Author Topic: Last_Emperor-Music_Magic_Myth-Retail-2003-FTD  (Read 628 times)

NewJack

• 'G'
Re:Last_Emperor-Music_Magic_Myth-Retail-2003-FTD
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2003, 03:16:37 PM »
Another thing.. anyone whose downloaded off mIRC.. does the song "Shine" cut off about 30 seconds or so before the end for you? It does for me, and I really wanna hear the rest of the song.. wondering if it was just a downloading error or an error with the uploaded album.. i dun wanna download it again without knowing..

The Watcher

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2003, 05:28:41 PM »
you gotta download the bonus cd seperatley i think, i downloaded them from somewhere non-mirc and it was 2 different rips
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2003, 08:25:44 PM »
Can anyone hook me up with the bonus CD? The one I downloaded didnt have it on there..

::)maybe you should buy it instead

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Jome

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2003, 09:15:49 PM »
My favs:

Who's that
Some love, some hate
Prisoner
Karma - sounds like a hit to me... sweet sample, sounds Alchemistic..
Meditation

I think it's safe to say that the 1st part of the LP is a lot better than the 2nd.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2003, 09:16:26 PM by LiL Fame »

Don Seer

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2003, 12:58:53 AM »
* sends jome the original version of meditation *

Jome

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2003, 01:05:30 AM »
Damn, that's almost like 2 diff. tracks..
I'd say that the OG is rawer, but a little unpolished.. the singing in the background is dope.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2003, 01:10:41 PM »
The pack I got is a fucked up rip.  No bonus CD, two songs are cut short and the outro is combined with the track 18.  I guess I'll just rip it myself when it comes and put it back on the old iPod.

I liked the intro, I usually would like to get straight to the music on track 1 but this isn't bad.  It's good to see minimal guests, I'd prefer zero but this is okay.  The album is too long but I just prefer a 14 track album max, but there isn't any filler that I've noticed so far, some okay songs but no trash.  

"The Underground", "Triger Trail" (No Escape), "Karma" (Over & Over), "The Block Party" (The Umph), "One Life" & "Animalistics" were all on the Rawkus Advance.  And they put them pretty much all together.  I found that odd, I thought they would have mixed the old tracks with the new ones.  I would have thought "Away From The Sun" would be on here.  It would fit in nicely.

Not putting "Secret Wars Pt. 2" on the album isn't something that I wouldn't do.  And I guess they decided to cut his song with Saigon and Pretty Ugly.

He rerecorded "Meditation" for sure, there are new lyrics and his delivery and flow are switched up.  At first when I noticed it was a reworked "Meditation" I thought it was ass but it grew on me quick.  Yes, I like it more than the original.  One of the better songs on the album.

The "Official The Last Emperor Information Thread" is more accurated and I added some reviews and some other songs to the discography.  You can get there by clicking on his name in my sig.

And if you wanna any songs there I have them in the best quality you can find.  Find me on mIRC, PM me, E-mail, or whatever if you want anything.  I'll give you every song there if you want.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2003, 02:05:00 PM »
The pack I got is a fucked up rip.  No bonus CD, two songs are cut short and the outro is combined with the track 18.  I guess I'll just rip it myself when it comes and put it back on the old iPod.

:-\ that sucks homie, did you buy it from Sandboxautomatic? thats where mines comin from

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2003, 02:50:20 PM »
hiphopsite

According to my receipt my S&H is only $1.62, a hell of a lot less than what it would of been at sandbox.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2003, 06:30:36 PM »
hiphopsite

According to my receipt my S&H is only $1.62, a hell of a lot less than what it would of been at sandbox.

yeah mine was $9 at sandbox, i hope it comes with the shirt poster & bonus CD like it says......

Paris

Jome

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2003, 07:48:41 PM »
"Karma" is my track, that sample is sweet.... should have been a single..  ;D
And Last Emperor comes off dope on it too.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2003, 07:48:55 PM by LiL Fame »

The Watcher

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2003, 08:21:40 PM »
secret wars pt 1 is off the fucking hinges

comic books & rap music -- my 2 fav things

how have i never heard this !??!

secret wars 2 is just as dope

this is my shit !!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2003, 08:26:04 PM by The Watcher »
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Dr._Funkenstein

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2003, 04:16:15 AM »
FTD reripped the album already, as far as I know.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2003, 06:38:36 AM »
i just got the new XXL, they gave it an L :o ihope they're wrong....

Paris

Dr._Funkenstein

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2003, 06:43:51 AM »
i just got the new XXL, they gave it an L

Well, I downloaded the album (still waiting for my OG copy... slow cede.ch bastards! ;D ) and I think it's pretty tight. A solid record.