Author Topic: yo wot happaned to micheal jackson?  (Read 600 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
yo wot happaned to micheal jackson?
« on: August 24, 2003, 03:26:39 PM »
he released a album in 2001 i think it was and released a lead single and aint shit come from that album since which is real weird and then we hear his workin on a next album or rumours of it or sumthing...............anyone know whats he doin these days?

GangstaBoogy

Re:yo wot happaned to micheal jackson?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2003, 04:27:02 PM »
I dunno, But I rememBer hearin he wanted Dr. Dre ta produse for him & Dre turn'd him down.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

G-T

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2003, 07:36:52 PM »
what happened to him signing to murder inc??? lol

Don Breezio

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2003, 07:39:13 PM »
what happened to him signing to murder inc??? lol

ja rule was too old for him  ;D

anywayz...yea lyrical g your right...he released "Invincible" around x-mas of 01...the lead single was "you rock my world" and i believe he also released the song "Butterfly" but it didnt do very well...not sure what hes doing now though...other than suing scary movie 3 producers.

bez

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2003, 07:48:05 PM »
shits a shame really cos invincible wasn't really that bad of an album.

Oh he released you rock my world, then cry, thats all the UK heard off his invincible album.  I would of liked to of seen Unbreakable feat biggie released or even Break Of Dawn, two great tracks right there.

I hope he releases just one more album and goes back to the old school shit, cos it would still sell to this day.  If he wrote a dope song like he did way back in the billie jean, bad, thriller days and made a similar video it would give him what he deserves.  A strickly no bullshit sending off from the music industry where he belongs, on top.

I would personally like to see him write a song along the lines off a title like "still here" and in the video he will go back to all his old videos like billie jean, bad, beat it, thriller, scream, they dont really care about us, smooth criminal.  That would be dope.

Don Breezio

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2003, 07:58:46 PM »
I would personally like to see him write a song along the lines off a title like "still here" and in the video he will go back to all his old videos like billie jean, bad, beat it, thriller, scream, they dont really care about us, smooth criminal.  That would be dope.

damn right! that would be some dope shit...i thought he had a little trace of that style in "You Rock My World"...not really in the style of the song itself but the feel of it...

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2003, 05:07:29 AM »
I wish there would be a Quincy Jones/Dr Dre produced Michael Jackson album. That would be 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Mudpole

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2003, 08:06:50 AM »
I dunno, But I rememBer hearin he wanted Dr. Dre ta produse for him & Dre turn'd him down.

I don't think dre would touch Mike wit a 10ft pole!

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2003, 08:06:53 AM »
We probably dint hear much of his new album, cuz it sold really bad or so i heard....

Btw i dont think that Micheal has any chances to come back on top for a last time before he stops, cuz of all the media and stuff around him.... People arent interested anymore and even if he released one classic single it wouldnt do anything.... Or so i think at this point, lol....
"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010

bez

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2003, 12:41:21 PM »
We probably dint hear much of his new album, cuz it sold really bad or so i heard....

Btw i dont think that Micheal has any chances to come back on top for a last time before he stops, cuz of all the media and stuff around him.... People arent interested anymore and even if he released one classic single it wouldnt do anything.... Or so i think at this point, lol....

Man I totally disagree with that.  Just imagine if mike released an album of the thriller or bad nature and he released like 3 singles that where all dope and all had amazing original videos.  Nothing really matters to people these days, you could of killed like 15 people and people would still buy your music if it was amazing.  Mike has always been in the limelight and if he released just 1 more amazing album it would sell amazingly too.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2003, 02:45:09 PM »
Invincible sold 8 million copies worldwide, it did alright, but that's low for his standards.  The Rock My World video was awesome, there was a long version where he had some dance scenes with some chick that were off the hook, he even had some new stuff (where he danced like frankenstein, anybody see that part?) that was great.  

He showed up at the BET Music Awards last month with James Brown, and danced with him on Stage, it was awesome, then he gave him a lifetime achievment award.  

He's been spending a lot of time in Florida lately, he's buying a big house down there, I think he goes on vacation for months at a time while he's recording.  He's been working on a new album, and I think it's going to be a box set for Sony, with new songs on it.  

People will never get tired of Michael Jackson, they'll always make fun of him, or be entertained by him.  He's only 44 or so, he still has 30 years of performing left in him.  If you think he's going anywhere soon, you're crazy.  He has the record for greatest distance between #1 songs (he had one in the early 70's, then his latest was in 95, 25 years later, nobody else has matched that).  He was making #1 hits 30 years ago, and he'll probably have a #1 hit 30 years from now.

If you think he's really gone anywhere, or people have forgotten about him, look at the U.K. billboard top 100 charts, he currently has 3 albums on it, LOL.  

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2003, 04:06:04 PM »
^^oh shit wasnt he beefin with sony or sum shit? so whys he makin another album with them? hopefulyl we might see sum videos this time.........i dunno about the rock my world video though man, i seen the full version and he seems tired as fuck on it man, i remember when scream dropped and he looked all sharp n shit ready to bust a move, he looked like he was about to collapse on rock my world........imo............................speakin of this album though, whens it gon drop?

peace

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2003, 11:33:34 AM »
bassically sony did michael over when it came to invincible. It was a good album with great songs but sony never pushed it. u rock my world sold well but then cry came out with no promotion there was also a hot remix of butterflies with eve that never got released. the rumour is that sony tried to bleed michael jackson dry by giving him money for the album and then not promoting it, so it wouldnt sell. They hoped this would cause michael to sell to them the beatles publishing rights which would constantly bring in millions to the owners.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2003, 11:46:18 AM »
oh yeah hmv has got a 3 for 20 quid deal going on u can get

off the wall
thriller
bad
dangerous
invincible

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Trauma-san

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2003, 12:02:16 AM »
^ Yeah, tha'ts pretty much how the sony deal went down.  

Sony has lost their ASS on a ton of albums over the past 2 years, culminating with the head of the label, tommy motolla, getting fired (stepping down, yeah right).  They restructured, so michael made peace with them.  Michael Jackson and Mariah Carey are friends, and I think Michael didn't like the way Tommy treated Mariah after they were divorced, so that's probably part of it.