Author Topic: The U.N.'s secret reasons for not going to Iraq  (Read 347 times)

Trauma-san

The U.N.'s secret reasons for not going to Iraq
« on: August 26, 2003, 11:01:15 PM »
Did you know that the U.N. was making a percentage fee on every barrel of oil sold under Iraq's oil for food program?  Did you know that this added up to billions of dollars of funding for the U.N. each year?  

Now, with the war on, the oil for food program has come to a hault, and the U.N. doesn't get those billions each year anymore.  Kind of puts it in perspective, doesn't it?  

It sure goes a long way to explain why they issued 14 resolutions threatening military conduct in the country, but then backed out of it when the U.S. decided to go in.  

JTSimon

Re:The U.N.'s secret reasons for not going to Iraq
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2003, 11:47:23 PM »
Thats how the world works  ;D I guess.

Self interest.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2003, 11:49:10 PM by Max Powers »

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2003, 12:19:00 AM »
LMFAO @ this fuckin moron who is quick to jump on the UN about maintaining its self interest, but turns a blind eye to how the US has raped the world for its on interests.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Eidolon_Ravi

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2003, 05:19:30 AM »
^^^ LMAO...

But doesn't the UN need funds to carry out all its programmes in various nations??

all the same can u point out any news threads for further reading???

JTSimon

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2003, 08:09:51 AM »
LMFAO @ this fuckin moron who is quick to jump on the UN about maintaining its self interest, but turns a blind eye to how the US has raped the world for its on interests.

Tech was that directed at me?

Thats how the world works  ;D I guess.

Self interest.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2003, 03:07:24 PM »
lol

It wasn't the UN that decided not to go

It was the other countries on the security council that decided not to go.

And LMMFAO at the Bush administration who DERIDED the UN, along with rednecks like Trauma, before the war, and now they are in a real mess in Iraq (guerilla warfare is on) the US has gone back to the UN, begging them to help the US sort out this mess.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2003, 03:07:34 PM by Jay ay O'Shea »

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2003, 05:18:31 PM »

Tech was that directed at me?

NO. IT WAS DIRECTED AT CAPTAIN AMERICA

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

ONETIME

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2003, 05:50:04 PM »
Oh Yeah, Because we KNOW that nobody ever says anything negative about the U.S. on this board.  I mean, this is practically the "Fuck a Muslim" board, right?  You've GOT to be kidding me.  
now i get it ^ lol

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2003, 09:00:09 PM »
Nobody finds it strange that the U.N. was making a shitload of money out of the sanctions placed on Iraq, and now that the U.S. has destroyed the Iraqi regime and freed the country, the sanctions have been lifted, and they make no money?  Hell, I'd be pissed too if I was the head of the U.N.  I would have much preferred the people of Iraq to live like fucking dogs while I made 2 bucks off of every barrel of oil Saddam sold.

The sad thing, really, is seeing people from the middle east spit in my countries fucking face when we're freeing they're countries.  It's fucked up, they'd rather live in fucking dirty, stinking opression then allow a western country to help them.  Pride is fucking disgusting.  

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2003, 11:03:00 AM »
lol

It wasn't the UN that decided not to go

It was the other countries on the security council that decided not to go.

And LMMFAO at the Bush administration who DERIDED the UN, along with rednecks like Trauma, before the war, and now they are in a real mess in Iraq (guerilla warfare is on) the US has gone back to the UN, begging them to help the US sort out this mess.

Captain America seems to have missed this

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2003, 01:08:25 PM »
We've wanted the U.N.'s assistance in this the entire time.  This isn't an american problem, it's a WORLD problem.  Unfortunately, they weren't able to provide us with assistance at first, maybe they will now? It's the cool thing to do now, we've already done all the grunt work.  

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2003, 10:49:17 PM »
Nobody finds it strange that the U.N. was making a shitload of money out of the sanctions placed on Iraq, and now that the U.S. has destroyed the Iraqi regime and freed the country, the sanctions have been lifted, and they make no money?  Hell, I'd be pissed too if I was the head of the U.N.  I would have much preferred the people of Iraq to live like fucking dogs while I made 2 bucks off of every barrel of oil Saddam sold.

The sad thing, really, is seeing people from the middle east spit in my countries fucking face when we're freeing they're countries.  It's fucked up, they'd rather live in fucking dirty, stinking opression then allow a western country to help them.  Pride is fucking disgusting.  

Do you honestly NOT comprehend why Muslims hate America?

- Lewis Carroll

pappy

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2003, 10:56:09 PM »

Do you honestly NOT comprehend why Muslims hate America?

i have n idea but i would like to kno from a muslim why.  no beef,  honestly

Eidolon_Ravi

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2003, 01:13:29 AM »

Yep.. Amereican pride is fuckin' disgusting...

UN's presence was never considered to be an OCCUPATION of territory...

But US presence is.. that makes a lot of difference..

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2003, 02:50:16 AM »
Few reasons why SOME Muslims (even though it's not only Muslims these days... non-Muslims, Americans, etc. disagree with U.S. foreign policy) 'hate' America....

--- The U.S. plays the double standard (Israel vs. Iran); assists a country by providing weaponry in a war (Iraq in its war against Iran) and then goes to war with the same country it supported. Oil.... the things it will make the money-hungry politicians do.... which leads me to......

--- The U.S. helps the Mujahideen in Afghanistan gain power, helps train them (including Osama bin Laden), provides them with guns and such, and prays for them to defeat the Russians because the U.S. of course is in a Cold War with them. Then when mission is accomplished (the Afghans drive the Russians out of Afghanistan which also is a major cause for the fall of the Soviet Union) the U.S. just leaves Afghanistan since the U.S. got what it wanted. Afghanistan is in crumbles, chaos, and disaster. There is no stable government, and factions start infighting (using U.S. provided weaponry) and continue to bury themselves into deeper shit than the U.S. did. This goes on until..... yes that's right... THERE IS OIL IN AFGHANISTAN. Hmmm, but the U.S. can't just 'take' it from a country that doesn't have a government because that would be 'wrong' ::) Hmm, so now what is a money-hungry country to do? Oh yes, find a reason to start conflict... yes let's use "the Taliban are mistreating people". Well yes they are, and many Afghans thank the U.S. for getting rid of them. But why wait so long? The U.S. knew all along what was going on in Afghanistan. Why no help then? So now that the U.S. found a reason, they bombard them, put in place a puppet state, and now have the 'right' to take the oil. Mission Accomplished for U.S. All it took was a few million lives. OH AND SINCE I KNOW SOME OF YOU IGNORANT DUMBFUCKS WANT "PROOF" FOR SOMETHING YOU KNOW IS TRUE BUT DON'T "WANT" TO BELIEVE.... HERE IS A FUCKIN LINK....

http://www.mediamonitors.net/stephaniekirmer1.html

To set things clear for those idiots quick to jump to conclusions and stupid remarks..... I personally have nothing against this COUNTRY, but I COMPLETELY DISAGREE WITH ITS FOREIGN POLICY. It's a great country to live in when compared to the rest of the world, but the foreign policy is a fuckin joke.