Author Topic: Martin Luther King  (Read 211 times)

Trauma-san

Martin Luther King
« on: August 28, 2003, 09:21:40 PM »
I guess nobody cares.

40 years ago today King gave his I have a dream speech after the march on washington.  What a great man, it's a shame his message has been twisted over the years.  When I was in school, they always had us read the speech, I hope they still teach that to kids.

King is the reason the modern democratic party secures 98 percent of the black vote, also.. it's a little known fact!  In the 60's, King would not align himself with either the republican party, or the democratic party, because he wanted to kind of play each party against the other, to get the best results for his people's civil rights.  He even said this in his autobiography, that he didn't want civil rights issues to turn into some sort of political fight.  At the time, many southern democrats were highly racist and opposed desegregation.  Many, Many democrats were racist, since most of the south was democratic and still had roots from the slave south.  The north was always free and always mainly republican.  Anyways.  

King was trying to get the civil rights bill passed, and knew Richard Nixon, JFK, etc.  He had ties to both parties.  Nixon (a republican) was actually a member of the NAACP!  and was very sympathetic to civil rights issues.  Nixon had a republican colleague, who opposed the civil rights bill, on a libertarian platform; he believed that government should be smaller, and have less control of people's lives...so he disagreed with passing a bill that would force people to act a certain way (namely, uphold civil rights!).  King decided that since Nixon had ties with this man, and while King believed the man was NOT a racist, he felt the message and opposition to the civil rights bill would support racism in the south... King said he felt he had no choice but to align himself with the democratic party, for the betterment of his people's cause.  

This has continued to this day, to this day the democratic party gets 98% of the black vote.  

It's my 'dream' that with the civil rights bill now long passed, minorities can make up their own mind about which candidate they should vote for, and that the stereotype of the racist republican can be shown for what it is : a stereotype.  

UnstoppableForce

Re:Martin Luther King
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2003, 02:14:14 AM »
LMAO... this is getting hillarious....

PinkTowelGirl

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2003, 02:21:05 AM »
LMAO... this is getting hillarious....

i would agree...

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2003, 02:29:49 AM »
He tries as hard as possible to come up with stupid theories which he assumes show that Democrats are evil and Republicans are the peoples' saviors. ::) Keep goin Scorpion, it's getting funnier. You are trying to be funny right? :-\

PinkTowelGirl

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2003, 02:33:51 AM »
He tries as hard as possible to come up with stupid theories which he assumes show that Democrats are evil and Republicans are the peoples' saviors. ::) Keep goin Scorpion, it's getting funnier. You are trying to be funny right? :-\

he is a fucking red neck honky... and i dont mean that in the racial since.. i mean the way he believe and shit.. what neck trauma.. are you going to marry you moms.. so you dont contact the HIV virus.. or what?

damn you a little bitch half the time with your  inbreeding believes..... ::)

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2003, 02:37:27 AM »
lol@ Trauma...

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2003, 10:26:32 AM »
What is there to laugh about?  Unbelievable.  

THIS IS FUCKING HISTORY.  If you all weren't so ignorant you'd KNOW this shit.  This is where the modern "I'm black I vote for democrats" thing comes from, the Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr.  Look it up!  I'm not trying to attack democrats, where do I say one negative thing about them that's not a fact?  It's all fact, I'm sorry if you don't like the fact, but haven't you ever wondered where the black endorsement of the democratic party came from?  I'm just providing info, it's not meant to slam anybody.  I just thought it was an interesting story, that I happen to know about, and thought I would mention how magnetic King's personality was in honor of the anniversary of his speech.  Don't throw your personal beliefs about me into this, it's just a story about Martin Luther King.  Nobody else even mentioned him on the entire board, and look what he's done for america.  

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2003, 11:00:47 AM »
Or maybe they vote Democrat because they know that they won't cut welfare programs that many blacks need to survive, and they won't vote for the party which possesses racists like Strom Thurmond (well, used to) and pro Apartheid people in government (Cheney).

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2003, 11:12:14 AM »
^^ That doesn't make any sense, because Senator Bird was the house majority leader when the democratics had the house majority, and he's an admitted Klan member, LOL.  

PinkTowelGirl

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2003, 11:17:44 AM »
Or maybe they vote Democrat because they know that they won't cut welfare programs that many blacks need to survive, and they won't vote for the party which possesses racists like Strom Thurmond (well, used to) and pro Apartheid people in government (Cheney).

ok... that was crap... but then again.. he is would have thought more carefully about restated his argurment i am sure he would be able to make it better on the eyes and mind.......  ;)

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2003, 11:23:19 AM »
Er, yes it does make sense.

Byrd held the leadership postition from 1977-1988.

Read what I wrote about cuts to welfare, and about Dick Cheney and comment about that.

Yes, well done, you learned some history.  Southern Democrats were very racist.  JFK spent most of his political life fighting them.  We are now talking about the here and now.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2003, 11:24:59 AM »
he is would have thought more carefully about restated his argurment
That was crap.  Proper English please.

Who needs to think more carefully when they write?

Me or you?

PinkTowelGirl

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2003, 11:27:45 AM »
he is would have thought more carefully about restated his argurment
That was crap.  Proper English please.

Who needs to think more carefully when they write?

Me or you?

i wasnt talking about your format... i was talking along the lines of your argument.... you over agressive piece of shit... ::)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2003, 11:40:16 AM »

he is a fucking red neck honky... and i dont mean that in the racial since.. i mean the way he believe and shit.. what neck trauma.. are you going to marry you moms.. so you dont contact the HIV virus.. or what?

damn you a little bitch half the time with your  inbreeding believes..... ::)

that was HELLA uncalled for. you might not agree with his republican point of view (idon't all the time ) but calling him a red neck WAS racist and to deny it makes you a hypocrit . and it's even worse that you bashed his religion

in one paragraph you managed to make yourself look WORSE than trauma ever intended to. in that one paragraph you made yourself look like a bigot, mysoginist  (sp?) and a niggled hypocrit.

i might not agree with traumas anti democrat point of view but hell at least he was compassionate for someone who was the opposite race. and a little more respectable.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Eidolon_Ravi

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2003, 11:49:25 AM »
What is there to laugh about?  Unbelievable.  

THIS IS FUCKING HISTORY.  If you all weren't so ignorant you'd KNOW this shit.  This is where the modern "I'm black I vote for democrats" thing comes from, the Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr.  Look it up!  I'm not trying to attack democrats, where do I say one negative thing about them that's not a fact?  It's all fact, I'm sorry if you don't like the fact, but haven't you ever wondered where the black endorsement of the democratic party came from?  I'm just providing info, it's not meant to slam anybody.  I just thought it was an interesting story, that I happen to know about, and thought I would mention how magnetic King's personality was in honor of the anniversary of his speech.  Don't throw your personal beliefs about me into this, it's just a story about Martin Luther King.  Nobody else even mentioned him on the entire board, and look what he's done for america.  

LMAO ... make Scorpion Moderator of this board ;D