Author Topic: Callin tha kettle black...  (Read 266 times)

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
Callin tha kettle black...
« on: August 29, 2003, 02:43:14 AM »
Do any of yall remember when Infinite used to post a million threads about Islam...and how it was superior to other religions? And certain people on here (TRAUMA for example), would make statements saying how he wasnt secure in his beliefs...because he had to continuously express how superior his relgion is. Kinda funny now, how close religion and politics can be huh? Thanks for all the very interesting threads Trauma...keep settin em up, we need more comedy in this forum anyways.

PinkTowelGirl

Re:Callin tha kettle black...
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2003, 02:49:47 AM »
Do any of yall remember when Infinite used to post a million threads about Islam...and how it was superior to other religions? And certain people on here (TRAUMA for example), would make statements saying how he wasnt secure in his beliefs...because he had to continuously express how superior his relgion is. Kinda funny now, how close religion and politics can be huh? Thanks for all the very interesting threads Trauma...keep settin em up, we need more comedy in this forum anyways.

word up hommie... not trying to sound white or anything  ;) (inside joke)

anyways..... yeah.... i would have to agree... no one likes a pushy mormon....

hector

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2003, 03:38:19 AM »
^^ Or a Catholic witch  ::)

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2003, 10:28:24 AM »
Religion and politics are two different things, dumbass.  Religion people are often born into, and it deals with personal beliefs, and things that often cannot be proved, or changed, or helped, or whatever.  People are free to be whatever religion they want, and many are a certain religion by birth, or by culture.

That's why an intelligent person doesn't argue the validity of one religion over another.  Me.

Politics are an entire different story, they're a personal choice, so therefore they can be argued all you want.  How you don't see the difference is stunning.  

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2003, 11:49:36 AM »
i feel the opposite about religion. just becuase you're born into something doesn't mena you're going to go to heaven cuz you're parents excepted ________ as their god. religion is a personal choice as well. it says that in the bible too, you must make a personal decision whether to except christ or not

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Eidolon_Ravi

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2003, 11:54:47 AM »

I am sorry.. but if ^ is not some kinda joke; ur making a joke of ur self.. i haven't been arnd here when *infinite * posted his threads.. but i feel that comedy definitrely has no business here in this TOT forum.. u can bring that out in other Forums...

*Peace*

Eidolon_Ravi

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2003, 12:51:42 PM »
Religion and politics are two different things, dumbass.  Religion people are often born into, and it deals with personal beliefs, and things that often cannot be proved, or changed, or helped, or whatever.  People are free to be whatever religion they want, and many are a certain religion by birth, or by culture.

That's why an intelligent person doesn't argue the validity of one religion over another.  Me.

Politics are an entire different story, they're a personal choice, so therefore they can be argued all you want.  How you don't see the difference is stunning.  

u r quite rite... when u sey  *Religion and politics are two different things*.. and then u get all confused  ::)...
 They may be two different things but then the driving force in politics IS religion.. it may be not so apparent in America but if u open ur eyes and take a look around u'll find that politics and religion are inseparable.. and almost all regimes in power rite now would have made use of this factor to get the electoral votes...

And this they do bcoz *They are smart and intelligent*

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2003, 01:24:30 PM »

I am sorry.. but if ^ is not some kinda joke; ur making a joke of ur self.. i haven't been arnd here when *infinite * posted his threads.. but i feel that comedy definitrely has no business here in this TOT forum.. u can bring that out in other Forums...

*Peace*

read it again...

im not saying they are actually the same. Im saying, that when Infinite made posts about his religion, and stating reasons why his was superior...people like Trauma would run up in the thread, and say Infinite was some sort of psycho, that he was insecure about his own beliefs, etc...etc. Now, Trauma does the same with his Republican "Religion" lol. And he doesnt see anything wrong with it. Infinites shit was no more annoying then this is.

And Trauma, in this case....religion and politics are somewhat close. Only in that, both are set up on particular beliefs u have. Not faith, but beliefs. So u saying that Infinite was arguing things that cant be proven...thats fine. But your arguing that Republicans are "better", and it cant be proven. Its your opinion, just like your religion is...an opinion.

Bottom line, its just old...and honestly..WCC was better without TOT. I know this kind of forum brings in more members, BUT...look what kind of members. This shit used to be a westcoast rap message board. Now its full of old, republican, hippies...lol what a shame...

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2003, 03:50:48 PM »
Bottom line, its just old...and honestly..WCC was better without TOT. I know this kind of forum brings in more members, BUT...look what kind of members.
I agree with Tone here. It has consumed the majority of some of the better OG posters time, and now we see more angry arguments, than posts about music, or fun things. Just what attacks are justified, or what religion is right, or how bad the US is, or how bastardous the people who don't like the US are, ect. It gets old. But I do agree that the discussions that happen in TOT were what was killing the anything goes board back in the day. I just wish people wouldn't let thier issues in this board carry over into the other boards, and it does happen. Why can't we all just get along  ;)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2003, 03:51:41 PM by The Big Bad Ass »