Author Topic: California Is Going To Give Illegal Immigrants Drivers Licenses  (Read 298 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
California Is Going To Give Illegal Immigrants Drivers Licenses
« on: September 08, 2003, 05:55:05 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,96739,00.html

Driver's Licenses for Illegals Spark Security Concerns

Monday , September 08, 2003

LOS ANGELES — Though several immigration issues simmer in California, Democratic Gov. Gray Davis' (search) signature Friday on a bill allowing illegal aliens to obtain a legal California driver's license has sparked considerable controversy.

Aside from the political debate, and the oxymoron it creates — that it is now legal to be illegal — police have major security concerns.

One such concern is the sale of fraudulent identification forms. Under the new law, illegals must present two forms of identification to the state's Department of Motor Vehicles.

Places like Los Angeles' MacArthur Park (search) have become a marketplace for fake IDs, including foreign birth certificates and the matricula consular (search) card, the card issued by the Mexican consulate. Spurred on by the Mexican government, dozens of American cities now accept the matricula consular cards as legitimate identification.

Fox News sent a buyer out who easily purchased a card for $90. Come January, experts say, it will be no problem to use the card to get a legitimate California license.

Advocates of the new law downplay the potential for fraud and say the bill makes roads safer by requiring illegals to take a driving test. Critics say the roads may be safer, but the county is not.

"In California, you can now obtain a gun, explosives, jobs in secure areas — even at a nuclear power plant" — with a driver's license, an undercover officer who is a document fraud expert told Fox News.

Some lawmakers say even if Mexicans aren't a terror threat to the United States, foreigners from hostile countries could try to pass themselves off as Mexican to get the documents they need to legally enter U.S. society. Rep. Elton Gallegly, R-Calif., said he doesn't understand why U.S cities are even accepting matricula consular cards as eligible ID.

"What about Syria? What about Iran? Where do we draw the line?" Gallegly asked. "Are we going to say it's OK this country does it? The bottom line is, the only people that need this are people that have no legal right to be here to begin with."

In the past, matricula consular cards were only given to legal residents in the United States. Mexico changed that last year, giving them to any Mexican national — legal or not — who requested one. Mexican officials say the question of whether the U.S. should accept them is a debate for the U.S. politicians, not the Mexican government.

"That is not my problem, it is the problem of the United States. Our problem is to protect the Mexicans. The obligation, the task of all the consulates, 47 consulates around the country, is to protect the Mexicans who live here," said Agustin Pradillo, a diplomat at the Mexican consulate in Los Angeles.

The U.S. Congress may step in and work on legislation that says the only acceptable foreign identification is a passport. Because of security concerns, some states may also decide not to accept California driver's licenses as ID, saying the new law there sends the message that immigration rules are meaningless.

Fox News' William La Jeunesse contributed to this report.

UnstoppableForce

Re:California Is Going To Give Illegal Immigrants Drivers Licenses
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2003, 06:00:52 PM »
I'm happy for these poor people. They deserve it.  8)

*Observes CWalker and Trauma getting infuriated with this*

Woodrow

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2003, 07:19:21 PM »
I think it's silly that he rejected this twice before.

When his job comes into jeporady, look what happens. Pandering for votes IMO

It's the security concerns that worry me the most about this law...

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2003, 06:19:44 PM »
I would like to know what was the fucken difference for a terrorist to harm the United States with or without this law....if these guys can make bombs ...im pretty sure they had connections int makig fake Drivers Licenses.  This is really helping everybody...even citizens. And please stop with the breaking the law shit...40% of caucasians in the U.S come from undocumented people.

Woodrow

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2003, 06:23:34 PM »

"In California, you can now obtain a gun, explosives, jobs in secure areas — even at a nuclear power plant" — with a driver's license

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2003, 06:29:01 PM »

"In California, you can now obtain a gun, explosives, jobs in secure areas — even at a nuclear power plant" — with a driver's license

Undocumented people still wont be able to get a job cuz of Social Security. Not only that but if they can...anybody cant just get a job in a nuclear power plant. ANd what about Michigan?  You can just get a gun there in a gun show.  or is it in all of America?  Yea America is already nuts for guns because of fear.

Woodrow

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2003, 06:36:07 PM »
So I guess that undercover police officer who is a document fraud expert just dosen't know what he's talking about...

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2003, 06:39:48 PM »
So I guess that undercover police officer who is a document fraud expert just dosen't know what he's talking about...

please counter my points. And by the way...that article is from FOX...and FOX and News are  :-\

Woodrow

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2003, 06:44:49 PM »
Counter your points?

There's a quote from a police officer backing up my points. I guess you know more about fraud and the law than he does?

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2003, 07:49:52 PM »
Counter your points?

There's a quote from a police officer backing up my points. I guess you know more about fraud and the law than he does?

ok...u really feel you are in danger? with this law. I think the odds are pretty much the same. Again if you can easily purchase a gun in a michiganauto show with no problem...why arent people focusing in that ?

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2003, 04:02:37 PM »
im still waiting for the counterpoints...cuz i gues that guy is not familiar with the whole social security situation

Woodrow

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2003, 04:25:32 PM »
Counter your points?

ok...u really feel you are in danger? with this law. I think the odds are pretty much the same. Again if you can easily purchase a gun in a michiganauto show with no problem...why arent people focusing in that ?

Sigh...

I haven't given any counter points becuase you haven't provded me with any points backed up by facts.

I don't really care what your points are if they can't be backed up by facts.

I have a police officer backing up my points. What do you have? Your thoughts.

We aren't talking about michagan because the title of this topic is "California Is Going To Give Illegal Immigrants Drivers Licenses"

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2003, 04:31:24 PM »
Counter your points?

Sigh...

I haven't given any counter points becuase you haven't provded me with any points backed up by facts.

I don't really care what your points are if they can't be backed up by facts.

I have a police officer backing up my points. What do you have? Your thoughts.

We aren't talking about michagan because the title of this topic is "California Is Going To Give Illegal Immigrants Drivers Licenses"

let me rephrase...can you get a FUCKEN JOB with no social security card?

Woodrow

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2003, 04:33:15 PM »
One such concern is the sale of fraudulent identification forms. Under the new law, illegals must present two forms of identification to the state's Department of Motor Vehicles.

Places like Los Angeles' MacArthur Park (search) have become a marketplace for fake IDs, including foreign birth certificates and the matricula consular (search) card, the card issued by the Mexican consulate. Spurred on by the Mexican government, dozens of American cities now accept the matricula consular cards as legitimate identification.

Fox News sent a buyer out who easily purchased a card for $90. Come January, experts say, it will be no problem to use the card to get a legitimate California license.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2003, 04:39:00 PM »
To Apply for a Social Security Number--

Download the form to apply for a Social Security card; or
Visit any Social Security office to apply for a number; and

Provide original documents showing your age, identity and lawful alien status (including your permission to work in the U.S.).

i doubt a nuclear powerplant will accept any body who wants to apply there with no background check and no social security number.

and I thought the topic was SECURITY. thatswhy I brought up michigan.