Author Topic: Why i respect Nelly........hear me out!  (Read 1063 times)

bez

Re:Why i respect Nelly........hear me out!
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2003, 06:20:50 AM »
I like Nelly's music.. Hate on me if you want.. Not so much Nellyville but Country Grammer... Jus a god album.. So many catchy tracks... Im feelin it... and i also agree with teecee's comments

I think we have to like it, hes on our tv screens in uk like every second.lol, N e way I dont mind Nelly either, Hot in here, Ride Wit Me, Luven U, E.I, Dilemma, not really bad tunes.

mauzip

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2003, 06:37:52 AM »
I like Nelly's music.. Hate on me if you want.. Not so much Nellyville but Country Grammer... Jus a god album.. So many catchy tracks... Im feelin it... and i also agree with teecee's comments

I think we have to like it, hes on our tv screens in uk like every second.lol, N e way I dont mind Nelly either, Hot in here, Ride Wit Me, Luven U, E.I, Dilemma, not really bad tunes.

True. His songs ain't bad in general anyway. But you don't wanna listen a whole Nelly album cause it all sounds the same.

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2003, 01:41:38 PM »
I respect your opinion.

Now I dont like Nelly either, but I got respect for what he does and how he came into the game...

BTW, Jankiest, thats nice lookin bud ya got there  ;D
« Last Edit: September 10, 2003, 01:43:34 PM by Bram »

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2003, 04:10:00 PM »
I agree 151%

Shit amazes me...He did it MAJOR...I remember when his 1st album waz comin out they had a half page promo at tha end of Source...I remember I waz lookin at it like Nelly? aint dat a gyrls name? never thought shit would turn like this...

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Trauma-san

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2003, 06:22:37 PM »
I respect Nelly because he's not fake.  He really is a talentless pot head, and that's exactly what he portrays in his music.  Why hate?  Hell, to each his own.

This, btw, is the same reason I respect Britney Spears.  She's exactly what she acts like.  I don't like her music, or pretty much anything about her, but she's being her.  

Can we really say that about Dr. Dre?  I'm not saying anything.  Just saying it's something to think about.  If Dre's really a family man, like he says in interviews, why does he rap about cars and fucking prostitutes?  I'm confused.  

Active Ingredient

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • wake up in tha mornin with my lucky charms cereal
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2003, 11:24:16 PM »
he used to be a gangsta rapper but he changed up his style so he would have more mainstream apeal.

i dont have respect for that

"I keep it gangsta for the kids" -Goldie Loc

mauzip

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2003, 06:42:23 AM »

Last Dragon

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2003, 12:35:11 PM »
IF you listen to his album, he slips in street shit here and there.  It's very, very,...very sporadic.  His crew, The St. Lunatics, are moreso guys that do talk some street tales.  They might change uo even more to try to match Nelly's success.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2003, 12:35:49 PM by Last Dragon »

bez

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2003, 02:43:37 PM »
he used to be a gangsta rapper

When?
dam didnt u ever hear the country grammer single......when, jesus.

mauzip

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2003, 06:07:54 AM »
i don't call somebody a gangster rapper just because of 1 song ::)

KVB

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2003, 12:19:29 PM »
Yeah I respect him too. I don't like him, and I think his music is wack (bar a few songs), it doesn't appeal to me at all. BUT, I see no reason to hate on him either. If Nellyville sold over 5 million copies somebody must really like him, so who am I to judge. No matter how talentless he may be, his story deserves respect.

Jimmy Cash

• 'G'
  • Jimbo C. on the scene
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2003, 03:44:54 PM »
i saw his drivin and he used to be a gangsta rapper untill he met ali who had a diffrent style that would sell better
and country grammer is a classic imo

Reservation, Bitch!!!

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2003, 10:03:14 AM »
First of all, i dont even like Nelly at all, and i do NOT like his music, aside from one song (Ride With Me).....so, do not think i am some teeny bopper Nelly and Ja fan.

But, consider this:  Nelly came into the game BY HIMSELF, no help from the Neptunes or Dre or any of the other usual suspects.  I mean, it was just him and his boys from St Louis.  He had a unique (although wack) style and he blew up with it and he deserves props for what he did with his first album- he made himself a star without big time production or guest appearances......

Sure Nelly has Neptunes and Kelly rowland on his last album, but i still give im props for coming in the way he did and blowing up like he did.  U think 50 woulda blown up without Dre and Em, or Em without Dre, etc.  So, PROPS TO NELLY.........now, if he would only quit the game and disappear!
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2003, 11:07:37 AM »
Eminem saved Dre's career

Good timing, and the right topic..

Btw, Eminem saved Dre's career by producing "My name is" for Dr.Dre right.. ??

lol there wasn't even much production done for thats song as its almost the same as the sample

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?