Author Topic: ITALY OUT: THE DAY AFTER! SCANDAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1491 times)

Juice

Re: ITALY OUT: THE DAY AFTER! SCANDAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2002, 03:03:34 PM »
Blatter: assistant referees a 'disaster'

MILAN, Italy (AP) - Labelling linesmen at the World Cup "a disaster," FIFA's president said in an interview published Thursday that he would propose changes in the selection, training and designation of match officials for future editions of the competition. In the interview with the Milan daily Gazzetta dello Sport, FIFA president Sepp Blatter also said certain refereeing decisions against Italy at the World Cup caused him to "suffer deeply."

Two episodes during the match - playmaker Francesco Totti's sending off for diving and an offsides call against midfielder Damiano Tommasi - provoked outrage in Italy.

TV replays suggested Totti fell in the penalty area after making contact with an opponent and that Tommasi was onside when he received the pass from a teammate. Had Tommasi's goal stood, Italy would have won via the golden goal rule.

Blatter denied any conspiracy but conceded several dubious decisions had damaged the Italians.

"Unfortunately, through exceptional circumstances and coincidences, numerous and consecutive errors were concentrated on the Italian team," Blatter said in the interview.

"To make things worse, in some of these circumstances, like Damiano Tommasi against South Korea, the action, then stopped for offside, had resulted in a decisive goal. It was certainly inadequate refereeing, but also very unlucky," Blatter was quoted as saying.

Also, the incident involving Totti, "was neither a penalty nor a dive," Blatter said. "In any case a referee with a greater 'feeling' wouldn't have booked (Totti), remembering that the player had already received a yellow card and would have to be sent off for a second offence."

Source: SLAM! SPORTS (it is from Canada, not Italy)
Link: http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/2002/06/20/1507.html

GAME OVER! DRUNKEN_RAPPER-FOOL NOW SHUT UP!

Juice

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2002, 03:05:35 PM »
FIFA admits Italy-Korea referee blundered
AFP
Seoul, June 21

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Italian-South Korea referee was wrong to send off Italian captain Francesco Totti for diving FIFA admitted on Friday.
Edgardo Codesal, a member of FIFA's referee committee, said television replays proved that Byron Moreno, who has been branded public enemy numer one in Italy for expelling Totti, had blundered.

Moreno had claimed there had been no contact with a Korean defender and that Totti had dived.

"Totti dived. I was 15-20 metres away. I had a very clear view. The right decision," he insisted.

But Codesal, who refereed the 1990 World Cup final, said television had proved Moreno was wrong.

"If you freeze the screen you see contact between Totti and a Korean player," said Codesal.

But he refused to criticise the Ecuadorian referee.

"It was a very difficult situation for the referee," said Codesal. "At the speed of the game today mistakes can happen. It is impossible to see everything."

Codesal refuted claims from Italy that Moreno had been part of a conspiracy to ensure Italy went out early from the tournament.

"Referees are honest men and try to do their best. The idea is to try to be fair, this is very important but mistakes always happen," he said.

"The referee's mistake is part of the game, like the player's mistake, like the coach's mistake. We need to be more human with the referee," he added.

Codesal warned that one mistake should not be allowed to mar the tournament.

He said that out of the 5,000 odd decisions taken by referee and linesmen in the tournament to date only four or five important mistakes had been made.

"About one per thousand. It is low," said Codesal.

FIFA President Sepp Blatter joined the battle of words over refereeing and called for the system on how referees are selected to be changed.

At present referees come from all six FIFA confderations.

"A World Cup that has the best players and teams in the world should be overseen by the best referees regardless of their nationality," said Blatter.

"From now on we will call in the best, full stop, even if they come from just a handful of countries."

Codesal said he was not opposed to such an idea.

"I am always open to ideas that would improve the level but to get the solution is not easy. Referees are human beings not machines," he said.

Source: Hindustantimes.com (non italian)
Link: http://www.hindustantimes.com/nonfram/210602/dLSPO01.asp
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Juice

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2002, 03:06:17 PM »
SEOUL, June 19: Fifa leapt to the defence of World Cup referees here yesterday after furious criticism was levelled at Ecuadorean referee Byron Moreno follo-wing South Korea's stunning upset win over Italy.

Spokesman Keith Cooper insisted Fifa were satisfied with the standard of the refe-rees.

"Inaccuracies have been kept to a minimum," said Cooper. Last week Fifa president Sepp Blatter also rushed to the aid of referees.

The 66-year-old said there had been no problems with the refereeing however he did admit there were problems with the linesmen.

"A major problem in football at the professional level we are playing are not the referees but the assistant referees," said Blatter.

"We have to find a solution of how better they can judge offside. This is a point where we have to put our importance for the future," he added.

Moreno has been branded 'public enemy number one' in Italy after he sent off captain Francesco Totti.

Italian coach Giovanni Trapattoni had no doubt law student Moreno was to blame for his side's shock loss.

"Everyone saw the match," he said. "We were penalised. I don't understand why my player was expelled. I don't understand why we had to become a victim of bad decision making.

"There were some bizarre decisions in some situations. We'll have to analyse this calmly." Italy's Public Administration Minister Franco Frattini joined the row, raging: "An indecent and scandalous referee! I've never seen a match like that. It seemed like they got around a table and decided in advance to throw us out "Somebody has to demand an explanation for the refereeing." Italy's football federation chief Franco Carraro apologised to Italian television viewers for the defeat when he was interviewed on the touchline after the match.

He said he would reserve his comments about Moreno's refereeing performance until he got home to Italy.

But Italy is not the only nation to vent their anger towards the men in black.

Spanish coach Jose Antonio Camacho had few kind words to say about Swedish referee Anders Frisk after his side's 3-2 penalty shoot-out win over Ireland.

The sides had finished extra-time level at 1-1 but Camacho believed the match should have been settled before Ireland were awarded a penalty in the final minute of normal time which was converted by Robbie Keane.

"We had three or four opportunites and the referee blew for offside. I'm not sure they were offside and I don't think the final penalty (Keane's) was a penalty," said Camacho.

And the referee in the USA's shock 2-0 win over Mexico also came in for criticism when he missed a blatant hand ball by American defender John O'Brien.

Mexico appealed in vain for a penalty when O'Brien used a fist to prevent the ball reaching Cuauhtemoc Blanco's head but Portuguese referee Vitor Melo Pereira never saw it. ?

Link: http://www.nst.com.my/z/Current_News/NST1/Thursday/Sport/20020620132239

Juice

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2002, 03:08:02 PM »
Do i have to go on, moron?

I quoted President of FIFA admitting it, Secretary admitting it, FIFA Judges of Refrees admitting it. What do you need more? Just shut up and fuck you, fool. Now you officially proved how sorry you are.

Oh.. and you are keeping dissing me without a reason. LOL. Think about the bullshit you are writing.

Juice

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2002, 03:09:37 PM »
check what Maradona said.....

ROME (AFP) - Diego Maradona has weighed in on Italy's side in the great World Cup refereeing debate, blasting officials' handling of matches in an article written for Italy's Expresso news magazine Friday.

"If I'm not mistaken, no team in a World Cup has been given as many unmerited slaps in the face as Italy," said Maradona, who captained Argentina to World Cup victory in 1986 and won an Italian championship with Napoli.

"Under the shadow of referees, this World Cup is already a failure," said Maradona, who has been struggling in recent years to overcome cocaine abuse.

"Why so much aversion to Italy and so many favors for Brazil, who were thankful for a non-existent penalty and the lack of a red card for the farce staged by Rivaldo?" asks Maradona.  

"Even leaving aside the inexplicable disallowed goal by Belgium" against Brazil in their second round tie, won 2-1 by Brazil.

Italy cried foul when it was beaten by South Korea in a second round match marred by refereeing decision which it says cost it a place in this weekend's quarterfinals, including a disallowed "golden-goal" in extra-time.  

In the end, the Koreans won the match with a "golden goal" of their own.

"Watching the World Cup from Cuba I don't know the games going on in the background. All I know is that FIFA puts its own interests first."

"The main protagonists in football must be the players and not the bureaucrats. It's one of my old battles."  

from soccer.com

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2002, 06:32:00 PM »
hmmmm...
oh yeah...
brazil 4 life  :D
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

40oz GRApHire

• Funk Doctor
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PS: I'm still a Buddhist :)
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2002, 09:50:26 PM »
yo I think this beef should stop... seer ill catch you on mirc
40oz Graphire

bez

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2002, 02:02:03 AM »
LOL I cud not be assed reading all that shit

Juice

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2002, 02:32:01 AM »
LOL I cud not be assed reading all that shit

I wrote it just cause Koreans still thinks Moreno didnt make a single mistake, lol. How morons.

min0rity

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2002, 06:28:34 AM »
yo i check the links..and yeah i'll give u props for that dicksidaccc...but yo i never said moreno never made a single mistake....don't put words in my mouth..he did make mistakes just like ANY OTHER refs do during games....now go home ;D

Juice

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2002, 06:51:09 AM »
yo i check the links..and yeah i'll give u props for that dicksidaccc...but yo i never said moreno never made a single mistake....don't put words in my mouth..he did make mistakes just like ANY OTHER refs do during games....now go home ;D

Is it a coincidence another refree did the same against Spain in Korea's last game? And against Portugal in the game before Italy? That's the only question. If you think it's a coincidence, then probably Korea is the luckyest team in the World Cup history. You lucky or korrupted? Lucky? Ok. Then please stop talking like Koreans are heroes and Italians and Spanish morons. Cause it's the opposite, according to the rest of the world.

min0rity

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2002, 09:35:37 AM »

Is it a coincidence another refree did the same against Spain in Korea's last game? And against Portugal in the game before Italy? That's the only question. If you think it's a coincidence, then probably Korea is the luckyest team in the World Cup history. You lucky or korrupted? Lucky? Ok. Then please stop talking like Koreans are heroes and Italians and Spanish morons. Cause it's the opposite, according to the rest of the world.

BWHAHAHAHAHA yo why all of a sudden being a bitch for 3 different countrys??? i found it funny how you didn't say shit when we beat portugal but since we beat italy and spain NOW you talk shit....i mean you talk bullshit before the game korea-italy.....what the fuck is your problem??? why don't you stop being a coward and if you seriously have a problem with the games why don't you go to the public and start protesting or something instead of hiding behind the screen??? man you need a life fast...and why do you call koreans morons just because we beat 3 major teams mostly by SKILL???? i don't understand....so you think italins and spanish are heroes?!?!?!? LMAO...dude you are so ignorant...yeah..flopping, pulling hair, grabbing shirts, crying, being bitches are such heroes ::) and NO the rest of the world thinks korea has improved and is merging into one of world's elite teams......its only the italins which makes sense since ya'll the biggest bitches in the world....youre just hating because it ain't all eurpeans, south african teams anymore...dude we are winning because our coach hiddink he set up things well for the team...let me teach you something...do you really think that the players thats out playing for korea are the 11 best players in our country???? HELL NO....theres AT LEAST 3-4 REAL STAR PLAYERS (goalie included) for korea sitting out in this world cup because our coach doesn't like individual play...he mostly thinks 100% teamwork and even ahn jung whan almost got cut for that...anyways, so it ain't luck, it ain't the refs, its mostly skill and home court advantage....look man i don't even want any beef with you for real...i don't want to have a beef with some crazy psycho internet gangsta...you scaring me ;D

Juice

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2002, 03:58:23 PM »
Drunken fool, do you still want me to show how moron and ignorant you are? Cause i did it for your last 300 posts. So please shut up and enjoy your party.

Korea made 1 shot in 88 mins against Italy, and 1 in 90 against Spain. Then the refrees made the difference.

About Portugal.. i didnt give a fuck about them until we faced Korea. I mean.. they received a bad refree, just like Belgium, or Turkey, or USA. The strange thing was been the game vs Italy, the 2nd consecutive. Then Spain, the 3rd. 3 consecutive robbed games.

But... oh.. continue celebrate. You so dumb that you cant even understand that, while you all are celebrating, the whole world (but England, of course) is thinking you robbed and you didnt deserve to be there. If you dont care, then you dont know what sport is about. It's not about regime no more, man. It's not Korean power vs West Coast World power. LOL. Update your mind.

bez

« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2002, 04:48:39 PM »
yawn

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2002, 05:43:07 PM »
yawn

if u dont got anything to say, dont post then foo