Author Topic: Why in the hell would anybody be a democrat?  (Read 344 times)

Trauma-san

Why in the hell would anybody be a democrat?
« on: August 23, 2003, 11:52:16 PM »
I mean, today.  In the past, the democratic party was very respectable, it's the party that brought us JFK, for pete's sake.  

Just a strange comment, but remember back in the day it was the republican party that was pushing to end slavery, in the 1800's... that's kind of weird, now the republican party is accused of being racist, when it was the democrats who opposed ending slavery, LOL.  Democrats are historically opressors.  

Republicans have never been opressors, just portrayed that way.  To DATE, democrats still want you dependent on the government, they don't want you free.

Basic republican beliefs are that the government has too big of a role in the lives of ordinary americans, and that the constitution should be upheld in every possible way.  Taxes should be lowered for ALL people, and a man has the right to make as much money as he wants.  

Basic democrat beliefs are that the government should always be bigger.  We always need more programs to help people, because lord knows they're too stupid to help themselves.  We need to provide everything for the people, they can't even be expected to provide themselves with food, we need to provide them food for free.  How will we do this?  By taking their money from them in the form of taxes, and then giving them the things they need to survive, give them food, give them housing, give them medical care; lord knows they would never be able to spend their own money on it.  If someone is rich, then we should take MORE of their money away from them, they have no right to be that rich.  The people simply CANNOT live without the help of the government, we need more programs, we need people to be dependent on the government; after all, as democrats, running the country, we are more intelligent than your average citizen, and can therefore SPEND THEIR MONEY BETTER THAN THEY CAN.

It comes down to that, folks.  The democratic party (NOT democrats, your average democrat doesn't think this way, only those that are leading the democratic party today think like this.)... the democratic party is all about slavery, they always have been.  In the past, they wanted you in shackles, today, they want all your money so they can make your decisions for you.  

Why in the HELL would you be a democrat?  

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re:Why in the hell would anybody be a democrat?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2003, 12:03:43 AM »
I do. You talk of ignorice homie. I respect you, but you are listening to too much bull shit. The demorat party is still about education that works. This No Child Left Behind is a bunch of garage. I looked it up, studied it. I'm an education major, it's my job. I looked at it with an openned mind, since I was for this Compassate Conservative stuff, and I saw just pure bull shit. Also, Democrats have halp cut programs. The goal is not more programs, but ones that work. Bill Clinton was for welfare reform. It's like, what more do you want. I know of plenty of Democrats in congress that are for the rights to arms, and many other things. You generalize every democrat leader. It'd be like if I thought every republican is the same way. I personally didn't want Arnold to run for governor of Cali because I fell Richard Rerdon would be the best governor Cali would have in many years, and his a republican. I have looked at the parties, and you are not educated in politics at all. It's all good, I've heard to talk shows, I know what you are saying, too bad you don't.

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2003, 12:07:56 AM »
Hmm, you ignored the entire post.  Read it again, and then answer any of the things I mentioned.

1. - total fact that democrats were for slavery.  

2. - total fact that democrats want more and more money out of your pocket each year, they want you dependent on the government.

3. - Democrats have an elitist attitude, they think that they can spend your money better than you can, they think they are more intelligent than you when it comes to raising your family.  

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2003, 12:14:29 AM »
Hmm, you ignored the entire post.  Read it again, and then answer any of the things I mentioned.

1. - total fact that democrats were for slavery.  

2. - total fact that democrats want more and more money out of your pocket each year, they want you dependent on the government.

3. - Democrats have an elitist attitude, they think that they can spend your money better than you can, they think they are more intelligent than you when it comes to raising your family.  

1 - history, almost everyone was for slavery, including the founding forefathers. Thomas Jefferson, who was for human rights, owned slaves.

2 -  Democrats aren't going to do what the public wouldn't allow them to do. When the public wanted to cut welfare, Bill Clinton cut welfare. It's that easy, I've seen it done before.

3 - That's a complete lie, it's what is told to the ignorite people in the work, to get them to think the Democrats are Elitist, which is generally thought of as Republican. Democrats are for social programs that have worked in the past to help poor people, and struggling people.

PinkTowelGirl

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2003, 12:25:44 AM »
marty you never answer my PM...  :'(

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2003, 03:42:20 AM »
ronnie, ronnie, ronnie..
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

pappy

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2003, 11:53:43 AM »
an why be a republican.  the last president was a democrat an the economy was booming an  an we werent in any wars.  now our president is a republican an where involved in a war an our economy is currently in the shitter.  as a matter of fact why the fuck be a democrat,  why not just support the man who is the best

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2003, 02:14:18 PM »
total fact that democrats were for slavery.  

Hmmm.  Correct, in that the southern Democrats and the Northern Democrats were totally split on the issue.  But the two most important Presidents in terms of the Civil Rights battle were JFK and to a greater extent LBJ.  Both democrats.  

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2003, 06:43:52 PM »
republicans are a bunch of rednecks, and just cause democrats were for slavery like 100 years ago, means NOTHING, times change, and it has nothing to do with todays people running for democrat party

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2003, 08:52:57 PM »
its weird how people from around the world know u.s history more than some of the u.s residents... I'm from the u.s and i know brief histories bout other countries but some peeps from europe look like they study u.s history.

Citizen-Y

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2003, 11:52:48 PM »
an why be a republican.  the last president was a democrat an the economy was booming an  an we werent in any wars.  now our president is a republican an where involved in a war an our economy is currently in the shitter.  as a matter of fact why the fuck be a democrat,  why not just support the man who is the best

Clinton had the luxury of the .com era and mad money being spent in the tech sector to deal with the Y2K bug (the biggest marketing propaganda ever.)

Bush had to deal with .com bubble burst and 911.

Clinton was in the right place right time.

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2003, 12:12:31 AM »

The oval office  :D

Citizen-Y

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2003, 12:16:35 AM »

The oval office  :D

Clinton adored JFK, wanted to be like JFK in everyway.

JFK's presidency was called Camelot...but it should have been called Cumalot, cause he came alot!  

Clinton's should be called Cumalittle.  You know, a little on the desk, a little on the dress.

JFK shot for the stars!  He banged Marilyn Monroe.  Clinton showed his dick to a government clerk.  Theres a dropoff here a dropoff.

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2003, 12:21:11 AM »

JFK's presidency was called Camelot...but it should have been called Cumalot, cause he came alot!

And you should know, right? Please stop right there. :-X

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2003, 12:35:40 AM »

Clinton had the luxury of the .com era and mad money being spent in the tech sector to deal with the Y2K bug (the biggest marketing propaganda ever.)

Bush had to deal with .com bubble burst and 911.

Ah young grass hopper, economy was Clinton's game though. Remember his slogan to George Bush Sr. "It's the economy stupit" Clinton had programs to help out the economy, and what not. When Bush came in, everyone knew the economy would fall, it was how he handled it that would judge his economic policies. Lets just say we have the highest un-employment since the last Republican in office, his dad.