Author Topic: Cruz Bustamante Is A Mexican Supremacist  (Read 209 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Cruz Bustamante Is A Mexican Supremacist
« on: September 01, 2003, 09:07:33 AM »
But no one in California seems to care. I guess racism and hatred are ok if you are Mexican.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,95871,00.html

Bustamante Won't Renounce Ties to Chicano Student Group

Thursday, August 28, 2003

LOS ANGELES — California Lt. Gov. Cruz Bustamante (search), the grandson of Mexican immigrants who counts improving race relations among his biggest pursuits, refused Thursday to renounce his past ties to a little-known Hispanic organization considered by critics to be as racist as the Ku Klux Klan.

Instead, Bustamante, who is running to be governor of California, praised the Chicano Student Movement of Aztlan, or MEChA (search), and said he still supports it.

"The students who are in MEChA today are just like the students when I was there, pretty much they are trying to get an education," Bustamante said during a press conference in which the first three questions related to his ties to the group.

"I think the actuality of what takes place in those organizations is to provide student leadership. For me, and many, many others, we were running for student government. That's how I got here today."

MEChA has used violence in the past to make its case. At a July 4 celebration in 1996, members of the group, who call themselves Mechistas, were videotaped attacking black and white Americans protesting illegal immigration. In 1993, students at UCLA caused $500,000 worth of damage during protests to demand a Chicano studies department. MEChA has also been associated with anti-Semitic groups like Nation of Aztlan.

MEChA's motto is "for the race, everything. For those outside the race, nothing." Critics say affiliation with that kind of group could spell political ruin for a white candidate and are upset that little attention has been paid to Bustamante's relationship with the group. He belonged to MEChA while attending Fresno State University in the 1970s.

"Whatever you did in your youth, it's what you did at the time. You can't disassociate from the past," said Manuel Olgin, a former MEChA member and now a counselor at the university. "Now if you're still plugged in and doing stuff, that's another question. But this is immaterial to me."

"Joining MEChA was a rite of passage just like if a black student joined a black student union. And if you didn't join, you weren't Chicano. The question is why hasn't he renounced it now. It is a racist organization," said radio talk show host Larry Elder.

MEChA has as many as 300 chapters in universities across the U.S., with 100 of them in California alone.

According to the organization's constitution, "Chicanas and Chicanos must ... politicize our Raza [race] ... and struggle for the self-determination of the Chicano people for the purpose of liberating Aztlan."

Aztlan (search) is the area that is currently the southwest United States, but Mechistas claim Aztlan is their homeland to be returned to Mexico and the group says white Americans who currently govern these areas must be removed from power.

Some of Bustamante's contemporaries from the group say he was a moderate, not a militant member of the organization.

"His involvement in MEChA was not in a leadership position. His involvement was in being a member and doing what he could. He was involved at a higher level and that level was in student government," said Tony Garduque, a former MEChA member, who said the group did a lot of good things.

But that explanation doesn't wash with critics.

"What is a moderate member of a racist organization? 'I was a moderate member of the Klan.' Imagine if a Republican made that statement," Elder said.

"I think he should answer for his membership in the group," said syndicated columnist Michelle Malkin. "I think he needs to explain why he has not disassociated himself from a group that is violent, which has caused riots on campus and which has preached anti-Semitism and anti-black ideology."

Bustamante left Fresno State early and instead took correspondence classes. He was honored by the school last year at age 49 during a Hispanic-only graduation ceremony.

Though he defines his "racial ethnic agenda" as one that provides good schools, good jobs and safe neighborhoods, Bustamante has been questioned before about racism. In 2001, he had to apologize profusely to state African-American leaders after mistakenly referring to a black union using the N-word. Bustamante called it a slip of the tongue, but audience members attending the Black History celebration were stunned at the reference, for which he did not apologize until the end of his 10-minute speech.

Racist or otherwise, critics say Bustamante's membership in MEChA is certainly more relevant than Arnold Schwarzenegger's father being a Nazi. Schwarzenegger uncovered that truth when he initiated his own search in 1990 of his father's past with the help of the Simon Wiesenthal Center.

Fox News' William LaJeunesse contributed to this report.

pappy

Re:Cruz Bustamante Is A Mexican Supremacist
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2003, 09:22:09 AM »
WLCOME BACK CWALKER :D

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2003, 09:30:35 AM »
hmm

Doggystylin

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2003, 01:32:02 PM »
i don't support bustamante , but it's not becuase of this....they're making a bigger deal of this than it really is. for pete's sake the black panthers and NOI is more racist than Mecha will ever be. i can't STAND racism and what i knew about mecha before all this BS came up had nothing to do with "everything for la raza and everything outside nothing." again i ain't voting for bustamante , but i support him for not denouncing this.....cuz there ain't nothing racist about what he did.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2003, 01:51:17 PM »
I already explain this before. I'm not doing it again

PinkTowelGirl

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2003, 08:02:13 PM »
whatever you say chimney boy  ;D

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2003, 02:37:48 PM »

Don't try to excuse this story, Lost Angel. The fact that someone running for governor in California is a former member of a hate group cannot be justified.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2003, 04:56:09 PM »
Did MeCHa support the few who did stupid things like riot, etc, etc? I seriously doubt it.

If the MeCha club is so damn racist? Why do they still have it in High Schools right next to the BIBLE Club, the CHESS Club, the BEST BUDDIES club? Oh yea thats right because its a STUDY GROUP and in that study group u get to know about your chicano history. I guess people want me to forget my whole roots.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2003, 06:24:47 PM »
u know what else?  Lets compare MeCha and muslims.  Osama is a muslim extremist...but does this mean all muslims are terrorist? they all follow the same beliefs? It all comes down to this...people are using these few dumb bastards that took the MeCha beliefs to the extreme to put down Bustamante. thats politics for ya...taking bitch shots to your opponent

PinkTowelGirl

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2003, 09:02:04 PM »
ok..mecha is just an Educational Movement..... for learning about.. chicanoism and historical informations that have to do with Mexican Americans... and it is for all people.. blacks.. whites... mexicans.. yellow.. blue and purple...

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2003, 11:49:55 AM »
Anyway you look at it, some Mecchans (lol) have the motto "For the race everything, for those outside the race, nothing".  That, at it's DEFINITION, is racist! How the fuck can you say it isn't?  LOL  What the fuck.  

If I said "For white people everything, for black and hispanics, nothing", I would be DESTROYED politically.

Lets see this for what it is.  Racism.  I'm sorry, that's just how it is, it's clear cut, and nothing you can say can change the fact.  Some of Meccha apparently don't support it, but Cruz does, so fuck him, and his racist ass.  IT really doesn't matter anyways, the people of California aren't stupid enough to elect his ass governor.  

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2003, 12:45:11 PM »
Anyway you look at it, some Mecchans (lol) have the motto "For the race everything, for those outside the race, nothing".  That, at it's DEFINITION, is racist! How the fuck can you say it isn't?  LOL  What the fuck.  

If I said "For white people everything, for black and hispanics, nothing", I would be DESTROYED politically.

Lets see this for what it is.  Racism.  I'm sorry, that's just how it is, it's clear cut, and nothing you can say can change the fact.  Some of Meccha apparently don't support it, but Cruz does, so fuck him, and his racist ass.  IT really doesn't matter anyways, the people of California aren't stupid enough to elect his ass governor.  

when did Cruz Bustamante say "For la raza everything. And Everything outside of la raza nothng" ??

Fuck man MeCha helped many latinos get through college. I thinkthats better than to hve them in the streets. If it wasnt for MeCha some latinos wouldnt even have a good education. THEY ARE NOT RACIST. THEY ARE NOT RACISTS. Get that in your head please man. Do you know people in MeCha? Cuz I do ...and I know they are not racists

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2003, 02:05:28 PM »
the people of California aren't stupid enough to elect his ass governor.  

Lets just quote this

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2003, 09:56:35 PM »

aright heres the run down for ya man. mecha back in the 70's had a lot of extremists becuase let's face it the 70's and 60's were a time of protests and extreme views and politics. there was people in mecha (people in mecha not mecha as a whole) who wanted the US to give aztlan (the whole sw united states) back to mexico for god who knows why. but those extremists over the years faded out and Mechas real purpose is still around. mecha has been in every school i've been to and all it's about is helping kids (of every color) with school and learn about chicano history.......that's IT! yes there are people in there who think extremely but the same can be said about any large organization.

and i'll say it again.......fuck bustamante ,but not for his mecha ties.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09