Author Topic: News on Ludacris video + "Chicken & Beer"  (Read 125 times)

PLANT

News on Ludacris video + "Chicken & Beer"
« on: September 04, 2003, 10:41:14 AM »
NEW YORK — The 2003 MTV Video Music Awards took place just last week, but Ludacris is already looking toward the 2004 ceremony. He wants to be onstage accepting a Moonman or the powers that be will feel his wrath.

"I would definitely say 'Stand Up,' the first single from the Chicken & Beer album, is the best video I've ever done," Luda boasted with a smile at Radio City Music Hall a day before the VMAs. "I ain't saying that for no promotion — I actually sat down and wrote the treatment myself. Dave Meyers came in with more ideas and this video is just ridiculous. If I don't win a MTV Award for this video next year, I'm whoopin' somebody's ass, straight up."

In the clip, which recently hit the airwaves, Cris plays a dancing baby that's dressed up in a pimp suit and has certain body parts that appear larger than life (see "Ludacris Nabs 50 Cent For 'Ridiculous' Track, Hallucinates Iced-Out Midget").

"Shooting the whole video after writing the concept down was like making my dreams come true," he continued. "Everything I wrote came true. We shot it out in L.A. and we had a lot of special effects going on. I had different wardrobe changes, we got cars, women, clubs, big-ass shoes, big-ass chicken, big-ass everything. This is a big-ass video."

Luda, who also has an X-Rated music video on his Web site for another cut from Chicken & Beer called "Pu--- Poppin," ("I think it's important we cover all bases," he explained of the raunchy video where people see him at a strip club) says he's not relying on his single to power his LP. He says his record is complete from the rooter to the tooter.

"You asking me do I have more bangers on my album? You damn right, boy! It's the most versatile album ever," he said. "Of course, I got my women songs on there talking about females. We got a 'Hoes' part three. 'Area Codes' [from my last album] was 'Hoes' part two. Me and Snoop got a new song called 'Who Let These Hoes in My Room?' I got a song called 'Teamwork' talking about a ménage a trois. I got lyrical songs, a song produced by Erick Sermon where I just rap for 64 bars straight. I call it 'The Hip-Hop Quotable' because that's exactly what it is. The whole album is ridiculous. I feel like I'm the most versatile MC in the game."

Cris' diversity has not only been limited to the mic. He's also demonstrated his ability to adapt from being an artist to putting out his own acts on his label, Disturbing Tha Peace. Chingy, the first solo artist to come out on the label other than himself, is pushing units with his recent debut, Jackpot. Cris plans to showcase some of his other musical family members as well when they all head out on the road before the beginning of 2004.

"Ludacris' tour is coming at the end of this year," he said. "I'm bringing Chingy and the rest of the DTP with me. You're hearing it here first.

"We're gonna go wherever they have the check," Cris added, explaining what types of venues he and his crew will patronize. "I'mma set a price and wherever we have to go to get that price is where we gonna be at."

I cant wait for this album......It sounds like it's gona be some classic shit IMO.......Luda's always been one of my favorites.