Author Topic: Why...  (Read 547 times)

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
Why...
« on: August 29, 2003, 06:29:12 AM »
why do nearly all interesting topics in this part of the board get senselessly fu*ked up ...

...look like there are some real bright people on here...all with different backgrounds, knowledge, experiences etc

...damn the possibilities of discussion are endless, but it always comes down to the same ol same old bullshit...excuse me but it's true....

...lets make it a train of thought an no a train going round in circles...

...and the deliberate cussing of one another via religion sexual preference etc is jus plain childish

pZ

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Re:Why...
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2003, 07:02:21 AM »
^^^^I haven't been on this board for a long time but I have to agree.

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2003, 07:23:50 AM »
compared to the past this board is amazingly calm.

quick run down of the history of this section from my perspective..

this section was only created because when infinite made his transition from 'self-loathing christian' to 'everyone hating / self loving muslim' he flooded 'the g-spot' (then called "anything goes") with posts 1) proclaiming islam the greatest thing ever 2) all non-believers being heathens and sinners 3) especially harsh attacks on christianity since it 'failed him' .. so we made this section to try and put 'anything goes' back into a more fun state.
(yes infinite/brian a 'white american' raised as a christian only became a muslim *after* the WTC attacks, and many believed it to be an ultimate form of rebellion against his life, that being to side with the enemy, and trauma did report him to the FBI as a terrorist.. infinites remarks supporting the WTC hijackers didnt help...)

originally this was called 'hall of mirrors' .. which actually was a hidden diss from me towards organised religion... it was later named 'train of thought', but mostly on and off its been referred to behind the scenes as 'the infinite forum' or 'the infinite show'.

anyways.. after much much debate on the subject, my own views on religion have actually changed to the point where, altho i dont believe, i respect peoples beliefs up to a point.
that point being tolerance of other peoples beliefs, the second you break that rule, you deserve what you get.
see.. i figured my attitude towards religion hadnt come from a lack of faith, or mistrust, but through a hatred towards intolerant bigots.

:)

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2003, 08:33:27 AM »
freaky.. came across this by accident...

We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.

H.L. Mencken

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2003, 09:45:12 AM »
I believe your right...

...but does the fact that it used to be worse mean that something is ok the way it is?

...its just so many interesting possibilities...all quashed with one (probably planned) stupid comment...which turns into either america is great / america sucks arguement or its any religion v's any other religion...

...thats why im agnostic ;)

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2003, 09:59:09 AM »
people have tried...

I've even taken this section of the forum away for a while in the past.

(and a similar reason is why posts in 'g-spot' count for nothing... because people were just spamming in there with bullshit and beef to bump their post counts)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2003, 09:59:56 AM by Overseer »

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2003, 10:36:26 AM »
freaky.. came across this by accident...

We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.

H.L. Mencken

That's an excellent quote, that's exactly how I feel about other people's beliefs. Often I think they're just straight wrong, but I can see why they would think they were right.  For instance, I can see why a man thinks his children are smart, I would think the same thing if I was in his shoes.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2003, 10:37:58 AM »
By the way, just to let everybody know, I never reported Infinite to the F.B.I.  It was just a joke, I saw him acting like a dick, so I posted a link to the F.B.I.'s terrorist tip line, as a joke.  It was pretty funny, because everybody got all bent out of shape, that's probably the funniest thing I've done on here.  I would have reported him, except I realized that he has no power, and he's too stupid to plan a terrorist attack.  

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2003, 10:39:09 AM »
^ yeah i know.. but he believed u had.. and that was the funniest part.

he was all paranoid about being raided in the night..  rofl

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2003, 10:42:14 AM »
LOL That shit is pretty serious, though.  In the 60's, my dad was in his 20's, and this guy he knew said he was going to assasinate the president as a joke.  Somebody reported him, and The Secret Service came to his home in WEST VIRGINIA and arrested the guy, he didn't come back for a while.  

Eidolon_Ravi

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2003, 10:53:18 AM »

Tell u all what...

I feel many ppl. don't take the posts in this forum pretty seriously... I think they kinda confuse the stuff posted here with those of the G-Spot. >:( ::)

Many-a-time I come across two-line rejoinders which  being typed in with jumpy immature fingers without puttin hardly any thinking into the issue..

All ideological isues discussed in here are conceptually pretty deep and they require much more thinking and analysis and I request everyone not to treat them like some silly joke...

Don Seer

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2003, 10:56:46 AM »

Tell u all what...

I feel many ppl. don't take the posts in this forum pretty seriously... I think they kinda confuse the stuff posted here with those of the G-Spot. >:( ::)

Many-a-time I come across two-line rejoinders which  being typed in with jumpy immature fingers without puttin hardly any thinking into the issue..

All ideological isues discussed in here are conceptually pretty deep and they require much more thinking and analysis and I request everyone not to treat them like some silly joke...

omg its owen!

Eidolon_Ravi

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2003, 10:57:03 AM »
LOL That shit is pretty serious, though.  In the 60's, my dad was in his 20's, and this guy he knew said he was going to assasinate the president as a joke.  Somebody reported him, and The Secret Service came to his home in WEST VIRGINIA and arrested the guy, he didn't come back for a while.

Tell u what scorpion.... the American Secret sErvice doesnt' give a damn about democracy.. for that matter for any form of government...  ;D

Eidolon_Ravi

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2003, 11:43:22 AM »

Tell u all what...

omg its owen!

I take it as a compliment....

Jome

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2003, 07:23:19 PM »
Some posters in this forum are just waiting to attack.. you just have to mention the word muslim, and ppl are jumping on you from all sides, wether you're hating/praising or just even mentioning them..