Author Topic: The Islamic Concept of Love  (Read 442 times)

infinite59

The Islamic Concept of Love
« on: August 27, 2003, 04:26:17 PM »
Al-udu billahi minash shatan al-raheem, Bismillah al Rahman al Rahheem....

Assalamulaikum.  Today I would like to speak to you all about the Islamic concept of love.  May Allah forgive me if there is any error in my knowledge.

On the Day of Judgement there will be 7 groups of people who will be under the shade of Allah.  One of those groups of people will be those who loved their partner, and their partner loved them, exclusively for the sake of Allah, and on account of the way the other practiced this deen (Islamic way of life).

To break that down for non-Muslims.  Muslims do not have the same vague understanding of love as is common amongst this society.  We do not simply love someone because we think they are sexy, or the way they manipulate us and play games with our minds to lure us into them.  No.  We love someone because they are making their prayers on time, they have good manners, they are fasting, paying charity, and because they love Allah Subbana Wa Tallah.  This is the correct criteria and moral framework under which we value and love our partners.

Jazaka-Allahu-Kairun (thank you) for listening.  Assalamulaikum.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2003, 04:29:44 PM by Ibrahim Islam »

ONETIME

Re:The Islamic Concept of Love
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2003, 04:48:34 PM »
Subhan-Allah, wonderfully said brother, and thanks for bringing it to us.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2003, 10:44:55 AM »
Subhan-Allah, wonderfully said brother, and thanks for bringing it to us.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2003, 11:13:35 AM »
just out of curiosity, are you Nation Of Islam or Traditional Islam?

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

ONETIME

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2003, 11:15:04 AM »

whose tht question directed to bro ??? me or Infinite ???

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2003, 11:21:06 AM »

whose tht question directed to bro ??? me or Infinite ???

either of you.........

Paris

ONETIME

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2003, 11:58:50 AM »
Well, tht all the things ppl. made up do differentiate in muslims, as a Muslim, we're all one.

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2003, 08:46:23 PM »
The saddest part of this post is that it reveals that Brian has never truly BEEN loved.  I mean, I'm 24, and I've been in love, and it didn't have anything to do with what the girl looked like, or the mindgames she played.  If that's your view of love, I feel sorry for you, kind of explains alot.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2003, 08:47:20 PM »
Oh, and I'm not speaking negatively of the muslim idea of love you described, that's how I see it too.  

ONETIME

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2003, 09:52:08 AM »
The saddest part of this post is that it reveals that Brian has never truly BEEN loved.  I mean, I'm 24, and I've been in love, and it didn't have anything to do with what the girl looked like, or the mindgames she played.  If that's your view of love, I feel sorry for you, kind of explains alot.  
can u read his post one more time????????? and see wht he said, or do u need someone to read it out loud to ur ass

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2003, 10:30:45 AM »
Yeah, I see that his idea of love before was about how hot some girl was, or how she played with his mind.  I think that's sad that he never had anybody love him for who he is, that's all.  

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2003, 07:31:43 PM »
Yeah, I see that his idea of love before was about how hot some girl was, or how she played with his mind.  I think that's sad that he never had anybody love him for who he is, that's all.  

thats the exact opposite of what he said

Paris

ONETIME

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2003, 09:48:40 PM »

thats the exact opposite of what he said
lol......dont waste time on Xplainin shit to him

PinkTowelGirl

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2003, 03:47:18 AM »
truama doesnt know what love is.. he is too bitter and angery about his problems.. he forgets about everyone else..

i wonder if he ever stop to realise the the KKK and neo nazi support the republician party?  they probably endorse it too...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2003, 03:56:46 AM by lil Bullet »

mauzip

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2003, 10:15:01 AM »
Al-udu billahi minash shatan al-raheem, Bismillah al Rahman al Rahheem....

Assalamulaikum.  Today I would like to speak to you all about the Islamic concept of love.  May Allah forgive me if there is any error in my knowledge.

On the Day of Judgement there will be 7 groups of people who will be under the shade of Allah.  One of those groups of people will be those who loved their partner, and their partner loved them, exclusively for the sake of Allah, and on account of the way the other practiced this deen (Islamic way of life).

To break that down for non-Muslims.  Muslims do not have the same vague understanding of love as is common amongst this society.  We do not simply love someone because we think they are sexy, or the way they manipulate us and play games with our minds to lure us into them.  No.  We love someone because they are making their prayers on time, they have good manners, they are fasting, paying charity, and because they love Allah Subbana Wa Tallah.  This is the correct criteria and moral framework under which we value and love our partners.

Jazaka-Allahu-Kairun (thank you) for listening.  Assalamulaikum.

ok great. why did you post this?