsibility for your life.  

Jimmy Cash

• 'G'
  • Jimbo C. on the scene
Re:How To Solve all Your Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2003, 12:50:44 PM »
i'd rather blame my parents

Reservation, Bitch!!!

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2003, 11:02:22 PM »
Yeah, that would work for a while.  It probably is partially their fault, but what can you do about it? You can't go back in time, you need to accept where you are right now, what your problems are, identify your obstacles, and rise above them.  The only other alternative is to give up, and why quit?

infinite59

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2003, 09:32:17 AM »
"It is much more criminal to teach a man to hate himself than it is to teach him to hate another."

Malcolm X -  El Haj Malik Shabazz

infinite59

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2003, 09:54:36 AM »
"It is much more criminal to teach a man to hate himself than it is to teach him to hate another."

-A good example of this today is the Iraqi people.  THEY ARE BEING TAUGHT TO HATE THEMSELVES.  They are being told that it is because of continuing Iraqi resistance; NOT AMERICAN AGGRESSION AND OCCUPATION; that they are being denied their most basic resources of food, electricity and water.  When something goes well for them, it is said to be from America, and when something goes wrong, the oppressed, powerless Iraqi's shoulder the blame.

-Another large group of people being taught to hate themselves is the Palestinians.  They are being blamed over and again whenever so-called peace talks break down.  They are being told that the reason they can't have peace is NOT BECAUSE OF 30 YEARS OF ISREALI OCCUPATION; but rather it is their fault for resisting that occupation.  They are being blamed and labeled as unscrupolous advocates of terrorism and intolerance.   And everyone forgets that they are powerless to control their own destinies and feed themselves, much less threaten the two twin global super-powers, Isreal and the United States.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2003, 09:54:56 AM by Ibrahim Islam »

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2003, 10:43:56 AM »

word... BTW you forgot the "El" between Malik & Shabazz

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2003, 10:50:29 AM »
Gravediggaz tol' me...

...they said it forwards (n backwards) in a song...

...your a bastard child you think your mum n dad r white n your dark as ink...

ok well maybe not ...cheap way out anyway  ;)

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2003, 09:08:31 PM »
Ohhh, I got it.  So we should blame everyone else.  LOL Yall keep living that way, I'll keep prospering with my beliefs, think you very much :)  BTW, how's life?  

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2003, 08:03:48 AM »
It's like this. You see things through one way, I see it through another. I see a system that tells kids they ain't nothing but labor workers, and education is not important. Since this is the system, they believe it. I personally think that it's wrong to say that. But the root of the problem in my case is the education system. Don't blame the education system, join it. I'm going to be a teacher, go into a mainly Latino school, and teach this kids to get an education, to learn how to survive in the world, and raise this new solders up to overcome part of the problem. Don't blame no one for shit, especially yourself. Overcome it. Find out what hurts you, and overthrow it. In Iraq, if occupation is you problem, overthrow it. They thought Saddam was for a while, they stepped aside and let us run him out. Now they think we are, so they are trying to do the same. Even the new Lt. General, Ricardo Sanchez, says a new plan must be made, because the current one is not working. Ah, another Latino in power, this world gets better... lol.